The T V ad

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
LDF Knives

The T V ad

Post by LDF Knives »

There was an ad on T V especially on INSP about Granite Stone - Nutriblade, 6 Kitchen blades for 29.95 claims it's slices through about anything, see the ad for yourself; I for one, is pretty skeptical of this, what say you? ::shrug::
cudgee

Re: The T V ad

Post by cudgee »

LDF Knives wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 am There was an ad on T V especially on INSP about Granite Stone - Nutriblade, 6 Kitchen blades for 29.95 claims it's slices through about anything, see the ad for yourself; I for one, is pretty skeptical of this, what say you? ::shrug::
Me say, if it looks too good to be true ::skeptic:: ::skeptic:: ::skeptic:: well, you know the rest. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

For any advertisement that says, "As seen on TV..." I pick up the pace in my stride and move on. Also, all those ad's in the magazines from Stauer, Franklin Mint, et al-- move on.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

The latest version of the Ginzu! ::barf::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

TV ads, don't we all love them. My favorite of all time was the medicinal product selling on a TV ad that offered the buyer a "lifetime of temporary relief". I am happy to say I do not have cable, so I will never have to see that ad. It's a good thing.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
gordonjohn

Post by gordonjohn »

Just like the popeel pocket fisherman," it slices it dices and boy does it catch fish" . I have a gallon of snake oil to sell any takers?
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

gordonjohn wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 pm Just like the popeel pocket fisherman," it slices it dices and boy does it catch fish" . I have a gallon of snake oil to sell any takers?
Nah, i'll pass. I have a tanker of snake oil. ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::stir:: ::stir:: ::stir:: ::tu::
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

LDF Knives wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 am There was an ad on T V especially on INSP about Granite Stone - Nutriblade, 6 Kitchen blades for 29.95 claims it's slices through about anything, see the ad for yourself; I for one, is pretty skeptical of this, what say you? ::shrug::
These are the new/latest ceramic knives. I remember when they burst onto the scene. One major flaw, near impossible to sharpen, the average person/consumer would have no hope of keeping them sharp. These will be the same. Good post though, you are helping keeping us all entertained. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I still use my George Forman grill. :shock:
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Quick Steel wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:55 pm I still use my George Forman grill. :shock:
Yeah, but they worked. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

"How much would you be willing to pay fo this Ginsu switchblade?" Before you answer, there's more! ... Riiiiiiight. :wink: ::facepalm::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Any seller who says or even implies that a knife will never need sharpening is lying to you. No matter how sharp they are in the beginning, if you use them, they will eventually begin to dull and will need to be resharpened. There's no such thing as a knife that will last a lifetime without needing to be resharpened.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

philco wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:28 am Any seller who says or even implies that a knife will never need sharpening is lying to you. No matter how sharp they are in the beginning, if you use them, they will eventually begin to dull and will need to be resharpened. There's no such thing as a knife that will last a lifetime without needing to be resharpened.
::tu::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”