Giving the Devil his due.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Giving the Devil his due.

Post by Steamboat Willie »

A couple years back I bought a Ruger Hollow Point made by CRKT at my local Walmart because I wanted a one hand opening knife for use on the boat. One that I wouldn’t be upset if I accidentally lost it over the side. I was pleasantly surprised!

It doesn’t “feel” like a cheap knife. It has good heft, feels perfectly natural in the hand, and with its ball bearing pivot the action is buttery smooth! The blade sits a little off center when closed, but I can live with that. The lockup when open feels as rigid and strong as a fixed blade. I liked it so well that I bought two more to keep as spares.

The lanyard hole and reversible pocket clip make it quite handy to carry.

Anybody else here given these a try?
Attachments
AC8DAD98-0064-46B1-B23A-58B4B1839718.jpeg
5361FC14-2F43-468B-B5C5-AEDB1CD991FA.jpeg
3B0930F6-9C1F-4832-A834-830DE4084595.jpeg
rea1eye

Re: Giving the Devil his due.

Post by rea1eye »

I don’t have that knife but smooth move on getting 2 more.
It is like getting a duplicate pair of shoes that have been
very comfortable for you and look good after you bought your
first pair.

Bob
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:40 am A couple years back I bought a Ruger Hollow Point made by CRKT at my local Walmart because I wanted a one hand opening knife for use on the boat. One that I wouldn’t be upset if I accidentally lost it over the side. I was pleasantly surprised!

It doesn’t “feel” like a cheap knife. It has good heft, feels perfectly natural in the hand, and with its ball bearing pivot the action is buttery smooth! The blade sits a little off center when closed, but I can live with that. The lockup when open feels as rigid and strong as a fixed blade. I liked it so well that I bought two more to keep as spares.

The lanyard hole and reversible pocket clip make it quite handy to carry.

Anybody else here given these a try?
I haven't tried one yet Willie, partly due to not being aware they existed. Great looking knife that looks like it would make a good user. I very much like CRKT knives, and this one is no exception! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That's a sweet one, Willie. ::tu:: ::tu::
I have a few CRKT and Case Ruger collaborations, mainly because of the Ruger connection.

Check out this steak knife. White Micarta handles.
Attachments
IMG_20210610_164135872.jpg
IMG_20210610_164102524.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Nice one John!! 👍👏👍
John 🤠
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

1967redrider wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 pm That's a sweet one, Willie. ::tu:: ::tu::
I have a few CRKT and Case Ruger collaborations, mainly because of the Ruger connection.

Love your new Persian John! I've been admiring that one for awhile now, and will likely pull the trigger soon, specially after seeing your 1st-hand pics. Congrats! 8)
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:39 pm
1967redrider wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 pm That's a sweet one, Willie. ::tu:: ::tu::

Love your new Persian John! I've been admiring that one for awhile now, and will likely pull the trigger soon, specially after seeing your 1st-hand pics. Congrats! 8)

Thanks, Mark, it's a pretty formidable knife. The assisted opening is very smooth. I had one on a wait list at KnifeCenter for about a month before it shipped.

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Madmarco wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 pm I haven't tried one yet Willie, partly due to not being aware they existed. Great looking knife that looks like it would make a good user. I very much like CRKT knives, and this one is no exception! 8)
I’ve always been Buck and Case faithful, this was my first CRKT. They have some intriguing patterns I think I’ll take a deeper look at.

I don’t think the Hollow Point is still in production, but I’ve seen stragglers in stores and Amazon on occasion.
Steamboat Willie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

:shock: That’s a mean looking steak knife! What’s it called?
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Steamboat Willie wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:35 am

:shock: That’s a mean looking steak knife! What’s it called?

That's a Ritual, Folts Design.

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

redrider, I love the curves on your knife. Have always like the pattern and the white micarta enhance it a lot. ::tu::
Modern Slip Joints

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

I bought one of the CRKT/Ruger Hollow Points because compared to all the other knives in that line I preferred its more old fashioned blade shape. Unfortunately by the time I decided to buy a second one Wal-Mart was sold out. Wal-Mart sold them packaged two ways, encased in a clear plastic plaque and in a box. I held out to get my second one in a box but by the time I drove the necessary extra distance they were gone.

While Wal-Mart's $25 price was well below MSRP most of my CRKT knives came from close out sales at Fred Meyer for a lot less.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Quick Steel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:44 pm redrider, I love the curves on your knife. Have always like the pattern and the white micarta enhance it a lot. ::tu::

Thanks, QS! Since they were just released (I think), they should be easy to find.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”