Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Dan In MI

Re: Mail Call !-Post your new pick-ups here............

Post by Dan In MI »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pmVery, very pleased with this knife.
I would be, too. It's very good-looking!

My new arrival is this little Imperial key jack. It's seen its share of use, and I know little about it, such as its age and if there is any chance at all that the covers are celluloid. But for $0.99 (plus shipping), I was willing to take a chance.
20210417_124726.jpg
20210417_124851.jpg
20210417_124935.jpg
20210417_124951.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pm Fedex dropped this off much earlier than I expected them to. I've had it for about an hour and it's only 9:45am here.

Very, very pleased with this knife. I already had the Boy Scout on the bottom. The Junior Scout is the newcomer. Maybe I'll get the full size Scout one of these days too.

Rosewood and Satin finish.
Good looking knife Rick. ::tu::

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:35 pm
My new arrival is this little Imperial key jack. It's seen its share of use, and I know little about it, such as its age and if there is any chance at all that the covers are celluloid. But for $0.99 (plus shipping), I was willing to take a chance.
Good looking Key Jack Dan. Most of this design of Imperial frame was called a Shell Knife, in which the bolsters and frame was a stamped steel shell. The handles were usually made of a plastic and some were vinyl type materials. I'm not sure if any of the shell knives had celluloid? These were produced from the 1950's into the 60's. But I'm sure someone with more info will come along.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
TPK

Post by TPK »

Cool find Dan! ::tu:: And at an unbeatable price! ::tu:: Congrats Buddy! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 am
Madmarco wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 am
jerryd6818 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:24 am

To me, the hole is very unattractive BUT it makes the blade very easy to open. Much better than any thumb stud I've ever ran across. JMHO
Spyderco knives are so popular I knew there had to be a hook, which would be the ease with which they open via the hole, but those holes are just butt-ugly to look at, IMHO. And I certainly respect and agree with YHO Jerry! 8)
The Buck 722 Spitfire has a hole in the blade that IMHO is just as easy to use as the Spydie hole and not nearly as unattractive.
Agreed Jerry, that one looks considerably better than a Spyderco, and it's a Buck too. Good lookin' folder. 8)
8)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks, Smitty and Tom! I took a closer look, and this one looks to have separate bolsters, with a folded-over tab holding them in place. Phone cameras are pretty bad at capturing such details, but hopefully I did okay. There is also a small crack in the key's tang and plenty of patina. The covers look to be completely free of cracks. For the price I paid, I'm pretty happy!
20210417_162708.jpg
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 pm Fedex dropped this off much earlier than I expected them to. I've had it for about an hour and it's only 9:45am here.

Very, very pleased with this knife. I already had the Boy Scout on the bottom. The Junior Scout is the newcomer. Maybe I'll get the full size Scout one of these days too.

Rosewood and Satin finish.
Very nice Rick. ::tu:: Those Bokers are great knives, and the full set of 3 will look teriffic. Congrats on that one! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

20210417_124726.jpg

20210417_124851.jpg

20210417_124935.jpg

20210417_124951.jpg
Cool little jack Dan. ::tu:: And I see you've figured out the picture posting thing, nice pics! 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks Dan, Smitty, and Mark.

It's been an interesting day. This one showed up by USPS. Moki Kronos SFO from Mark at Sharpnshinyknives.
Attachments
IMG_5875.JPG
IMG_5877.JPG
IMG_5879.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 pm Thanks Dan, Smitty, and Mark.

It's been an interesting day. This one showed up by USPS. Moki Kronos SFO from Mark at Sharpnshinyknives.
Beautiful knife Rick. I have a 433,(longer oal)is yours the same, or is it a 533?(shorter oal)Looks like you chose one of the slightly lighter blue models, like I did, and to be perfectly honest I couldn't actually see any difference in the 2 knives. 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Mark, mine is the 533 at 3 5/8 inches closed.
Rick T.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:57 pm Mark, mine is the 533 at 3 5/8 inches closed.
Ooops, ::doh:: you slipped one in there while I was editing my post. Thanks! 8)
8)
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Thanks, Marc! Rick, that little Moki Kronos looks like a great blend of old and new styling.
USN 2000-2006
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Dan In MI wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:04 pm Thanks, Marc! Rick, that little Moki Kronos looks like a great blend of old and new styling.
Mark from Sharpnshinyknives had those Mokis designed from his own specs and then built in Seki, Japan Dan, and they're fabulous little folders. The run-up where the tang meets the backspring displays as tight a tolerance if not tighter as any knife built today. Comes in 2 sizes, and a couple with slightly lighter blue covers. And in case you're wondering, this is NOT a paid endorsement for Mark's knives! LOL! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Thanks for endorsement Mark. That actually was not one of the lighter ones. I think it’s the picture that makes it look a bit lighter than others. The colors do vary a bit from knife to knife. I only found 4 out 100 that were light enough for me to picture them separately, two of those have sold and the other two are still listed separately here on AAPK.
Rick that Moki looks fantastic. The two Bokers you posted look great also. I remember when you bought that smaller one. I nearly pulled the tigger and bought one of those after I saw yours, but I procrastinated and forgot about it, so glad you reminded me. I love that handle material on the smaller one.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:27 pm Thanks for endorsement Mark. That actually was not one of the lighter ones. I think it’s the picture that makes it look a bit lighter than others. The colors do vary a bit from knife to knife. I only found 4 out 100 that were light enough for me to picture them separately, two of those have sold and the other two are still listed separately here on AAPK.
Rick that Moki looks fantastic. The two Bokers you posted look great also. I remember when you bought that smaller one. I nearly pulled the tigger and bought one of those after I saw yours, but I procrastinated and forgot about it, so glad you reminded me. I love that handle material on the smaller one.
Thanks Mark and thank you for making such a great knife available! ::handshake::
Rick T.

Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

I received this one today from that Jungle store on the interweb. Why????? ::shrug:: I don't know, ::facepalm:: I just like SAK and Alox. It's a 3-3/8 single blade single tool Officer Suisse. I figured it will make a good companion with my other large single blade that hasn't gotten here yet.
Vic SAK 3_38 Of Suis_a.JPG
Vic SAK 3_38 Of Suis_b.JPG

Smitty
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

Like Jerry I had a little stimulus money and thought I better stimulate. Another 6318. Seems to be what likes my pocket best.
Bill
Attachments
20210417_172611.jpg
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm Like Jerry I had a little stimulus money and thought I better stimulate. Another 6318. Seems to be what likes my pocket best.
Bill
::tu:: ::tu:: Good looking Redbone Case. The 18 pattern is a very pocket friendly knife to carry!!

Smitty
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

The 18 pattern is my favorite Case Stockman as well. On the small side, not three springs like the 47, but still big enough to get a nice grip with. I have a beat up example that's my work knife, but I really should start looking for a bone/CV example. I'm thinking the red bone punch-blade that is the Shepherd Hills SFO.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm It's a 3-3/8 single blade single tool Officer Suisse.
That's an excellent SAK...lots of utility in a very slim frame. I have a red one, and I really should get more Alox.
thankgod4rkids wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm Another 6318.
Y'all get to see another of these soon. Looks great, and I'm glad I ordered one!
USN 2000-2006
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 pm This one showed up by USPS. Moki Kronos SFO from Mark at Sharpnshinyknives.
Beautiful knife Rick. One day, I'm going to get me one of those. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

XX Case XX wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:57 am
Railsplitter wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 pm This one showed up by USPS. Moki Kronos SFO from Mark at Sharpnshinyknives.
Beautiful knife Rick. One day, I'm going to get me one of those. ::tu::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:27 pm Thanks for endorsement Mark. That actually was not one of the lighter ones. I think it’s the picture that makes it look a bit lighter than others. The colors do vary a bit from knife to knife. I only found 4 out 100 that were light enough for me to picture them separately, two of those have sold and the other two are still listed separately here on AAPK.
My apologies Mark, I don't want to cause any confusion, but on my screen Rick's copy appeared to be lighter up around the bolsters. I'm sure it's the picture though as you said. Light blue, dark blue, who cares, ::shrug:: they're fabulous little knives! 8)
8)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Papa Bones wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm I received this one today from that Jungle store on the interweb. Why????? ::shrug:: I don't know, ::facepalm:: I just like SAK and Alox. It's a 3-3/8 single blade single tool Officer Suisse. I figured it will make a good companion with my other large single blade that hasn't gotten here yet.

Vic SAK 3_38 Of Suis_a.JPG
Vic SAK 3_38 Of Suis_b.JPG
Smitty, for some reason Alox gets my motor runnin'. Glad to see I'm not all by my lonesome on that addiction.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

thankgod4rkids wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm Like Jerry I had a little stimulus money and thought I better stimulate. Another 6318. Seems to be what likes my pocket best.
Bill
Heck yeah. Stimulate away. Take note folks. That's the way it's done. ::tu::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”