Robeson ShurEdge by Queen???

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Robeson ShurEdge by Queen???

Post by Papa Bones »

I picked this up at one of my local Antique / Consignment shops today. Got it for $20 and couldn't pass it up for the handles. It is a Robeson ShurEdge three blade Stockman. It is 3-5/8 inch closed. It has bone handles and no shield. Blades are scratched, Are Sharp, seem to have the factory shine, are tight, no wobble with great snap, but are scratched up. I believe it will clean up nicely. I don't know much about the later Robeson ShurEdge knives, but I do know some were made by other manufacturers. Some by Queen. The Queen produced ones usually had a shield, and a model number stamped on one of the other blades. But the only tang stamps on this one is on the main clip blade, with no other model numbers or other stampings on any other blades. If anyone has any info on who you think made this knife, I would appreciate it. But, I am satisfied with it and it will be a nice EDC regardless.
RSQ Stockman bone_a.JPG
RSQ Stockman bone_b.JPG
RSQ Stockman bone_c.JPG
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Robeson ShurEdge by Queen???

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Not a Queen made knife, but made by Robeson in Perry, New York factory, circa 1916 to 1939 according to Knives Can Talk! by Tom Kalcevic.

Very Nice.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:10 pm I picked this up at one of my local Antique / Consignment shops today. Got it for $20 and couldn't pass it up for the handles.
I can see why you couldn't pass it up, Smitty...those bones are absolutely gorgeous. And for only $20 :shock: Apparently, I need to move to AL because I never find deals like that in here in HI. :(

Congrats on a great score. ::tu::
~Q~
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Even better than you thought Papa Bones. $20 is like they gave it to you. Congrats ::handshake::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:10 pm I picked this up at one of my local Antique / Consignment shops today. Got it for $20 and couldn't pass it up for the handles. It is a Robeson ShurEdge three blade Stockman. It is 3-5/8 inch closed. It has bone handles and no shield. Blades are scratched, Are Sharp, seem to have the factory shine, are tight, no wobble with great snap, but are scratched up. I believe it will clean up nicely. I don't know much about the later Robeson ShurEdge knives, but I do know some were made by other manufacturers. Some by Queen. The Queen produced ones usually had a shield, and a model number stamped on one of the other blades. But the only tang stamps on this one is on the main clip blade, with no other model numbers or other stampings on any other blades. If anyone has any info on who you think made this knife, I would appreciate it. But, I am satisfied with it and it will be a nice EDC regardless.

RSQ Stockman bone_a.JPG
RSQ Stockman bone_b.JPG
RSQ Stockman bone_c.JPG

Beeeauuuuuutiful bone. Wow, and for $20 you SCORED. Great looking knife, the bone is really sweet, and condition too. Congrats.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Holy Cow!... 20 bucks, you basically stole that one :shock:
Absolutely beautiful knife, congrats ::nod::
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

RobesonsRme.com wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:47 pm Not a Queen made knife, but made by Robeson in Perry, New York factory, circa 1916 to 1939 according to Knives Can Talk! by Tom Kalcevic.

Very Nice.

Charlie Noyes
Appreciate it Charlie. I had looked it up, but it almost looked too good to be legit. ::tu::

QTCut5 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:48 pm I can see why you couldn't pass it up, Smitty...those bones are absolutely gorgeous. And for only $20 :shock: Apparently, I need to move to AL because I never find deals like that in here in HI. :(

Congrats on a great score. ::tu::
Thanks "Q" Yeah....the bone got me quick. ::super_happy::

doglegg wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:55 am Even better than you thought Papa Bones. $20 is like they gave it to you. Congrats ::handshake::
Thanks Floyd.

Ivoryman wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:05 am
Beeeauuuuuutiful bone. Wow, and for $20 you SCORED. Great looking knife, the bone is really sweet, and condition too. Congrats.
Appreciate it I-Man.

Gone2Three wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:31 am Holy Cow!... 20 bucks, you basically stole that one :shock:
Absolutely beautiful knife, congrats ::nod::
Thanks G2Three. Yeah it is far and between I run into a deal that good.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Smitty , you scored on this one!
Bet you got it cleaned up nicely,enjoy it ::tu:: ::tu::
JP
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Pretty amazing shape for being over 80 years old! ::nod:: And maybe even 100 years old ::hmm:: What a steal.... At $20 I would be afraid the local police were looking for me ::paranoid::
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”