Need Help Identifying Year and Model

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Kelebowl

Need Help Identifying Year and Model

Post by Kelebowl »

image1.JPG
Can you guys help me identify the time period, model number, and estimate price of this German Eye Bone knife? This is my first post. Thanks for your help.
Kelebowl

Re: Need Help Identifying Year and Model

Post by Kelebowl »

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. None of the pics in the listing provided show the knife's tang stamp, and without that important piece of info it's more difficult to determine a date. Here's a link to the Tang Stamps thread here on AAPK. Hope it's of some help.viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39799&p=458227&hili ... er#p458227

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

It looks like it should be 3-eye (early to mid 70's), I think, but the third eye,the tang stamp, is missing???
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I don't get it ! You have it listed on ebay but in your very brief 'description' you say "this knife is not for sale".
Are you selling it ?
The older Eye Brand are very good knives. I believe the more recently made ones are of lesser quality.
Your knife is called a "Swing Guard" and Eye Brand made some in 1960's or early 1970's. They might also have made some more recently.
I do not recognize the box as being an Eye Brand box but i have not see what current boxes are like.
kj
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

I'm confused also kJ, listing on ebay says "not for sale" well what do you have it listed for, just info? I think there would be a better place to seek out information. JMO, Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by EyeBJoe »

I believe KJ has the dating pegged as well as possible. Great looking Schlieper swing-guard with very nice bone. I believe that the box is correct to the knife and the folded papers inside the box also. I have three smaller old Schlieper boxes that look the same.

Joe D.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”