Case Christmas Tree

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
just bob

Case Christmas Tree

Post by just bob »

Attachments
ebay pic.jpg
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
RalphAlsip

Re: Case Christmas Tree

Post by RalphAlsip »

It looks to me like it could be a legitimate pattern (_327) where the "_" would get replaced with a number like 1 with maybe the letters "RM" in front so something like RM1327. I don't usually pay attention to celluloid handled knives.

Anyway, the handles seem out of character to me although the rest of what I see matches to what I would expect to see for a 3 blade 27 pattern. I know there was a 6327 (bone handle). Case could have made this celluloid version and not documented that they made it.

Edit: Added a couple of pictures to support the opinion that the OP knife is a 3 blade 27 pattern. I borrowed the reference picture from Sargent's 7th as I do not own a 27 pattern. The photo editing is a little crude and the angles from the photos are not a good match for comparison.
Attachments
Case 6327 evaluation #1.jpg
Case 6327 evaluation #2.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

You won't find those handles on a XX stamped knife. At 3" it looks too long to be a 27 pattern frame and too short to be an 87. Not sure what it is but I am sure it's not right.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

btrwtr wrote:You won't find those handles on a XX stamped knife. At 3" it looks too long to be a 27 pattern frame and too short to be an 87. Not sure what it is but I am sure it's not right.

Agree...to me it appears to be an authentic XX 6327 with handles replaced. Nice replacement job, but not original.

Case never made any fancy celluloid handled knives in the XX, USA, or 70's eras. None. Zip.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”