Custom knife maker question

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
jljr1944

Custom knife maker question

Post by jljr1944 »

I recently purchased a custom folder. The maker mark on the knife is W S. I was told W S is or was a Texas knife maker but I can't find any info on that mark. Is there anyone on the forum who might know who the initials belong to. I have no idea if this maker is still making knives. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Custom knife maker question

Post by glennbad »

Pictures would certainly help. Sometimes a mark alone is not enough, but certain makers have a style that is unique and easy to recognize.
jljr1944

Post by jljr1944 »

I will try and get a picture posted later today. The knife in question is a copy of the Remington 1305.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quite a few custom knife makers have copied that Remington LB. You could try contacting a Texas knife maker and ask them if they know of "W.S.". Jerry Halfrich & Phil Tham are both knife makers in Texas who might know.
kj
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

::handshake:: ::handshake::
jljr1944 wrote:I recently purchased a custom folder. The maker mark on the knife is W S. I was told W S is or was a Texas knife maker but I can't find any info on that mark. Is there anyone on the forum who might know who the initials belong to. I have no idea if this maker is still making knives. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
I donot know who W.S. is but you could try the Texas Knife Makers Guild web site, I believe they have a contact email on there and begin by asking questions directed to them. good luck with your search. Also post a photo if you can that might help. Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”