Old Knife Collection ID

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Basket CaseXX

Old Knife Collection ID

Post by Basket CaseXX »

My grandfather left me these knives he’s collected since the 50’s-60’s. If anyone could assist on information for any of these knives I’d appreciate it!

Edit: I was told how to research these knives to find more so now just enjoy looking at them :)
Attachments
USA 6375 CV
USA 6375 CV
USA 6318 SS
USA 6318 SS
USA 3375 CV
USA 3375 CV
USA 6207 SS
USA 6207 SS
USA 6254 CV
USA 6254 CV
620(5?)7
620(5?)7
Cant make out the numbers
Cant make out the numbers
USA 62165 TH SS
USA 62165 TH SS
GSC06347
GSC06347
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Old Knife Collection ID

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

It is going to be impossible without pictures and descriptions of the knives.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Basket CaseXX

Post by Basket CaseXX »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm It is going to be impossible without pictures and descriptions of the knives.
I have pictures added are they not showing up? I also have the serial numbers listed under each
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Most, if not all the information about them is stamped on the knife itself. You know the manufacturer and pattern number (what you’ve called the serial number) from the stamps on each knife. On Case knives you can also determine when they were made as there is a date code system. All of the information needed is explained here by clicking on Research in the header at the top of this page, and following the prompts.

The other thing many want to know is “how much is it worth? The best source of value is to do an advanced search on eBay for sold listings of the same or similar knives. Once you know the maker, the pattern number, and the manufacturing date, just put that into eBay’s search, and see what is found. ::tu::

Have fun with your research. ::tu:: I hope you find learning about your grandfathers knives to be interesting and enjoyable. You’re fortunate to have something he valued. ::handshake::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Basket CaseXX

Post by Basket CaseXX »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 pm Welcome to AAPK. Most, if not all the information about them is stamped on the knife itself. You know the manufacturer and pattern number (what you’ve called the serial number) from the stamp. On Case knives you can also determine when they were made as there is a date code system. All of the information needed is explained here by clicking on Research in the header at the top of this page, and following the prompts.

The other thing many want to know is “how much is it worth? The best source of value is to do an advanced search on eBay for sold listings of the same or similar knives. Once you know the maker, the pattern number, and the manufacturing date, just put that into eBay’s search, and see what is found. ::tu::

Have fun with your research. ::tu:: I hope you find learning about your grandfathers knives to,be interesting. You’re fortunate to have something he valued.

Ken
Oh sweet! Thank you
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Basket CaseXX wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm
OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:01 pm It is going to be impossible without pictures and descriptions of the knives.
I have pictures added are they not showing up? I also have the serial numbers listed under each
Sorry, pictures did not show on my device with first post, but are there now.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Basket CaseXX

Post by Basket CaseXX »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 pm
Basket CaseXX wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm
Sorry, pictures did not show on my device with first post, but are there now.
No problem, thanks for looking!
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

All winners in my book. Hope they will be staying with you!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Basket CaseXX

Post by Basket CaseXX »

Dan In MI wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 am All winners in my book. Hope they will be staying with you!
Thank you, they definitely will be. I was just trying to uncover some information about the knives; I’ve already found a lot!
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

In my opinion, the "value" is in the memories and having something he enjoyed. Nice bunch of Case Knives! ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Very nice collection. ::tu:: And, ::welcome:: to AAPK.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
TazmanTom18

Post by TazmanTom18 »

If you call Case, they will send you a wallet card with all the info you need to identify them. Patterns with numbers, blade profiles, tang marks to date them, etc.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

TazmanTom18 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 pm If you call Case, they will send you a wallet card with all the info you need to identify them.
I will have to do that. Thanks for the tip!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”