Harold W. Burrell

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
johnburrell

Harold W. Burrell

Post by johnburrell »

Harold W. Burrell was my Grandfather. He started his cutlery career at Case Brothers Cutlery in Little Valley, NY. In 1911, he married Addie Case, daughter of Case Brother Jean (President of Case Brothers). He was at both Little Valley and Springville. Then he was in Bradford at W.R. Case and Sons Cutlery. In 1926 he went to Kinfolks with his brother-in-law and father-in-law. In 1940, he co-founded with his wife Addie Case Burrell, Burrell Cutlery. He died in 1950 at age 60. At the time of his death, he was probably one of this countries foremost experts on manufacturing barbers straight razors. Yesterday, I found his leather embossed three ring zippered binder. In a pocket inside were 11 of his business cards. Notice how much my new cards resemble his. I don’t believe I ever saw that card of his.
Attachments
0A57AFF7-23F0-4183-84F9-5EB682E2041C.jpeg
F1B5B745-08DB-498F-8922-6185140A2CC3.jpeg
92B2E4F7-69BD-4654-9355-97124A4756C4.jpeg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Harold W. Burrell

Post by edge213 »

johnburrell wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:13 am Harold W. Burrell was my Grandfather. He started his cutlery career at Case Brothers Cutlery in Little Valley, NY. In 1911, he married Addie Case, daughter of Case Brother Jean (President of Case Brothers). He was at both Little Valley and Springville. Then he was in Bradford at W.R. Case and Sons Cutlery. In 1926 he went to Kinfolks with his brother-in-law and father-in-law. In 1940, he co-founded with his wife Addie Case Burrell, Burrell Cutlery. He died in 1950 at age 60. At the time of his death, he was probably one of this countries foremost experts on manufacturing barbers straight razors. Yesterday, I found his leather embossed three ring zippered binder. In a pocket inside were 11 of his business cards. Notice how much my new cards resemble his. I don’t believe I ever saw that card of his.
Really cool John ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That is really cool, thanks for sharing his history and those pictures with us, John. 8) ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Thank you for sharing John, I always love to hear or read about families especially like yours. Keep them coming Sir. ::tu::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Ditto, I'm with the others. It's so interesting to hear about your family history! Thanks so much for sharing John. :D
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
jwwood

Post by jwwood »

Very, very interesting John. Do you have photos of your grandparents you could share? I love the Case family history and look forward to every time you post. Thanks a lot jwwood

Return to “General Knife Discussion”