Did anyone else go to the CAMA Fall Festival?

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
KAW

Did anyone else go to the CAMA Fall Festival?

Postby KAW » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Connecticut Antique Machinery Association (CAMA) located in Kent http://www.ctamachinery.com/
hosts an annual event in the fall where not only can you look over their collection of antique machinery, but can observe most of them in action.... from the small air powered engine models you see in hobby shops.... to the gas powered hit & miss portable engines you often see at county fairs.... to massive stationary steam powered engines.... plus antique cars.... trucks.... and tractors. They even have an operating steam locomotive and a full fledged saw mill. Next door is the well known Eric Sloan museum housing his collection of 18th & 19th century hand tools on the property of the former Kent Iron Furnace (1826−1892) which still stands. Plus there were vendors selling all types of tools, parts & even knives.... but I did find anything to add to my collection.... but a great weekend to be had be all that showed up there.... put it on your calendar for next year.... always the last weekend of September.... if you plan to be in the area....
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)

Gunsil

Re: Did anyone else go to the CAMA Fall Festival?

Postby Gunsil » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm

I had not heard of that one, but I once went to Kent where a little museum held the original and nearly complete Holley Knife Co factory display board. I have been to the big antique engine show in Kinzer, PA, it is a big one!! I have heard that the Holley display board is no longer on display, don't know where it went. It was only missing a few of the larger folding hunters which some kids had stolen while the board was stored in a local barn. You could still see the outline of of the knives like shadows where the sun had bleached the background of the board. I hope somebody puts it back on display again, it is a fine collection of early American pocket knives.

KAW

Re: Did anyone else go to the CAMA Fall Festival?

Postby KAW » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:47 am

If the display was once at the Eric Sloan Museum, it is not there at present.
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”