First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks for opening Cudgee. Getting nippy here at 8 degrees going to 30. Supposed to be a cloudy day.

Hope to hear during the course of the day how those with medical issues are doing. Also, whether or not Boji picked up a Smith & Wesson yesterday.

Earthquake reported near the Tennesee-Georgia border. Not exceptionally large but apparently made an impression on those in the area.

By all means, stay warm and safe.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin crew, one more day of work this week then off for two. 22-48 and sunny. Stay frosty!
David
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. We spent most all day yesterday at Emergency and the Dr. in charge decided about three o-clock that Jane was holding her own on oxygen and could go home with 5 bottles and a machine that produces oxygen. She would only need the bottles if she had to go somewhere. She is still testing positive so she's not going anywhere. I asked the Dr. if I could infect anyone being around Jane and going to the store. He said no but wear a mask around other people just in case. Jane's oxygen is holding at 90 on the machine and mine is steady at 97%. Now if we can get Phil up and running the world will be back to doing OK. I need chicken feed sometime today but have nothing else to do but laundry, cooking, dishes and cleaning the house. I'd way rather be across the road at the job site sanding and finishing paneling. Have a great weekend and be safe.____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' folks. A Happy Birthday wish for RW. A prayer for Jane and Philip and any of the other sick folks here in the FCD.
Like yesterday, not much going on at my household. It is 30º outside and will likely get into the 50s later in the day. I think that this was the last night of freezing weather for a while. I did hear one local weatherman say that this would be our last cold spell of this winter.
I finally got all my data transferred to my new computer. Now, if I can just get it organized. I'll watch some football along the way.
Hope you all have a great day today.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Out of the deep freeze this AM, 17 degrees with possible snow showers.
No guns came home with me yesterday, the S&Ws were all 6 inch barrels, not my favorite. Yes, prices were high as I expected. They will be getting more but didn’t know what they would be. But a new Springfield compact 1911 in 9mm caught my eye. Might be a future purchase.
Work today, whatever that brings.
Might go out for some social activity tonight, good local musician is playing at the distillery.
Have a great weekend whatever your plans might be.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Friends.
DJKnife , Good to read that Jane is holding her own .
Been out feeding the birds and clearing a few snow drifts and now time for a cup of coffee and check out the forum .
RW , enjoy your visit with the Girls . It’s nice to celebrate with Family .
Well our great local Government is starting to shut down local events of 10 or more people ! Seems all that is doing is pissing people off. A localArt show ,scheduled for the weekend was shut down yesterday. Feel for some of the local Artists who spent a lot of time and money getting ready for this weekend. Some had been counting on this show to help get them thru till Spring . Getting to be a mess .
On a brighter note ,it’s above Zero and can be outside for more than a few minutes without getting frostbite.
Today is wide open ,no real plans. Maybe Wife and I will hit a few shops and say hello to some old friends.
Take Care out there,stay warm and safe. ::tu::
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin’, FCD crew.
Slept in this morning for some reason. ::shrug:: We got home this morning just after midnight. Thanks again for your concern. The doctor did his thing, found several blockages but none of them merited any action like a stent. He and an associate felt it best to treat these areas with medication. They went in through the upper thigh and that required so many hours laying flat without moving right leg. They shortened the time by an hour but after the 5 hours, I was to sit for an hour in a chair to make sure of no bleeding. All that included being moved to a private room as the Cath lab closed before my “rest time” was over. Great care and great nurses to be thankful for! Most of all, I’m thankful to the Lord for His protection!
Weather this morning is overcast and 37 degrees, dropping into the 20’s next couple of nights.
Coffee is good and I’ll be on light duty for several days. :(
Have a great day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Boji wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:40 pmBut a new Springfield compact 1911 in 9mm caught my eye. Might be a future purchase
a year ago I purchased a new Springfield Armory 1911 EMP P19229L Champion 9MM that is now discontinued:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911 ... stainless/

Great weapon for CC and it’s eaten whatever ammo I fed it, I’d highly recommend if you can put your hands on one.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Louisville.Boy1947

Post by Louisville.Boy1947 »

Good to hear everyone 's health is improving !
Got up to 11 degrees and sunny skies . Another cold day forecast, but no snow forecast in the near term. Everyone stay and healthy.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

bestgear wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:23 pm
Boji wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:40 pmBut a new Springfield compact 1911 in 9mm caught my eye. Might be a future purchase
a year ago I purchased a new Springfield Armory 1911 EMP P19229L Champion 9MM that is now discontinued:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911 ... stainless/

Great weapon for CC and it’s eaten whatever ammo I fed it, I’d highly recommend if you can put your hands on one.
The one I’m considering is a current production Ronin 3”.
I’ve been a revolver shooter most of my life, just can’t warm up to the current crop of compact “wonder 9s”. Had a full size Springfield 1911 that I shot well. There is something about a 1911 that just feels right in hand.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
MissouriGuerrilla

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

Morning, FCD!

It is 26* and a bright sunny morning here in the Ozarks. Heading for a high of 45*
Well, better health reports all around. Good to hear! ::tu::
Nothing on the docket today except a grocery delivery to the house and getting them put up. Maybe I'll get to some of them dishes.......maybe.
I'll ponder on it and see how I feel later. ::hmm::
Y'all have a great Saturday. Be careful and be well!
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Morning peeps.
Chilly this morning. Chilly now. Supposed to get to 29 overnight.
Coffee was pretty good.
Feel rather blah but that is normal.
Going to do another Hooligan vehicle for my friend at work.
Looking for the magic penny!
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, sure good to see folks are getting back on their feet.and feeling a bit better.
🌡 dadgum cold 11deg this morning they say mid 30's by afternoon but I got my doubts. 26
for the high yestiddy and it up to 26 now at 11:15.
Critters are fed and the dishes warshed and put away.
Gonna get my longhandles on and head to the trash/recycle bin in a bit, probably hit the TSC for critter food also.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. 🙏 hoping everyone's that's puny, health continues to improve . ::handshake::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Phil. so glad it went well.____Dave
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Phil, ditto what Dave said.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Good to hear tf!! 👍
Now take it easy and go slow!! 😉
John 🍻
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

treefarmer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:15 pm Good Mornin’, FCD crew.
Slept in this morning for some reason. ::shrug:: We got home this morning just after midnight. Thanks again for your concern. The doctor did his thing, found several blockages but none of them merited any action like a stent. He and an associate felt it best to treat these areas with medication. They went in through the upper thigh and that required so many hours laying flat without moving right leg. They shortened the time by an hour but after the 5 hours, I was to sit for an hour in a chair to make sure of no bleeding. All that included being moved to a private room as the Cath lab closed before my “rest time” was over. Great care and great nurses to be thankful for! Most of all, I’m thankful to the Lord for His protection!
Weather this morning is overcast and 37 degrees, dropping into the 20’s next couple of nights.
Coffee is good and I’ll be on light duty for several days. :(
Have a great day.
Treefarmer
Glad you are home and everything went without any complications. The fact that you slept in is a good sign. ::nod::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Paladin wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:53 am Mornin' folks. A Happy Birthday wish for RW. A prayer for Jane and Philip and any of the other sick folks here in the FCD.
Like yesterday, not much going on at my household. It is 30º outside and will likely get into the 50s later in the day. I think that this was the last night of freezing weather for a while. I did hear one local weatherman say that this would be our last cold spell of this winter.
I finally got all my data transferred to my new computer. Now, if I can just get it organized. I'll watch some football along the way.
Hope you all have a great day today.

Ray
Mate you are a genius being able to transfer computer data. ::nod::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:38 am Thanks for opening Cudgee. Getting nippy here at 8 degrees going to 30. Supposed to be a cloudy day.

Hope to hear during the course of the day how those with medical issues are doing. Also, whether or not Boji picked up a Smith & Wesson yesterday.

Earthquake reported near the Tennesee-Georgia border. Not exceptionally large but apparently made an impression on those in the area.

By all means, stay warm and safe.
Don't know if you saw it, but last weekend there was an under sea volcano eruption in the Pacific ocean. Devastated Tonga, and a warning was sent to the West Coast of America.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Diner is open and coffee is on, hope you are all having a good weekend, been a hot spell here now for about a week, with really warm nights. A lot of grumpy sleep deprived people around, last night was particularly warm but i had no trouble sleeping, have a fan set up at the end of the bed. Have not even had to put the air-con yet, but that may change this week. Say a prayer for our members who are going through a rough time if you are attending services today. Enjoy your coffee and the last of the weekend. :)
Rdubya21

Post by Rdubya21 »

Morning Cudgee , everyone . Glad the heat isn’t bothering your sleep . It’s 25 here going to 15 tonight . We have weather advisory snow coming today . Just 3 to 6 inches , but that means the daughter visit I’ve been looking forward to may not happen ,again . Good to see many on the mend .
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. I woke up a 4AM this morning after sleeping hard last night. This weekend absolutely wiped me out. Church is canceled this morning because a bunch of us are or were sick. My rural neighborhood snuck by with nearly zero infections until this last one hit and nearly everyone, husband and wife, are getting it, and some severe. The local city officials in all local cities have put mask mandates in all public indoor areas, but it appears herd immunity is pretty sure to take over. Jane is still doing great but we have to call and ask if we should be trying to wean her off oxygen at some point. Have a great Sunday.____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin' guys and gal. I have to suck this first cup down and get ready for church as I think I have usher duty this morning.
I was disappointed that Green Bay lost their game in the last seconds. Ah well, my team was 'one and done' again this season.
It is a cool 44º this morning and supposed to get into the 50s later in the day.
I hope your day is blessed.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone.
Another Sub zero morning here . Been out shoveling the 3 inches we got last night and the birds have fresh food .
Ray ,that was a disappointment with the Packers last night . Special Teams didn’t do there part again . Go Bengals and Bucs !
RW , hope the girls can still visit. This damn Covid and Weather makes it hard to be out and about.
Not sure what’ll happened today . Will just have to see what rolls around . Father in law wants to go ice fishing. He has a nice pop up tent and heater but that’s not my idea of fishing. Or my idea of walking on water ! We’ve lost several this winter falling thru the ice . A little football and good book sounds much warmer .
Stay safe out there . ::handshake::
JP
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Mornin friends, sun is trying make it up over the horizon. Just a glow on the horizon at the moment. Glad to hear folks are gettin better. 25-55 and sunny. Headed over to moms later this afternoon. Happy trails!
David

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”