BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Ivoryman

Re: BOMBS AWAY!!! THE UN-OFFICIAL OFFICIAL BOMB THREAD

Post by Ivoryman »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 pm Does a birthday gift from a (non-knifer) friend count as a "Bomb"? If so, this Spyderco Endura 4 with individually hand-painted "Zome" glow in the dark covers is a doozy. The gifter said he had ordered a Delica since he knows that is the model I prefer, but this Endura is what I got and I am perfectly happy with it (I already have enough Delicas and I've been wanting another Endura since giving away my last two). I admit it's a bigger knife than I prefer to EDC, but it's also such a cool knife I am glad to have one. And, the glow in the dark feature is pretty cool too.
Wow, sweet gift, good score. Very cool scales. Congrats and better keep that friend. He's cool.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

One of the greatest benefit of being a member of AAPK is the friendships you forge. I’ve been so fortunate to have made some great friends in Canada, Roland Procter, Mark-Madmarco and Ali of Eight Knives. Ali sent me this beautiful Persian knife as a gift. The handles are purple marble resin that is simply beautiful. The blade has some very well done file work that has been nicely smoothed. Ali description: "Custom Made Bird's Head Bolster Knife which is 100% handmade.
Nice filework on the blade,
Steel Liners and Nickle Silver bolsters.
Beautiful chip and crack free resin handles,
The material of the blade is a Hammer Forged high Carbon Steel (SAE 5160) with very high tensile strength which make the knife much strong to cut hard woods like Bamboo.
This handmade knife was made by master "Ali Alikhani" one of the famous knife masters in Iran."

This is such a nice gift. Thank you Ali.
Attachments
C14F1E94-102B-45AB-A270-92442E52FF97.jpeg
454FE227-6A58-4B85-8F8D-80F5E3E4D028.jpeg
37EABD61-239A-49A3-B5DD-9FDD4F7D6CF2.jpeg
68F53558-329B-4DFE-8C10-15E9D0DC5D23.jpeg
8FC63ACA-1ABF-4017-9202-F510F6B43EB4.jpeg
42AC38B6-CA7F-493A-9990-713A06C8EB40.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Wonderful bomb Mark. ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

What an interesting knife. I could go for one of those. Congratulations.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Looks better each time I view it Mark. Congratulations on the knife, as well as the company you keep. You can even tell folks that the fella who gifted it to you stamped his name on the tang for you to remember him by, no one needs to know it's the builder's name too! ::paranoid:: lol! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Doglegg, Jerry and Mark. This is the second knife with the birds head that I have gotten from Ali. The first one is stag and it’s pretty sweet too. I like the blade on this one better. So tempted to carry this, still undecided about that.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

To state the obvious, you have a beautiful and very interesting knife. The workmanship appears superior. What a great gift. I think I would carry it and show it off at every opportunity.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I’ve been showing off the stag handled version of this one for quite sometime. I do like the smaller profile on this blade better so I might just carry it.
Thanks Garry.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Congratulations, Mark, and a great gesture from Ali!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I vote for carry it and show it off to others at every opportunity, Mark. 8)
8)
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

Thank you Mark for your kind words, I am so glad that I became one of your friends😊 I guess everyone knows that Mark is very knowledgeable in the world of knives, and if you order a knife from his store, you would get a very high quality knife for sure.
Thanks again Mark for being generous in sharing your valuable knife knowledge with me.
Ali
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:57 am One of the greatest benefit of being a member of AAPK is the friendships you forge. I’ve been so fortunate to have made some great friends in Canada, Roland Procter, Mark-Madmarco and Ali of Eight Knives. Ali sent me this beautiful Persian knife as a gift. The handles are purple marble resin that is simply beautiful. The blade has some very well done file work that has been nicely smoothed. Ali description: "Custom Made Bird's Head Bolster Knife which is 100% handmade.
Nice filework on the blade,
Steel Liners and Nickle Silver bolsters.
Beautiful chip and crack free resin handles,
The material of the blade is a Hammer Forged high Carbon Steel (SAE 5160) with very high tensile strength which make the knife much strong to cut hard woods like Bamboo.
This handmade knife was made by master "Ali Alikhani" one of the famous knife masters in Iran."

This is such a nice gift. Thank you Ali.
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

That is a great idea Mark!😎😁
Madmarco wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:17 am Looks better each time I view it Mark. Congratulations on the knife, as well as the company you keep. You can even tell folks that the fella who gifted it to you stamped his name on the tang for you to remember him by, no one needs to know it's the builder's name too! ::paranoid:: lol! 8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Ali! ::handshake:: That was a wonderful gesture you made by sending that beautiful knife to Mark, I'm sure he appreciates it very much. Most kind of you my friend! 8)
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

:shock: Congrats Mark! ::handshake:: That's an awesome knife! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

Good deal Ali! ::nod:: Very kind of you! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

:) ::tu::
Madmarco wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:47 pm Thank you Ali! ::handshake:: That was a wonderful gesture you made by sending that beautiful knife to Mark, I'm sure he appreciates it very much. Most kind of you my friend! 8)
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

:) ::tu::
TPK wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:28 am :shock: Congrats Mark! ::handshake:: That's an awesome knife! ::nod:: ::tu:: :D

Good deal Ali! ::nod:: Very kind of you! ::tu:: :D
alfa5069

Post by alfa5069 »

::tu::
Dan In MI wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:08 pm Congratulations, Mark, and a great gesture from Ali!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I received these two from Madmarco the other day. The brass handled one was for me and the black handled Columbia was for my wife. Mark is so thoughtful to include my wife in this. The brass handled one has a Damascus blade with all brass components. I like the way they fish scaled or peacock feathered the brass bolsters, not sure if that is a correct term for this. It’s a nice touch along with the file work on the liners. Mark said the handle is camel bone and I really like the coloration of this. I like the way this knife just flows into the point on the dagger blade. The black one is already in use, my wife pocketed it the second she heard it was for her, she uses a knife shipping our knives to customers way more than I use a knife on a daily basis.
Thank you Mark for your generosity.
Attachments
626B2B12-0032-479E-A699-351180FE17C0.jpeg
64282813-F01C-44C9-B1A1-F3AE8CEA82AF.jpeg
CBBBD90C-8227-46F7-8A93-67259D35A5D2.jpeg
2DF85F3B-1415-4E73-A356-7BF84C37F02F.jpeg
C-WADE7
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by C-WADE7 »

Beautiful knives and very thoughtful gift from Marco.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Well done Marco. ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

You are most welcome, Mark, and thanks for the kudos fellas.
Our buddy ~Q~ commented in "Mail Call" that he was surprised that I'd part with that colorful knife, but since I can recall off the top of my head at least 4 different occasions where Mark sold me knives from his personal collection that he would have just as soon hung onto, but I had showed an interest in them so he sacrificed them for me.
Even more importantly, Mark has shown me friendship and generosity in the time I've known him, so if one little knife will bring him a bit of pleasure, it's a very small price to pay.
8)
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:30 am I received these two from Madmarco the other day. The brass handled one was for me and the black handled Columbia was for my wife. Mark is so thoughtful to include my wife in this. The brass handled one has a Damascus blade with all brass components. I like the way they fish scaled or peacock feathered the brass bolsters, not sure if that is a correct term for this. It’s a nice touch along with the file work on the liners. Mark said the handle is camel bone and I really like the coloration of this. I like the way this knife just flows into the point on the dagger blade. The black one is already in use, my wife pocketed it the second she heard it was for her, she uses a knife shipping our knives to customers way more than I use a knife on a daily basis.
Thank you Mark for your generosity.
Congrats Mark! ::handshake:: Those are 2 real beauties! ::nod:: ::super_happy::

Good deal Mark! ::nod:: ::tu:: ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

I just got home from a 2 week vacation in sunny Florida and discovered a large package from JamieinWV. He sent me this very large selection of new Schrade factory blades. I'm sure I'll be able to use a lot of these in upcoming projects.
Thanks Jamie!
Jeff
Jamie_Bomb
Jamie_Bomb
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

You’re in hog heaven with that many blades. That was really nice of Jamie to do that.
JamieinWV
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by JamieinWV »

Jeffinn wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:58 pm I just got home from a 2 week vacation in sunny Florida and discovered a large package from JamieinWV. He sent me this very large selection of new Schrade factory blades. I'm sure I'll be able to use a lot of these in upcoming projects.
Thanks Jamie!
Jeff
jamie_bomb.jpg
You are more than welcome I sure hope you get use of some of them
If God didn’t want us to have guns, he wouldn’t have given us trigger fingers!" - Yosemite Sam
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, “Those who can count and Those who can’t”
www.allaboutpocketknives.com/jamieinwv

Return to “General Knife Discussion”