What about Kissing Crane?

Ask knife related questions here. Please answer some if you are an experienced collector!
JMH60

What about Kissing Crane?

Postby JMH60 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Kissing Crane knives? Are they good quality? Looks like some are German made and some are not. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What about Kissing Crane?

Postby Mumbleypeg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:31 am

The old Robert Klaas Solingen-made ones were well made and good quality. Here's a thread with a lot of info. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32377

The more recent Kissing Cranes are made in China. I have no interest in them, so can't speak to their quality.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

"Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right."
- Charles H. Spurgeon
https://www.akti.org/

terryl308

Re: What about Kissing Crane?

Postby terryl308 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm

I have been carrying this Kissing Crane around for the past year. Made in China. Only issue I had is the shield fell off after a 3 foot drop to the concrete shop floor, can't really blame the knife for that! They are glued on not riveted. The blades are just as good as any good quality Chinese made knife that I have owned (Schrade, Marble, and RR). Been resharpened several times. Cost was only about $15, so if you can get around the made in China stigma, they are ok for the money. I'm sure they are not nearly as good as the old german made ones however. ::handshake:: Terry
Attachments
DSC_1655.JPG
DSC_1656.JPG
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”