Robeson two blade jack

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
DelNich.57

Robeson two blade jack

Post by DelNich.57 »

Hello friends can anyone give this "newbie" any information on this Robeson two blade jack ? It has the number 622056 on back of main blade and Robeson Shuredge U.S.A. ON front.
Attachments
15059456339551726463742.jpg
15059457333931049440344.jpg
15059458339091599449296.jpg
1505945941227136408118.jpg
RobesonsRme.com

Re: Robeson two blade jack

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

That's a very nice Robeson 056 jack.

I'm not sure I've ever seen that bone, which is certainly a Robeson product, on a knife with that post WWII stamp.

The bone is circa WWII, because we see it on contract knives made for the U.S. Government

Robeson started using their Strawberry Bone in 1948, so I'm going to say your knife is circa 1945 to 1948.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Nice one, DelNich.57. That knife is in beautiful condition.

Here's one I bought used but have had it for a few years.
Attachments
DSCN9288.JPG
DSCN9291.JPG
DSCN9294.JPG
Joe
DelNich.57

Post by DelNich.57 »

RobesonsRme.com wrote:That's a very nice Robeson 056 jack.

I'm not sure I've ever seen that bone, which is certainly a Robeson product, on a knife with that post WWII stamp.

The bone is circa WWII, because we see it on contract knives made for the U.S. Government

Robeson started using their Strawberry Bone in 1948, so I'm going to say your knife is circa 1945 to 1948.

Charlie Noyes
That's great Sir, I certainly appreciate your sharing the information that you have acquired. I'm very new to knife collecting in a serious way and was thrilled to be able to get such a fine example of a craftsmans work. If you don't mind me asking what do you think is a fair value? I only have about a dozen or so knives at this point but I'm getting them (Good ones) that I've run across about 2 or 3 a month. Thanks again!
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I'm a knife collector, not an appraiser.

When I have ventured into the role of appraiser in the past, I have at times, caused someone to pay too much for a knife or to sell one too low. Both those type of events caused a diminutive reduction in a previously positive personal relationship.

So, I don't appraise knife values.

There are numerous members here that buy and sell knives as a profession or semi-profession. Possibly one of them will speak up with a valid appraisal of the knife.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
DelNich.57

Post by DelNich.57 »

Sir I am pleased with the information that you have given me and I thank you again for that. Insofar as our passion for fine pocket knives we share the same ideals actually I really have no desire whatsoever in parting with the least of my collection. My knives will eventually be my son's and grandsons so as far as the value, it was more a matter of curiosity. I'm certain I didn't over pay for it because I am blessed to have a good source. Have a great day and I look forward to talking again.
Del Nicholson

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”