Looking for a Hammer Brand sheath

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Looking for a Hammer Brand sheath

Post by Gone2Three »

Hoping someone here on the fourm might know where I can purchase a nice used sheath like this one in the picture.
If so please reply to this post or Pm me... thank y'all! ::handshake::
Attachments
20210406_210311.jpg
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Looking for a Hammer Brand sheath

Post by Paladin »

Actually, that isn't all that bad of a sheath. You can re-stitch it and grease it up some. If you are bound and determined to have a better one, contact muskrat man here on the forum. He makes a fine sheath.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Paladin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:17 am Actually, that isn't all that bad of a sheath. You can re-stitch it and grease it up some. If you are bound and determined to have a better one, contact muskrat man here on the forum. He makes a fine sheath.

Ray
Appreciate that Ray! ...actually this is a borrowed picture of the actual sheath I'm looking for not one that I presently own.
Picked up an old Hammer like this that didn't have a sheath with it. Was trying to find an original if possible to keep it period correct for the ol collection ::tu::
By the way, Kaleb has did some beautiful work on an old Case knife for me ::nod::
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

The problem with old sheath knives is that there are many more knives surviving than old sheaths. The one you illustrate is the "Danl Boone" sheath and it will be very hard to find a loose one. Your knife is an Imperial and Imperial also made the same knife with just an Imperial mark and a plain sheath which will be easier to find. Usually a used Imperial knife and sheath go for under 20 bucks, they do not have a big collector following. Also Colonial made the same knife with the same unmarked sheath during the 50s and 60s, one of their sheaths would suffice unless you only want the Danl Boone sheath.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Gunsil wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:53 pm The problem with old sheath knives is that there are many more knives surviving than old sheaths. The one you illustrate is the "Danl Boone" sheath and it will be very hard to find a loose one. Your knife is an Imperial and Imperial also made the same knife with just an Imperial mark and a plain sheath which will be easier to find. Usually a used Imperial knife and sheath go for under 20 bucks, they do not have a big collector following. Also Colonial made the same knife with the same unmarked sheath during the 50s and 60s, one of their sheaths would suffice unless you only want the Danl Boone sheath.
Appreciate this information Gunsil ::handshake::
I've tracked down a potential lead on one like this Daniel Boone pictured above.... will update with any developments.
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Very cool that you have a lead on one! Although once common they are dang hard to find these days. I gotta admit the Dan'l Boone sheath is much cooler than the plain Imperial ones. There are also Hammer Brand marked sheaths but all I have seen were for a smaller knife.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Here's some other sheaths to be on the lookout for, pretty sure these have been together for a while. Happy hunting! 😉👍
Attachments
IMG_20210408_214323485.jpg
IMG_20210408_214603512.jpg
IMG_20210408_214636993.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Gunsil wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:29 am Very cool that you have a lead on one! Although once common they are dang hard to find these days. I gotta admit the Dan'l Boone sheath is much cooler than the plain Imperial ones. There are also Hammer Brand marked sheaths but all I have seen were for a smaller knife.
::tu::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 am Here's some other sheaths to be on the lookout for, pretty sure these have been together for a while. Happy hunting! 😉👍
:shock:
Those are really nice redrider !
Really like that first one...

Thank you for sharing them with us ::handshake::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Completely forgot to come back and update this ad.
I was able to find one in worn but usable condition.
Thank you for all that replied to my post ::handshake::

Return to “Want Ads”