Ask knife related questions here. Please answer some if you are an experienced collector!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 am
I have a beautiful pocket knife with 2 blades the blade is marked OREIGN thought it may be 'Foreign' but there appears no room for the F...can anyone help at all ??? Thanks in advance
- Posts: 693
- Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:58 pm
- Location: michigan
I think that the letter F was damaged and no long appears.
- Gold Tier
- Posts: 5244
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm
I have owned a few pocket knives marked "Foreign" but have never seen any information about this marking. When was it used ? And why is there not the name of the foreign country instead of just "Foreign" ?
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:25 pm
- Location: Lower Hudson River valley, N.Y.
I agree with Mrwatch, broken or damaged stamp, there was room for the F.
- Posts: 6704
- Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:02 pm
- Location: Tecumseh,Michigan
I believe that stamp was used on German made knives after WWI that were to be imported into England.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Return to “Knife Related Q&A”