ETSY fail...

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
LibertyKeeper

ETSY fail...

Post by LibertyKeeper »

::dang::
I just purchased a small wooden fixed blade knife holder from an etsy seller the other day.

Then I received an email that it shipped... and it said it 'might' be here by Dec 28!!!!

What the heck???? Seems I bought it from a seller in Latvia !!!!!

Guess I should be more attentive to seller location.

Oh well... Maybe the guy is a great craftsman and packaging expert too (will it arrive in one piece?)

Funny me
::facepalm::

Now I need to look where Latvia is on a map :)

16957304.jpg
LibertyKeeper

Re: ETSY fail...

Post by LibertyKeeper »

Capture+_2021-11-24-14-37-40.png
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Every etsy purchase I've made from an overseas seller has shipped to me very quickly Jim, and has been well packaged for protection. I would think that the rack you bought will need to be assembled so the package they send you won't be too big. Good looking display rack! 8)
8)
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Keep us posted if you would.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
bigshot

Post by bigshot »

There are a lot of great old growth forests in that part of the world. It might be made of some really nice wood.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

The only fail would be if you don't receive it!
SteveC
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by SteveC »

I just did the same thing with a handmade coffee cup for my niece for Xmas. It's coming from the Ukraine ::dang:: but hopefully it will get here in time. Seller thinks about three weeks.
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Too easy to do. After they remodelled the website, it takes a bit more effort to notice what country the item comes from when looking at listings; and it's more difficult to locate the "Ships from US only" option.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I did the same thing with some wooden handles I ordered for some custom knife modifications. Fortunately I was able to cancel the order before it shipped and got a full refund. For some reason it said that he wouldn’t ship it for nearly a month and it would take a month to get to me. It pays to read all about that before you order on Etsy.

By the way, I’ve been to Latvia and it’s beautiful. Yes they have a lot of nice wood there. Timber is a big export for that country. Go into the port for commercial ship traffic take a look at all the timber lined up for export, it’s amazing the volume they do there.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:36 am I did the same thing with some wooden handles I ordered for some custom knife modifications. Fortunately I was able to cancel the order before it shipped and got a full refund. For some reason it said that he wouldn’t ship it for nearly a month and it would take a month to get to me. It pays to read all about that before you order on Etsy.

By the way, I’ve been to Latvia and it’s beautiful. Yes they have a lot of nice wood there. Timber is a big export for that country. Go into the port for commercial ship traffic take a look at all the timber lined up for export, it’s amazing the volume they do there.
Wow! I wasn't expecting anybody to say that they've been there! Right on, Mark!
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
LibertyKeeper

Post by LibertyKeeper »

It will be fun to see it once it arrives. I have no problem with Latvia (but would have cancelled if China, if I could, or burned it in firepit upon arrival)

I just prefer to send my business to US craftsmen whenever possible. I was just inattentive

I sure like doing business with websites that clearly mark country of manufacture or even better, that have a search filter on that field
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

SteveC wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm I just did the same thing with a handmade coffee cup for my niece for Xmas. It's coming from the Ukraine ::dang:: but hopefully it will get here in time. Seller thinks about three weeks.
That's pretty outrageous to order a coffee mug and have it come from the Ukraine. Wonder what the odds are of it getting here without getting broken? Let us know when it arrives, and its condition.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:36 am
Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:36 am I did the same thing with some wooden handles I ordered for some custom knife modifications. Fortunately I was able to cancel the order before it shipped and got a full refund. For some reason it said that he wouldn’t ship it for nearly a month and it would take a month to get to me. It pays to read all about that before you order on Etsy.

Wow! I wasn't expecting anybody to say that they've been there! Right on, Mark!
This really surprised me too Rick! ::uc:: I knew Mark is a man of the world, but I'd never heard of anyone who was actually in Latvia. A couple of recent knife purchases of mine came from Armenia, the Ukraine, and Russia, and through those transactions I've communicated with the sellers regarding life where they live and life in Canada, and in all instances they declared they'd love to leave their homes and migrate to Canada due to a much better standard of living. Education was high on all their lists and that was after they had researched the best countries to migrate to for education with Canada being the most researched country. I would love to see that port with all the wood to export, and I'll bet Mark has many more interesting travel stories! 8)
8)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have bought knives from makers in Finland and Bulgaria. My experience is 100% positive. Excellent knives, very well packed, promptly shipped and great follow up communication.
My bet is that you will be 100% pleased too.
kj

Return to “General Knife Discussion”