Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Quick Steel »

I've said it elsewhere, but Italian design is top drawer and your City knife is no exception. Love it.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:19 pm I've said it elsewhere, but Italian design is top drawer and your City knife is no exception. Love it.
I believe you're correct. On this one is the blade really tight opening and closing or smooth with a good snap?
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm Couple of my recent acquisitions (more photos will be posted in appropriate threads):

K'roo Custom Wharncliffe Sleeveboard in Stag
P1210007.JPG

Lone Wolf Loveless "City Knife" Scrimshaw on Mammoth Ivory (made in Italy)
P1210015.JPGP1210017.JPGP1210014.JPG
Those are beautiful, Q! ::tu:: ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

petekuhn wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:51 am This should be here soon
That's a very nice rare old beauty Pete! ::tu:: I'm more of an Italian stiletto kindda guy, but I do appreciate the others as well! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm Couple of my recent acquisitions (more photos will be posted in appropriate threads):

K'roo Custom Wharncliffe Sleeveboard in Stag
P1210007.JPG

Lone Wolf Loveless "City Knife" Scrimshaw on Mammoth Ivory (made in Italy)
P1210015.JPGP1210017.JPGP1210014.JPG
STUNNING is the only word that comes to mind ~Q~! 8)
8)
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

📫 🏤 📯 postal person dropped this off a bit ago. Now if I can find Godzilla I'll have a couple of big'uns. ::super_happy:: ::woot:: ::uc::
Attachments
20220121_165442.jpg
20220121_164856.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
TPK

Post by TPK »

Very cool acquisitions Q & bighomer! ::tu:: ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Just received this 1989 Case Coke Bottle from Tongueriver. This big boy is 5 1/4" and features some nice stag. It comes with half stops; everything is tight and snappy. Good F&F. It is my first Coke Bottle with stag covers. I hope to find some more.
P1040513 (2).JPG
P1040511 (2).JPG
P1040512 (2).JPG
P1040510.JPG
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:13 pm Just received this 1989 Case Coke Bottle from Tongueriver. This big boy is 5 1/4" and features some nice stag. It comes with half stops; everything is tight and snappy. Good F&F. It is my first Coke Bottle with stag covers. I hope to find some more.

P1040513 (2).JPGP1040511 (2).JPGP1040512 (2).JPGP1040510.JPG
Niiiiiiiice!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Garry. 👍😘🤩🤩😘👍
John 🏁
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Steve and John. Comments are always appreciated.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:13 pm Just received this 1989 Case Coke Bottle from Tongueriver. This big boy is 5 1/4" and features some nice stag. It comes with half stops; everything is tight and snappy. Good F&F. It is my first Coke Bottle with stag covers. I hope to find some more.

Beautiful knife Garry! ::tu:: And it's a BIG knife too, just the way I like em'! I have a 5 14" Kabar coke-bottle with white bone covers and spear-point blade I bought from Mark currently sitting in Customs, and as soon as it's released to me I'll post some pictures! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Sounds like I missed on a good one Marco. But congratulations on your catch.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I don't know that you missed out on anything Garry since you already own coke-bottles just not with stag, until now anyway, so you may have one similar in your collection. It came from that huge Kabar collection Mark bought, and I spotted it immediately after he posted the pictures. I'm always on the lookout for coke-bottles and gunstocks, so it was easy for me to spot. Also, yours is a Case and mine is a Kabar, so as far as quality goes I'd say you came out on top. It hasn't been easy finding a BIG coke-bottle with a SPEAR-POINT blade, or, a gunstock with only 1 blade, but I was recently able to find one of each so it's all good. 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

bighomer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:19 pm 📫 🏤 📯 postal person dropped this off a bit ago. Now if I can find Godzilla I'll have a couple of big'uns. ::super_happy:: ::woot:: ::uc::
Bh got a biggun!! 👍😘👍
John 🏁
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::nod:: ::nod::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you dogglegg.
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Decided my merger collection of American made autos needed an Italian switch. From a seller here, AGA Campolin Black Widow. For an 11 inch it’s a handful! I picked this style because I prefer the placement of the release button.
E34C0942-089D-42C6-A74F-FD1E7ADF3BED.jpeg
Attachments
E365D406-BA89-4901-93A2-CE282124B472.jpeg
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Boji wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:05 am Decided my merger collection of American made autos needed an Italian switch. From a seller here, AGA Campolin Black Widow. For an 11 inch it’s a handful! I picked this style because I prefer the placement of the release button.
Wow Boji, you got one of the best models AGA makes, and not inexpensive either! The square upper positioned blade release was used by Latama on some of their early knives and quite possibly was invented by them, and since that others have copied it. I've admired your "Black Widow" ever since they first came out, and I'm wondering what you think of the action and overall feel of the knife, fit n' finish, etc.? Thx! 8)
8)
Boji
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Boji »

Madmarco wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:50 am
Boji wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:05 am Decided my merger collection of American made autos needed an Italian switch. From a seller here, AGA Campolin Black Widow. For an 11 inch it’s a handful! I picked this style because I prefer the placement of the release button.
Wow Boji, you got one of the best models AGA makes, and not inexpensive either! The square upper positioned blade release was used by Latama on some of their early knives and quite possibly was invented by them, and since that others have copied it. I've admired your "Black Widow" ever since they first came out, and I'm wondering what you think of the action and overall feel of the knife, fit n' finish, etc.? Thx! 8)
The fit and finish is on point. Action is positive, somewhat hard hitting but not crazy. Like in handguns the size and weight makes it controllable, it doesn’t jump out of your hand. Another feature I like is the release lever to close rather than using the “ears”.
Protected by a large LOUD dog, and Smith & Wesson...
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I impulse bought this Camillus USA Yello Jacket 711 Stockman for around $20, and was beginning to get a little nervous, as the seller's photos gave me the impression it had belt sander damage. Not a single photo showed the knife open.

However, that was actually a stain on the blade. Rust was its only problem--especially on the inside of the backsprings. Cleaned off well, however.
KIMG1362.JPG
Interestingly enough, it is a second. I'm guessing the seller tried to hide this issue.
KIMG1364.JPG
Functionally, there is no issue. I suspect the culprit is a crack in the Delrin near the rocker pin.
KIMG1365.JPG

Needed some sharpening work, which didn't take long to get a working edge. I'm nearing proper shaving sharp every time I sharpen. I have found that as long as the knife still has its factory bevel, the suggestion Buck gives of coloring in the bevel with a Sharpie marker works great to keep the right angle.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Boji, Your knife has a very attractive, very authoritative, look about it.
toomanyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by toomanyknives »

cody6268 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:24 am I impulse bought this Camillus USA Yello Jacket 711 Stockman for around $20, and was beginning to get a little nervous, as the seller's photos gave me the impression it had belt sander damage. Not a single photo showed the knife open.

However, that was actually a stain on the blade. Rust was its only problem--especially on the inside of the backsprings. Cleaned off well, however.

KIMG1362.JPG

Interestingly enough, it is a second. I'm guessing the seller tried to hide this issue.

KIMG1365.JPG

Functionally, there is no issue. I suspect the culprit is a crack in the Delrin near the rocker pin.

KIMG1364.JPG

Needed some sharpening work, which didn't take long to get a working edge. I'm nearing proper shaving sharp every time I sharpen. I have found that as long as the knife still has its factory bevel, the suggestion Buck gives of coloring in the bevel with a Sharpie marker works great to keep the right angle.
Good job of saving another one from sure death, Cody! Nice knife! ::tu:: ::tu::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Boji wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:29 am
Madmarco wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:50 am
The fit and finish is on point. Action is positive, somewhat hard hitting but not crazy. Like in handguns the size and weight makes it controllable, it doesn’t jump out of your hand. Another feature I like is the release lever to close rather than using the “ears”.
Thanks for the info Boji! ::handshake:: That's pretty much how I figured the knife would operate. BTW, the manner in which the blade closes on your knife is commonly referred to as "fulcrum-release", and when the knife requires shifting the bolster "ears" to close it's referred to as "swivel-bolster release"! Enjoy your new knife! 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”