Ducks Unlimited Federal duck stamps

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
kenny7478
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Ducks Unlimited Federal duck stamps

Post by kenny7478 »

First of all, everybody have a great Thanksgiving. I have the 1993/1994 and 1994/1995 Ducks Unlimited Federal Duck Stamp Commemorative Edition, by Schrade Cutlery. Also a Ducks Unlimited SDUPH2 and SDU50. Any ideas about price???????
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Ducks Unlimited Federal duck stamps

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Without any pictures of the knives it's impossible to estimate values. Condition is everything. Probably not what you're wanting to hear but with a few exceptions the commemorative ready-made "collectables" don't hold their value. A general rule of thumb I use is, high end is 20-30% below what they sold for when newly issued. There are occassional exceptions though.

The best source of current value is to do an advanced search on eBay for sold listings of the item, in this case Schrade Ducks Unlimited stamp knives. By limiting your search to sold listings only, you will find results for what has sold and the prices the item actually sold for (not some wishful asking price).

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
kenny7478
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by kenny7478 »

Thank you sir, they are new, old stock knives
kenny7478
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by kenny7478 »

DSCN0182.JPG
DSCN0183.JPG
DSCN0184.JPG
DSCN0185.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Really knice looking knives. I especially like the wood on the fixed blade. I have no idea of value but I bet someone will. Thanks for sharing. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I did a little exploring. Your fixed blade might be reasonably priced at $265. The others from $160 to $180. There are lots of Schrade Duck knives on ebay. Only found one Duck with stamps. Failed to turn up anything in past sales. But as the old saying goes, a knife is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it so if you put them up for bid you may do much better. Or......
kenny7478
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by kenny7478 »

Thanks for your help, it’s really appreciated. I bought a pretty good size lot. I’ve got over two dozen case. Probably the same in American made Schrade. A few Bucks.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Quick Steel wrote:I did a little exploring. Your fixed blade might be reasonably priced at $265. The others from $160 to $180. There are lots of Schrade Duck knives on ebay. Only found one Duck with stamps. Failed to turn up anything in past sales. But as the old saying goes, a knife is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it so if you put them up for bid you may do much better. Or......
QS, I'd have to say you are being awful generous with your value estimate. If that PH2 fetched over $70 on Ebay I'd be surprised. As for the others I'd say more likely in the $50 range.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

There are hundreds of DU etched knives from over the years - I'd love to see a list of them but am unaware of any. As to value, I put them slightly above the equivalent standard model and hope to get that amount. But there is always that one collector out there who needs it for their collection - then you might get much more. Nice DU knives - good luck with your sale, OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”