Cut well Germany. Advertised as case cigar

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
Pennawhittler
Location: My family has lived in Philadelphia Pennsylvania a very long time and reside in levittown PA.

Cut well Germany. Advertised as case cigar

Post by Pennawhittler »

Hey everyone I am new here and thought I'd introduce myself quick.
I'm scott ::handshake::
I have a question and will try to make it short.
I bought a Brian Yellow horse knife advertised as a case cigar worked by B. Y. Turns out when I get the knife it's a German cut well cigar. Very beautiful but not a case. So does that diminish my chances of resale if I want? Seems like common sense. But I'm quite baffled and waiting on a response from the seller. I'm a bit disappointed. Any information would be appreciated! Thankyou.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Cut well Germany. Advertised as case cigar

Post by herbva »

Hello Scott, and welcome to AAPK. My answer to your question depends, at least partially, on where or how you bought the knife. If you got it via ebay, I personally would not hesitate to go the return route, given the information you provided.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Pennawhittler
Location: My family has lived in Philadelphia Pennsylvania a very long time and reside in levittown PA.

Post by Pennawhittler »

Thankyou for your reply and yes it was eBay and I wrote the seller and they did not respond yet!
I did screen shot the discription of the knife. It's pretty annoying but I'm starting to learn alot about who to buy from and who not to buy from.
But again I thankyou again and I'm glad I found you guys!!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Most German knives do not get a very high price when sold in USA. Most Case knives do get good prices in USA. Even though a B.Y. customized knife the value is lower than if it was a Case knife.
Depending on if you like it and how much you paid, you might feel better returning it for a full refund. Advertising it incorrectly as a "Case" is a major error on the seller's part.
kj
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. As you’ve discovered the hard way, buying knives on eBay can be pretty much a crap shoot unless you know who to trust and who to avoid, or know enough about knives to keep yourself from getting skinned. :lol: The good folks here on AAPK can help with that. If you haven’t found it yet, go here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_forum/ and scroll down until you find the forum titled “Counterfeit Watch”. You can learn a lot there about both knives and sellers, and if you have questions about a knife you think may not be correct, post it there with pictures and a link to the auction and ask.

There are some good sellers on eBay, but there are some crooks also, and some that are just ignorant about knives and don’t care. A great place to buy knives is right here on AAPK. Good knowledgeable sellers for the most part, and a member community that police the stores. Fortunately not much policing is required here. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Pennawhittler

Post by Pennawhittler »

Hey good to meet you and thankyou much for the reply and my previous years doing flea markets is helping me catch on quick!!
I've been out of practice for awhile raising a family and just getting back involved and we weren't using eBay yet back then.
I have met great guys so far on FB groups and I hung around on here a couple weeks before joining , realizing that the camaraderie is what I have always enjoyed most.
Anyway I'm happy to find you guys and slowly but surely I will get see what's what. Thankyou and I will let y'all know the outcome!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Pennawhittler wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:20 pm Hey everyone I am new here and thought I'd introduce myself quick.
I'm scott ::handshake::
I have a question and will try to make it short.
I bought a Brian Yellow horse knife advertised as a case cigar worked by B. Y. Turns out when I get the knife it's a German cut well cigar. Very beautiful but not a case. So does that diminish my chances of resale if I want? Seems like common sense. But I'm quite baffled and waiting on a response from the seller. I'm a bit disappointed. Any information would be appreciated! Thankyou.
::welcome:: Scott! The longer you stay, the more you're gonna like it here! 8)
8)
Pennawhittler

Post by Pennawhittler »

Good evening ladies & Gents.
I just thought I'd give you all a brief follow up on what the seller wrote me back word for word!!
" I didn't realize it wasn't a case, you can send it back if you wish"
That's it , and yes I must say as a paying customer I expected a bit more. But I told him what I thought respectfully and told him I will be sending the knife back and I end with a insightful quote I heard by Robert H Muller😆 . And I am disgusted.
I would tell everyone his name of his eBay shop if it is appropriate to do so others know who to look out for.
Thanks again for listening and your advice and replies.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Pennawhittler wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:22 am Good evening ladies & Gents.
I just thought I'd give you all a brief follow up on what the seller wrote me back word for word!!
" I didn't realize it wasn't a case, you can send it back if you wish"
That's it , and yes I must say as a paying customer I expected a bit more. But I told him what I thought respectfully and told him I will be sending the knife back and I end with a insightful quote I heard by Robert H Muller😆 . And I am disgusted.
I would tell everyone his name of his eBay shop if it is appropriate to do so others know who to look out for.
Thanks again for listening and your advice and replies.
One of the advantages (among many drawbacks) of buying on ebay is that they will handle the return for you and basically force the seller to refund your money, including giving you a return shipping postage label at the seller's expense. If you haven't done this, just click on your "Purchase History" and where you see the "Case" knife come up, just click on "Return". You will be required to enter a brief description, and if you want to, you can add pictures. I don't do returns very often, but when I have to, I add pictures if applicable. In your situation I would. If the seller refuses to accept the return or disputes the facts, ebay will look at your description and the pictures you provided, and make a decision. I wouldn't ship it back until ebay tells you to. I hope this helps.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

For posterity sake, I would like to see photos of what he was selling (or link to the knife on ebay), and photos of what you received. I've never heard of Brian or David Yellowhorse doing German made knives. That doesn't mean they haven't, but it's new too me.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Like I said in my prior post, many ebay sellers are just ignorant about knives. Often they are honest folks who just don’t know what they’re selling. Not even the basics beyond that it’s a knife. They do some quick research on the internet, or post what the person they acquired it from told them. Caveat emptor.

Unless I see the seller is listing multiple fakes or repeatedly lists bad knives, I usually give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their intent. I don’t buy from sellers who repeatedly sell counterfeits or post misleading listings, regardless what they’re selling. Don’t waste time arguing with them - that kind know full well what they’re doing and don’t care. I had one tell me he knew his knives were fakes but offered a 10 day return policy so if the buyer isn’t happy they can return the knife, no questions asked. That was his justification that he isn’t a crook. ::shrug::

Just don’t buy from them, and alert others about them.

JMO

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”