Case Help

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Czarcastic

Case Help

Post by Czarcastic »

Hey all, I'm hoping with the knowledge here that I can finally learn about this Case.
I've looked and asked anyone I thought would know.
All I got was not sure, nice knife, want to get rid of it
I've tried to match the tang stamp, but it's an old knife that was used. My grandfather carried this for long time.

I've attached some photos, and thank you in advance for any help.
Attachments
20211129_192638.jpg
20211129_192548.jpg
20211129_192347.jpg
20211129_192308.jpg
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Help

Post by btrwtr »

Looks like it could be a 6208 pattern Case XX that has been rehandled with red material of some kind. Someone did a nice job on it. Great keepsake.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Czarcastic

Post by Czarcastic »

The handle has been what's confusing me.
I haven't been able to find anything similar.
That and being worn on the stamps plus bad eyesight doesn't make it easier. lol
Thank you, I was hoping some light would be shed on the handle because I've not seen another one.

I appreciate your time
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

From what's left of the stamp it looks like it could be a Case xx '40-'64. I agree covers have be replaced.
Eye Brand Collector
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Eye Brand Man wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:58 pm From what's left of the stamp it looks like it could be a Case xx '40-'64. I agree covers have be replaced.

I'm getting Case XX era too. Did they do SFO's back then?
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Czarcastic

Post by Czarcastic »

I appreciate the responses. I have taken different photos of what's left of the stamp and applied different filters trying to see if it brought anything out.
I have some luck with that on some older tools I try to identify. I wish I knew more about the history of it. I only remember seeing my grandfather with it, and to him it was one of his that he used.
It's to sentimental for me to let go.
I've looked for information and asked and get different responses.

The only other Case I have had that was as old as this was a transition period medium congress that was an edc for an uncle. The blades were worn more than this one but the tang stamp was in better condition.

Thank you for the information you've provided

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”