How much will a hairline crack affect the price on a otherwise mint factory edge tested case with bomb shield?

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How much will a hairline crack affect the price on a otherwise mint factory edge tested case with bomb shield?

Post by QTCut5 »

As I'm sure you probably already know, determining the value of a knife depends on many factors...even factors totally unrelated to the knife itself (such as the time of year it's offered for sale, for example). Based on my admittedly relatively limited experience selling knives, especially vintage knives like yours, all I can offer in response to you question is the obvious answer that any "flaw" or "defect" that makes the knife anything less than "mint" will (usually) reduce the collector value to some degree. Exactly how much, though, is anyone's guess and probably impossible to determine with any real degree of accuracy. Although, if you look at it in terms of the percentage of decrease in value, it's probably not all that much (certainly not 50%, but maybe as much as 10% - 20% would be my best guestimate.)
~Q~
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How much will a hairline crack affect the price on a otherwise mint factory edge tested case with bomb shield?

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

According to Levine's Guide, 50%.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Pawn1

Post by Pawn1 »

The reason I’m asking is when I find started collecting a guy sold it to me for 50 bucks just because of the hairline crack an I was offered 400 an that’s what got me started. I now have over 200 so to me this crack s priceless. To me I was thinking how many tested case knives will you get a chance to hold with a factory edge.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”