'70, and '71 Camillus Military knives

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
michaelspayth

'70, and '71 Camillus Military knives

Post by michaelspayth »

Looking for a few years to fill the gaps in my collection. Needing a 1970 and a 1971. Thanks!
Gunsil

Re: '70, and '71 Camillus Military knives

Post by Gunsil »

I think you need to be a little more specific. Camillus made a couple military knives during that time frame, the stainless pocket knives and the jet pilots knives, which are you looking for?
Ken Carlson

Post by Ken Carlson »

I also am collecting the Camillus knives----actually just the military pocket knives . I may have an extra although I am just collecting the 67 through 71 knives. I will see what extra might have if that is what you or looking. for. Mine were issued to me in Viet Nam (USAF) . I have several other years also.
Ken
michaelspayth

Post by michaelspayth »

Gunsil wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm I think you need to be a little more specific. Camillus made a couple military knives during that time frame, the stainless pocket knives and the jet pilots knives, which are you looking for?
Looking for the stainless pocket knives. Thanks for mentioning that clarification. Hadn't even thought about the pilots knives.
michaelspayth

Post by michaelspayth »

Ken Carlson wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:21 pm I also am collecting the Camillus knives----actually just the military pocket knives . I may have an extra although I am just collecting the 67 through 71 knives. I will see what extra might have if that is what you or looking. for. Mine were issued to me in Viet Nam (USAF) . I have several other years also.
Ken
It's actually my dad's collection that I'm trying to help him with. He started out hoping to put together a little Vietnam display case, including the Camillus knives from those years and some assorted relevant memorabilia but now I think he's just enjoying finding all of the earliest ones that they made. I'm sure he would be interested in trading your extra ones for extra ones of his that you may need. Thanks!
Ken Carlson

Post by Ken Carlson »

Thanks for the reply. The ones I have that I needed but found are the 67 and 68. The two more that I am looking for are 69 and 70. That would cover the years I was overseas (mostly Viet Nam) I have several more that I could trade if your dad doesn't have and needs.
I also have the one I carried in my survival vest on Blind Bat missions over the Ho Chi Minh trail in 68. It may be a Camillus, but it is not marked and also has no date. I will look at the numbers of my other ones again and see exactly what they are.
Oh, I was in the Air Force as a C-130 crew chief except for the 40 combat/flare/night missions i flew out of Ubon Thailand.
Then I was a Loadmaster/Flare kicker.

Ken

C
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Thank you for your service, sir!

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

michaelspayth wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:11 am
Ken Carlson wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:21 pm I also am collecting the Camillus knives----actually just the military pocket knives . I may have an extra although I am just collecting the 67 through 71 knives. I will see what extra might have if that is what you or looking. for. Mine were issued to me in Viet Nam (USAF) . I have several other years also.
Ken
It's actually my dad's collection that I'm trying to help him with. He started out hoping to put together a little Vietnam display case, including the Camillus knives from those years and some assorted relevant memorabilia but now I think he's just enjoying finding all of the earliest ones that they made. I'm sure he would be interested in trading your extra ones for extra ones of his that you may need. Thanks!
If he is looking for the earliest ones, they would be the Ulster (1948) and Camillus (1949), both pretty rare knives, much rarer than the first ones which were the WW2 USMC models by Stevenson and Kingston. I do have the Kingstons and the '48 Ulster and '49 Camillus.
Ken Carlson

Post by Ken Carlson »

I will keep an eye out for the early ones. I got the one from Eli this morning. Now I suppose I need to start looking for the others.
Any ideas where I should be looking?

Ken
michaelspayth

Post by michaelspayth »

He has an extra '66 that he would trade for a '70 or a '71 if anyone would be interested.
michaelspayth

Post by michaelspayth »

Needing a '67 Camillus also. He has a '67 Imperial but would like to have the Camillus one to put with his collection instead. Thanks!

Return to “Want Ads”