Not an Original Schrade Walden 2OT

Discuss and show off counterfeit knives here. Post pictures and share information if you spot one, or own some. Make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
ea42
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Not an Original Schrade Walden 2OT

Postby ea42 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Hey folks, I'm sure most of you know this already, but for those who don't; this knife is not original. The 2OT's were only made with sawcut bone handles (some of which wound up smooth), never jigged bone. That's not even Schrade jigging. It would probably make a decent parts knife if the bolsters aren't too overly buffed, but that's about it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Find-Vint ... Swx8pa-gul

Eric

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Not an Original Schrade Walden 2OT

Postby kootenay joe » Wed May 16, 2018 2:02 am

Thanks Eric. Good job done replacing handles. Could fool those not familiar with the 2OT.
kj

ea42
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Not an Original Schrade Walden 2OT

Postby ea42 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:58 am

Did you see that price?? It's gone up $200 since I posted. Two clueless people having a bidding war on a knife they apparently know nothing about. Rehandled with the wrong bone, overbuffed bolsters, wrong center pin (should be brass and spun, not N/S and hammered), and the jimping has been ground off the liners at the backspring when it was re-ground to haft the new handles. ::doh::
Yet they're still bidding it up to a price approaching an excellent condition original. I don't get it ::shrug::

Here's a pic of what that knife should look like:

Schrade 2OT.jpg

As opposed to what is being auctioned off:

Schrade 2OT re-handle.jpg

Eric

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”