Keen Kutter: Real or fake??

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
STLChris

Keen Kutter: Real or fake??

Post by STLChris »

Hello all! I recently picked up this Keen Kutter Large Coke Bottle. Initially, I was beyond thrilled to add it to my collection as it is from one of my favorite companies and one of my favorite patterns....not to mention it is a stellar specimen! Or is it? I'm holding out hope that it is real, but feel that it could potentially be a fake. My primary concerns are that 1) I can't find another one of these on the internet anywhere 2) I've never seen Keen Kutter with the particular bone and jigging before. Please help me out with some thoughtful responses!!
IMG_6971.jpg
IMG_6972.jpg
IMG_6973.jpg
IMG_6974.jpg
IMG_6975.jpg
IMG_6976.jpg
IMG_6977.jpg
Chris | River City Knife Traders
richard

Re: Keen Kutter: Real or fake??

Post by richard »

I am no expert, but it looks to me, like a keen kutter blade, in a case frame. and the shield. should be the bow tie type.?
richard

Post by richard »

case coke bottle frame.
Attachments
729038_f8af4e05-8c75-43b8-925a-3119ddb1db53.jpeg
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Beautiful knife but looks like a put together boosted knife. Blade does not look like a KK blade with that match strike pull. Shield not right. Handles are not KK type. The frame is not a KK coke bottle pattern. The number on the pile side tang doesn’t look right or correct for this type KK. So sorry Chris it is a fake in my opinion :(
Lloyd
STLChris

Post by STLChris »

Appreciate the opinions. It's not a Case frame. I have a few of those and they are 5 3/4 in. This one is 5 1/4. I think it may be a Queen #38 or #83.
Chris | River City Knife Traders
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Could it be a reproduction? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Duffer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 am Beautiful knife but looks like a put together boosted knife. Blade does not look like a KK blade with that match strike pull. Shield not right. Handles are not KK type. The frame is not a KK coke bottle pattern. The number on the pile side tang doesn’t look right or correct for this type KK. So sorry Chris it is a fake in my opinion :(
Agreed.
Roger

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”