Case 6143 Daddy Barlow

A place to discuss & share pictures of counterfeit knives. Please be sure to alert the AAPK community if you spot one. Also make sure to ask questions if you are not certain about the authenticity of a knife you are considering buying or selling. There are plenty of great people here willing to help.
Toejammer

Case 6143 Daddy Barlow

Post by Toejammer »

This one just strikes me as having been customized. The strawberry bone doesn't seen to have the right dimensions, and the pins are too clean. Usually pins with any age start to create a dark spot on the surrounding bone. But the real kicker, for me, is the pivot pin. The bolster is nickel silver / stainless I guess, but that pin looks brass. It just strikes me as some as my old customs before I started using nickel silver pins

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-FIND-Vin ... d%3D777003%
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
just bob

Re: Case 6143 Daddy Barlow

Post by just bob »

Looks like you nailed that one. Is that Robeson bone? This guy is an estate buyer and not a knife guy. He doesn't live far from me and has a talent for outbidding me on every single knife I have an eye on. He lists them all on ebay and does surprisingly well on them. He has been told before that his knives were suspect but lets them run anyway.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Toejammer

Post by Toejammer »

Also I forgot to mention. The one picture of the backspring shows where the bolsters / bone meet up....and they are offset. Believe me, I know about that problem, as I've screwed up like this myself when customizing. ::doh::
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
Bruce Lee
just bob

Post by just bob »

I was just looking at this guys other items. Hard to explain how it is perfectly acceptable to sell a sword on ebay, but if you try and list a key chain switchblade you're threatened with suspension.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Counterfeit Watch”