First Cup Diner!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: First Cup Diner!

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. Like Jerry, we are in cool down mode. It's 40 right now and only suppose to get to about 60 today. Sunday's all day light rain was perfect for my new grass. The sun is peaking down through the trees and is shining on the bog lake out behind the house. My view is near completely blocked with trees and tall underbrush this time of the year. Tonight is suppose to get cold (low thirties) but they are talking 80's again by Wednesday. I'm taping drywall and varnishing today and have a church board meeting tonight so I'll start the week off running. I pray all our AAPK friends were spared the nasty weather down south this weekend. Have a great week.____Dave
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', Folks.
Nothing going on here at our camp today that takes any special planning. We are experiencing 75 degrees and 93% humidity now but it will get hotter no doubt. During the night the stars could be seen, this morning it is cloudy again.
Had a great day yesterday, Father's Day was good, got long calls from the children which is always good.
Coffee is ready so we'll get started.
Y'all have a wonderful day.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning,Coffee is good this morning ,weather is cooler and just right for work or play . The wind is blowing steady,should keep the bugs down while working outside. The rain yesterday was a blessing,the crops sure needed it. Not sure what will happen today ,some chores around the house. Tonight at 6 we are meeting at the church to pull All the chairs to get lifts in to work on the ceiling. And finish installing sound panels , so will be a long day.
Chris, Thanks for opening up,hope your work week goes well for you.
Ray, easy on the wild parties while wife is gone.
David in Texas, have a great and safe trip .
That’s about it here ,need another cup o coffee and then will get after it,you all have a great day.
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

cudgee wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:41 am Terrible to she the horrific bus smash in Alabama with all those kids killed, just tragic,
Cudgee, I Googled that and watched one of the videos. It brought tears to my eyes. Horrific. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/20/us/alaba ... index.html
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Morning crew, got coffee and rain. 63-75 and thunderstorms. About 20 to 25 degrees cooler than the last week. Farmers have been cutting wheat so this rain will put a stop to that temporarily. Got to go to the grocery store in a bit. My grub stake is low. Keep yur powder dry!
David
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Married 41 years today!! Going out this evening to get a steak dinner!! Would do it all over again!!
John 😎
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

jmh58 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 pm 41 years today!! Going out this evening to get a steak dinner!! Would do it all over again!!
John 😎
John,
Not sure if that is a Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary but whichever it is, I hope you have a good one. ::handshake:: ::ds::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Must be an anniversary, Ray. ::hmm:: I'm going to say it is and say Happy Anniversary to you, John and your dear wife! ::clapping::
Treefarmer

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thank You Guys. I fixed the post. ::facepalm::
John 🤠

Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

Afternoon folks.
Was ever so bleary eyed today.
Don't remember lying awake.
Coffee was good.
A little better now but not back to normal just yet.
Looking for the magic penny!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

jmh58 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 pm Married 41 years today!! Going out this evening to get a steak dinner!! Would do it all over again!!
John 😎
Happy Anniversary , hope you enjoyed your time at dinner. ::handshake::
JP
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:39 am
jmh58 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 pm Married 41 years today!! Going out this evening to get a steak dinner!! Would do it all over again!!
John 😎
Yes, fantastic milestone, hope you had an enjoyable evening, the steak sound good. ::handshake::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

John 😎
Congratulations John!!! ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

We are open for business, all the usual's and plenty of coffee. Been tinkering on my sharpener, just waiting for some things to arrive, but i am in no hurry. Have a good one. :)
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good morning everyone! Back to work. Sure was nice to have a couple off. 59-84 and sunny. Later
David
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Mornin Cudgee and mornin' David and mornin' to the rest of the folks her in the FCD. I woke up a little early so will get a good nap in a little while. I'm ready to head out to the Men's Breakfast in a little while.
Hope your day is a good one.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good morning. It's a little before 6 and temp is sitting at 40 degrees. The bog lake behind us is keeping the temp up a little compared to nearby locations. Some places around here were worried about plants freezing last night but no worries here. I dug out one of my quilted vests to keep my teeth from chattering until the sun warms things up a little. Sanding drywall and maybe start painting the addition today. Have a great Tuesday.____Dave
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Morning Everyone, a little chill here as well,had to dig out a hoodie. Should be a beautiful day here,blue sky,light breeze,warming to the 70s , great day to be outdoors . Which will take place after a cup or 2 of Coffee,and a light breakfast. Still working on our back yard patio,plants,etc.,and might even have a decent lawn by fall. The other day my good friend Marvin asked if Sturgiss would interest me this year ,he has a cabin in Rapid City can stay at. Some friends from all over are going,and maybe the last time,or trip for some of us. So sounds like Sturgiss this year,will need to get a new rear tire and Service the HD before then. It will be nice to see some of the old Crew,what’s left anyway.
Cudgee,thanks for opening up . Haven’t made any headway on the knife club thing,seems there’s not much interest in monthly meetings around here. The shows however seem to be doing well ,and the knife vendors have spoken with are doing very well. Same as Gun shows ,they can’t keep enough Ammo on tables to make it thru a 1 day show. Keep us posted on your sharpening device.
Time to get after it ,the birds are giving us the stink eye,they’re running on empty,so get them and us fed and get out after it. You all have a good one. Stay safe .
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good Mornin', FCD bunch.
What a wonderful night for sleeping! It has been raining since around 2 AM this morning. The rain on the metal roof sounds so good, I just can't stay awake long enough to enjoy it. ::shrug:: It is now raining hard enough that Miss Joy hasn't feed the birds or squirrels yet and the dogs haven't or I should say, won't go out in the rain. Have no idea how much rain is in our gauge. Going to upgrade our little weather stations next time and get one that records rainfall. The weather station on-line at the vocational college in town is showing 1.56" of rain so far since midnight and that may or may not be correct for our farm.
Looks like another day staying in the house readin' and lookin' at knives. :)
I doubt the satellite TV is getting a signal right now it is coming down so hard.
Y'all have a safe day whatever you are up to! ::tu::
Treefarmer

Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Up early for me. Not quite as cold as MN Dave, 42 degrees. Will warm up nicely.
Sturgis, a bunch of crazy fun memories from 1973. Camped in city park, Boones Farm Strawberry Hill by the case. Geez, just realized that was 48 years ago! Gawd I’m old.
Need to fill bird feeder, dang sparrows I want to see some pretty birds.

Work at the shop today. Off tomorrow, will be a a a family shooting range day with son and grandson. They both can out shoot me, I must Have taught them well.

Have a great day all!
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Morning folks, 🌡59 heading to the upper 70's sounds like a good day to shoot some golf balls.
Love me some cool weather this time of year, most of the rain went north and south of us yestiddy got a couple of tenths, so will probably have to drag that ole garden hose around this afternoon.
Got the critters fed and the dishes warshed.
Boji all God's creatures are beautiful, although it hard to see any on a possum.
Congrats on the wedding anniversary Ray. ::tu::
I didn't check in yestiddy, I went to a pensioners get together and really had a fine time visiting with ole work friends, boy some of those folks have got old.
Hope yawl have a good'un and be safe out there. ::handshake::
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

John 😎
Thank You JP.. ::handshake:: Dinner was GOOD!!!
John :D

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

cudgee wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:47 am
John 😎
Yes, fantastic milestone, hope you had an enjoyable evening, the steak sound good. ::handshake::
Thank You Cudgee.. ::handshake::

jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:46 am
John 😎
Congratulations John!!! ::tu::
Thank You David.. ::handshake::

Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Boji wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm Up early for me. Not quite as cold as MN Dave, 42 degrees. Will warm up nicely.
Sturgis, a bunch of crazy fun memories from 1973. Camped in city park, Boones Farm Strawberry Hill by the case. Geez, just realized that was 48 years ago! Gawd I’m old.
Need to fill bird feeder, dang sparrows I want to see some pretty birds.

Work at the shop today. Off tomorrow, will be a a a family shooting range day with son and grandson. They both can out shoot me, I must Have taught them well.

Have a great day all!
Morning Boji, City park and Boones Farm , that was some years ago wasn’t it. It’s sure changed , we won’t even go into Sturgiss, the party days are over. Will hit Needles pass, Custer and some other great places,and sit by the fire and talk about the days gone by. The years are adding up .
Don’t work to hard today.
JP

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”