My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:05 am All nice Mark. I had a hard time deciding on giving up the KAI made by Moki, it has the fit and finish you would expect from Moki, such a solid and well built knife. The Puma is sleek and gorgeous. GEC does an amazing job with wooden handles. Hard to tell that from a bone handled knife.
Glad you like them all, worth the wait.
Thanks Mark. I know it was difficult for you to part with your Moki, but rest assured I will take care of it while it's in my possession, and will return it to you unscathed when the time comes. And it certainly was worth the wait! 8)
8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:30 pm
Ivoryman wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:09 am
Madmarco wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 am

Really like that swing guard and the Tidioute. The Hiro is cool too, is that like regular Moki? Meaning FF and build fabulous? Good group.
Thanks Iman! And to answer your questions, yes, the Hiro is built to Moki standards with perfect F+F and built like a tank. 8)
Looks it. Thanks for verifying it for me. Appreciate it.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:46 pm Yo Mark!
Some good lookin' iron yer bringin' home, I especially like that Moki.
::tu::
Yo Willy! ::tu:: I almost missed your post ::facepalm:: but saw it on the re-read. ::groove:: Thanks for your comments, ::handshake:: and yes, that Moki is a very special knife. 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:09 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:46 pm Yo Mark!
Some good lookin' iron yer bringin' home, I especially like that Moki.
Yo Willy! ::tu:: I almost missed your post ::facepalm:: but saw it on the re-read. ::groove:: Thanks for your comments, ::handshake:: and yes, that Moki is a very special knife. 8)
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I received this knife this morning and wanted to show it to you guys! It's a Cold Steel "Paradox" slip-joint that is 12" oal/SS spear-point blade with a swedge along the top edge, SS handles with through holes, pocket-clip, and unique open/close feature. It weighs-in at about 8 oz.'s, and came very sharp. It bears C/S markings and was built in Taiwan. The f n' f on this knife is 2nd to none, and it displays smooth walk with loud talk. To open/close the knife you must grip the handles on both sides and pull them away from the blade thus exposing it(See pics!)much the same as operating a true balisong folder except done manually and not by centrifugal force. Nice addition to my unusual's from around the world! 8)
WIN_20210708_09_59_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210708_10_00_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210708_09_57_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210708_09_56_28_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That’s a handsome looking knife. Is that still considered a butterfly knife?
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:15 pm That’s a handsome looking knife. Is that still considered a butterfly knife?
Thanks Mark. No, it isn't considered a butterfly knife because it has half-stops and springs and MUST be opened/closed using 2 hands, instead of using just centrifugal force like you would with a true butterfly model. As far as appearance, this knife looks identical to a real balisong minus the locking latch, but that's where it ends. Hope that explains it for you! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That's pretty cool, Mark. Didn't realize anyone made a Balisong that functions like that. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:57 pm That's pretty cool, Mark. Didn't realize anyone made a Balisong that functions like that. ::tu::
Thanks John, I thought it was kindda cool too. This knife is not actually a balisong, it's only shaped like one, and when it's open it's a solid as a fixed blade. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I'm afraid I'm unsure if CRKT knives are built in the US, but this one today is part of my manuals so I thought I'd post it here, hope no one objects. It has another unusual opening system that intrigued me so I bought one and I'm glad I did. This is the CRKT Kommer Compact 2 Fulcrum-release linerlock, and it's 6 1/2" oal/black-coated SS drop-point blade, SS cross-cut textured bolsters, blue and white translucent covers, screw construction, and a pocket-clip. Has a comfortable weight of about 2.5 oz.'s, and arrived shaving-sharp. Bears CRKT markings and patent number. I've included pics to help explain how it works, but I'll also describe it. To open you must push forward on the front cover in order for the blade to be released from the channel, then pull back on that same cover to swing the blade up and open into the locking position. To release you simply press on the single-liner to free up the blade and then fold closed. This is the 2nd CRKT unusual opening system knife I own, and am always on the lookout for what they come up with next! 8)
WIN_20210709_13_36_48_Pro.jpg
The knife closed.
WIN_20210709_13_37_35_Pro.jpg
Open about 25% after pressing on the cover.
WIN_20210709_13_38_45_Pro.jpg
The fully open position after pulling back on the cover.
WIN_20210709_13_40_05_Pro.jpg
Depressing the single-liner to free the blade.
WIN_20210709_13_40_27_Pro.jpg
Back to the closed state. Unusual, huh!
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I've slowed down on my purchasing lately, as I'm concentrating more on quality models and less on "cool" models, but I did receive 2 really nice pieces from a CDN online store today, and I didn't have to suffer the anxiety of my package passing Customs successfully! They're both from Lionsteel and are made in Maniago, Italy. First, the L/S 7" oal "Thrill" model/M390 drop-point blade with ambie n/n's, black textured aluminum covers, adjustable pivot, and a very unique pocket-clip release system. One needs to depress the shield at the butt-end on the mark side, and the spring loaded clip will rise up for clipping, or simply drop-down flush into the cover on the pile side upon release of the shield.(See 3rd pic!) Weighs just 2.4 oz.'s, and came to me shaving-sharp. F+F is perfect, with a smooth walk of about 5, and a gator-snapping 9 talk. This and it's simple design are what attracted me to this knife, and it didn't disappoint! Second up is the L/S 6 3/4" oal "Bestman" model/M390 drop-point blade with ambie n/n, Titanium bolsters and liners, adjustable pivot, and carbon fiber covers. Has a similar weight of 2.5 oz.'s, and arrived equally sharp. Also displaying excellent F+F and similar W+T. This model was the very first L/S knife I had come across, and it lives right up to my expectations! These knives ran me CDN$200./delivered a piece, which I don't consider inexpensive, but they go right along with my new policy of "quality over quantity"! 8)
WIN_20210811_12_34_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210811_12_31_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210811_12_33_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210811_12_35_26_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210811_12_35_09_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Very nice Mark. I have one of those on the bottom and it IS a nice knife. Lion Steel does great work. Great additions to your collection.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark, I'm really liking them so far! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I came into a bit of money recently, so I've been on a mini Canadian shopping spree, because all I have to do is order and wait the 2-day delivery without any Customs concerns. This is the last of the most recent, and it's a Cold Steel "Holdout" and is a 13 1/2" oal mid-lockback/4-mm S35VN blade with dual-studs, black textured G-10 covers with through holes, screw construction, adjustable pivot, and pocket-clip. Has a comfortable weight of 7.4 oz.'s, and arrived very sharp. Displays C/S markings, and was built in Taiwan. This knife pretty much quenches my current thirst for large knives, and I'll be focusing more now on acquiring autos! 8)
WIN_20210816_12_07_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210816_12_07_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210816_12_08_25_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That is a mammoth knife. Being a Cold Steel you know it’s good. Have fun with that one.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

A new addition to my "Unusual" herd arrived today, and I'm very pleased with it! It's a Fury 7" oal mid-lockback slip-joint/440 stainless spear-point blade with n/n, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, and(you'll like this one Mark)gorgeous deep grained Walnut covers. Made in Japan. I got this knife from Ebay after watching 2 others in not nearly as nice condition sell for almost double of what I paid, and it lives up to all expectations! There was a very satisfying twist in the transaction, being which that Customs inspected the package and since it's a true 2-handed slip-joint they had no choice but to release it! Chalk one up for the good guys! 8)
WIN_20210901_11_09_37_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210901_11_09_04_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That is nice looking walnut. Master Fukuta did a lot of work designing and manufacturing Fury knives. Wouldn’t be surprised to find out that he had his hands on that one once.

I edited this post, I attributed Fury knives to the wrong Master in Japan, it was Master Fukuta that was involved with Fury and not Mr. Imai. Sorry for putting out wrong information.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark. I wasn't aware of the possible Tak Fukuta connection, makes it that much more special. My pics DO NOT show the rich color of those covers, in person they're stunning. I watched 2 of these in not nearly as nice condition sell on Ebay for almost twice the price I paid, so I'm totally pleased! 8) EDIT-No problem Mark, after receiving your updated information I edited this post to show the correct info, thanks bud!
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I found this somewhat unusual knife on Etsy, and it came handmade from Thailand! It's marked Finlang and nothing else, and is a 6 3/4" oal slip-joint lockback/SS dagger blade with 1/3 top swedge, SS bolsters with citrine inlays on both sides, SS liners, dark horn covers with brass inlays, brass pins, and a lanyard hole. Weighs almost exactly 3 oz.'s, and came very sharp. Excellent W+T, and F+F is nearly perfect. It was the dagger blade that got me, since I've seldom seen a dagger blade on this style folder. A great addition to my collection! 8)
WIN_20210906_14_19_04_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210906_14_18_42_Pro.jpg
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, I thought I'd quenched my thirst for BIG knives, but apparently NOT! I have been watching all 4 of these knives for quite sometime, but was afraid to order ANY of them due to their "assisted" features, because they would have been seized by Customs. But I found a Canadian site that had them in stock, and that meant no borders to clear, so...! First up is a CRKT "Flat Out" that is 8" oal/SS drop/needle-point blade with dual-studs, all SS body fastened with screws, adjustable pivot, frame-lock closing, and a pocket-clip. It has a weight of about 5 oz.'s, and came shaving sharp. This knife features the CRKT patented "Outburst" assisted opening system, which I found to be the undoubtedly fastest opening system I've come across short of a switchblade. With just a slight nudge on the stud the system takes over and springs the blade open incredibly fast. If I had a complaint about this knife it would be the frame-lock closing as I much prefer a linerlock. I find the frame-lock takes a lot away from the look of the knife, but I can live with it. I just love the smooth clean profile on this knife. Second is a Cold Steel 13 1/2" oal "Luzon" linerlock/8Cr13MoV clip-point blade with pull/fuller dual-flippers and dual-studs, accented ZY-EX covers, adjustable pivot, linerlock safety slide, and more-or-less integrated pocket-clip. The weight is 9.3 oz.'s, and came razor-sharp, just like all C/S knives. The slide safety I mentioned is a notched slide on the back cover that when engaged prevents the liner-lock from operating, and the integrated clip is also made of ZY-EX and blends right in to the back cover, so much so that I didn't actually see it at first. This is one of very few knives that I will leave the clip on because it blends in so well. Third up is a C/S 13 1/8" oal "Counter Point XL" mid-lock that C/S has named the "Tri-Ad" lock, AUS 10A bayonet blade with dual-studs, ZY-EX covers with through holes, adjustable pivot, and pocket-clip but this one I took off. About the same weight of 8 oz.'s, and a blade so sharp I cut myself quite badly the 1st time I closed it. The mid-lock was quite tight so I had to use two hands to push it down, and when the heavy blade disengaged it drop onto my knuckle and sliced right into it. Took me 20 minutes to control the bleeding! Won't be doin' that again any time soon, duh! And last but not least is a C/S 13" oal "Ti-Lite" linerlock/AUS 8A bayonet blade with single stud and dual flippers, the same ZY-EX covers with holes, SS liners, adjustable pivot, and pocket-clip which once again was removed. This one is a bit lighter at about 7.5 oz.'s, and equally sharp but this time I didn't cut myself. All 4 knives walk and talk perfectly, and the fit n' finish is 2nd to none. If I were to actually carry and use any of these C/S monsters I would have left the clips on and clipped them to my belt, because to put one of these folders in a pocket would be totally intrusive. This pretty much completes my set of C/S monster folders, save for the large and extra large "Espada's", but since I don't much care for those I think I'm safe! Thanks for watching guys! 8)
WIN_20210916_14_27_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_12_11_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_14_18_21_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_12_12_24_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_12_13_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_12_13_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_12_15_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210916_12_14_49_Pro.jpg
8)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great group. Congrats
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Floyd! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Samb

Post by Samb »

Keep away from deep water with any of those biguns in your pocket.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Samb wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:42 pm Keep away from deep water with any of those biguns with those in your pocket.
LOL! That's for sure , huh Sam! 8)
8)

Return to “Other foreign made knives”