Knife Display

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
J1890

Knife Display

Post by J1890 »

I have been keeping my knife collection in this box but as it grows ::ds:: I need to get something else to hold them.
IMG_1963.JPG
IMG_1964.JPG
My wife bought me this cabinet. I can modify it the have glass windows and maybe add a couple of shelves ::shrug::
IMG_1965.JPG
IMG_1966.JPG
Just curious what you think would work inside the cabinet and what you use to store or display your collection.
Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you ::tu::
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
bdev

Re: Knife Display

Post by bdev »

That cabinet would be good to store them in. Replacing the wood doors with glass is the way I'd go also. Or you could just thin out the inside of the doors so you can see the interior better, then add glass to those doors. Adding thin wood shelving is a must.
I use an old glass cabinet to display some of my favorite knives but it's not good for storage. I store my knives in drawers that I built. I think i have a pic of the drawer set up somewhere. If I find it I'll post it.

knife display cabinet.jpg
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I have several of these wood and glass display cases I keep in a safe. They're easy to pull out if I want to show off my knives or enjoy looking at them myself.
I also use some inexpensive knife briefcases to store and display knives. They are more portable then the wood cases.
Attachments
BOX03.jpg
storage satchel 1.jpg
storage satchel 2.jpg
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

It's fun to display them when you are starting out where you can see and enjoy them. I have picked up a few old hardware store display cases over the years that I put knives in that match the name on the case. A few years into collecting and you will probably want some degree of security, at least for the finds you make that you can't replace. On your new case some slanted shelves might give you a little more visibility. There are so many aspects of this hobby that are fun to do even after the thrill of finding the treasures. I have picked up a few knife logo to dress up an unmarked case too. Lots of ways to display the collection.____Dave
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

I've been converting my gun cabinet into a knife display/storage. Don't have a lot of knives yet, but as the collection grows I'll probably get a gun safe to move my long arms to and completely shelve out the cabinet and add some lighting.
Attachments
IMAG1846.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I enjoy the cabinet displays and would like to get one or more when circumstances permit. In the meantime I do use the portable carry cases and find them very convenient.
P1010707.JPG
P1010706.JPG
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Thank you all for the ideas. This is great. ::nod::
gwelker62 wrote:I've been converting my gun cabinet into a knife display/storage. Don't have a lot of knives yet, but as the collection grows I'll probably get a gun safe to move my long arms to and completely shelve out the cabinet and add some lighting.
gwelker62, I like that idea. I have a cabinet in my workshop I can do that to. ::tu::
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Ok, for now I have repositioned the top shelf of my gun cabinet. What do you think?
IMG_1974.JPG
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looks Good!!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Looks like your off to a good start.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

That looks great j1890. I display all of my knives.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

J1890, looks like you've got a heck of a start on your knife display. Thanks for sharing! I see that Voos has a place of honor in your display already. ::tu::

Bruno, that's a fine display case but unless my eyes are deceiving me I'm not seeing a single Winterbottom bone Queen in there? ::uc::

I love threads like this, for inspiration and so I can try to put my own little twist on some of the ideas, and after I do a lot of rearranging that I've been putting off I plan on building a display or two and a "cutlery corner" so my users can do more than just occupy a few boxes. You may want to "invest" in a few cheap silica holders (or even the packets out of electronics boxes) for humidity control to make sure the carbon blades are protected -- not everyone has to take that into consideration but I'm used to always thinking of the moisture issues in south FL.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
bdev

Post by bdev »

Tsar Bomba wrote:
Bruno, that's a fine display case but unless my eyes are deceiving me I'm not seeing a single Winterbottom bone Queen in there? ::uc::
You are correct sir. I only display those in the winter. ::ds::

I kid.... I kid.... Now that you brought it up, I think I'll make a change and display nothing but winterbottom in that display case. I'll post a pic on the Queen forum when I do. :)
bdev

Post by bdev »

J1890 wrote:Ok, for now I have repositioned the top shelf of my gun cabinet. What do you think?
IMG_1974.JPG
I think it works fine. Now you can admire your knives and guns at the same time. ::tu::
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

J1890 wrote:Ok, for now I have repositioned the top shelf of my gun cabinet. What do you think?
IMG_1974.JPG
Looks good John and it appears you have oiled or refinished the interior wood (Oak?) which has made it 'pop'.

Have you thought ... perhaps... to rake the shelf with the back an inch and a half, maybe 2 inches higher than the front?
It would allow the knives at the back to be seen better.

Derek
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

I like to keep some of my favorites out where I can see them. But I also want to be able to pull one out and finger it or maybe photograph it without moving the case. I have a couple of display cases that I got off Ebay that measure about 14 by 17 inches that work pretty well. One is a golf ball display case (do not ask me why anyone would want to display golf balls) and one is for displaying military coins. And no, I do not know what that means, even though I was in the military back in the last century. They both work pretty good. the golf ball case has a bit more depth so you can also put other stuff in it if you want. The coin case is just deep enough for pocket knives.
Attachments
Golf ball display case
Golf ball display case
Military coin display case
Military coin display case
Mel
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Brumbydownunder wrote:
IMG_1974.JPG
Looks good John and it appears you have oiled or refinished the interior wood (Oak?) which has made it 'pop'.

Have you thought ... perhaps... to rake the shelf with the back an inch and a half, maybe 2 inches higher than the front?
It would allow the knives at the back to be seen better.

Derek
Hey Brumby, thanks! Great minds think alike. Tomorrow I will be changing things up after thinking about it and reading these great ideas. I'm going to add a second shelf and some LEDS. I'll post pictures after I'm done.
bdev wrote:
IMG_1974.JPG
I think it works fine. Now you can admire your knives and guns at the same time. ::tu::
Thank you ::tu::
Tsar Bomba wrote:J1890, looks like you've got a heck of a start on your knife display. Thanks for sharing! I see that Voos has a place of honor in your display already. ::tu::

I love threads like this, for inspiration and so I can try to put my own little twist on some of the ideas, and after I do a lot of rearranging that I've been putting off I plan on building a display or two and a "cutlery corner" so my users can do more than just occupy a few boxes. You may want to "invest" in a few cheap silica holders (or even the packets out of electronics boxes) for humidity control to make sure the carbon blades are protected -- not everyone has to take that into consideration but I'm used to always thinking of the moisture issues in south FL.
Thanks buddy. That Voos makes it into my pocket more than most of the collection.
I get those silica bags for free at work.
J1890

Post by J1890 »

Spent a little time rearranging and adding an LED.
Second shelf coming some time soon. Will angle that one.
IMG_1988.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG
IMG_1990.JPG
Brumbydownunder

Post by Brumbydownunder »

That has really made it Pop! ::ds::
"Belong Where The Moment Finds You"
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

I like that ya got some of the boxes/tubes on display too. That makes for a nice presentation. All my boxes are packed away in the bottom drawer of the cabinet, but after I add a few shelves I may do the same as you.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”