Let's keep it clean

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Phil2107

Re: Let's keep it clean

Post by Phil2107 »

doglegg wrote:
Phil2107 wrote:Lol! I'm new to the
Phil I think it caught us all when we first started. :lol: ::tounge:: ::nod::
And by the way Welcome.
Thanks!
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I want to cuss Great Eastern Cutlery. I want to cuss GEC for teasing their customers. I want TO CUSS GEC for putting one badge to four tubes ! Their best knives are produced in super low numbers to create crazy inflated prices. Harley Davidson did the same thing since 1982. Now Harley Davidson is in big trouble and Indian moto-sickles is the way to go with better tested quality moto-sickles. I want to cuss GEC for making too many two bladed knives , when they know most customers want single blades for easy opening. I want to cuss GEC for all those Tidioute knives with those stupid hot dog shields. I want to cuss GEC for not making all their knives fancy like the Northfield and the Northwoods knives, that they make for "Knives Ship For Free". I own 8 GEC knives , with many pre-orders being made right now. I signed up for #99s & #85s knives on Collector Knives. I was never notified. I have one arm and those knives would of been perfect for me. Now an #85 Tiger Maple wood easy open end sold for $200 on EBAY. I cuss GEC good on that one. I also bought 11 CASEXX knives and I joined the CASEXX Club. That will show them ! I cuss Great Eastern Cutlery for making too many brown knives and yellow knives that are 90% brown.
36618919_2113511145585231_1040317757142335488_n.jpg
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

BADGES ! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES !
9980000543.jpg
9980000543.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 150145 times
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Oh, that darn GEC and their reprehensible behavior. Trying to make money like that. Shame, shame!

I've got an idea, Onearmbladejunkie, consider buying antique pocket knives. It's much less stressful. ::nod::
Joe
wlf

Post by wlf »

The reason GEC is not a manufacturing facility like Case and unable to produce the numbers necessary to meet demand, is the hands on old approach to quality.
The company produces great old patterns, they just can’t produce enough to suit demand. The dealers are responsible for sales, not GEC.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Ultrastooge

Post by Ultrastooge »

junebug wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:18 pm I THINK WE SHOULD WRASSLE OVER THE RIGHT TA CUSS. ::shrug::
Ahh $*#€t.... I just had dinner. Thanks a lot for the not so easily erasable visual. What kind of a person does that!?

(*** NOTE : THIS IS A JOKE & NO SINGLETS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS PHOTO ::super_happy:: )
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm I want to cuss Great Eastern Cutlery. I want to cuss GEC for teasing their customers. I want TO CUSS GEC for putting one badge to four tubes ! Their best knives are produced in super low numbers to create crazy inflated prices. Harley Davidson did the same thing since 1982. Now Harley Davidson is in big trouble and Indian moto-sickles is the way to go with better tested quality moto-sickles. I want to cuss GEC for making too many two bladed knives , when they know most customers want single blades for easy opening. I want to cuss GEC for all those Tidioute knives with those stupid hot dog shields. I want to cuss GEC for not making all their knives fancy like the Northfield and the Northwoods knives, that they make for "Knives Ship For Free". I own 8 GEC knives , with many pre-orders being made right now. I signed up for #99s & #85s knives on Collector Knives. I was never notified. I have one arm and those knives would of been perfect for me. Now an #85 Tiger Maple wood easy open end sold for $200 on EBAY. I cuss GEC good on that one. I also bought 11 CASEXX knives and I joined the CASEXX Club. That will show them ! I cuss Great Eastern Cutlery for making too many brown knives and yellow knives that are 90% brown. 36618919_2113511145585231_1040317757142335488_n.jpg
All reasons I want to applaud Great Eastern Cutlery. Different strokes for different folks.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mossdancer »

My thanks to all of the AAPKers.. Been some time since my last post, might mention went thru a bad spell. Met with the fellow with a hood and a scythe on his shoulder and booted him on the ankle. Not my time yet. Knives are good, knives are great but always remember that GOD IS SUPREME
MOSS
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

How fortunate for us that you are still participating here. An honorable member that knows his knives.

And knows that "GOD IS SUPREME".
Joe
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Mossdancer wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:46 pm My thanks to all of the AAPKers.. Been some time since my last post, might mention went thru a bad spell. Met with the fellow with a hood and a scythe on his shoulder and booted him on the ankle. Not my time yet. Knives are good, knives are great but always remember that GOD IS SUPREME
MOSS
WB, it's good to see your smiling face and it's great to hear that you met the Reaper head on and beat him at his own game. Congratulations and welcome back.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

MM, good to hear from you. I value your participation and am glad you are still with us. The LORD is supreme and good. ::handshake::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Hey Moss,
It's been a while since I talked to you, I'm glad to hear you're still getting better! ::tu::
Wouldn't be the same around here without you!

God bless you and heal you!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Moss, glad to hear you're on the mend and back with us! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Glad you are doing better, Moss! And you are very right, God is supreme, and He is good!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

Just found this old Schrade.
Attachments
21E5BCCE-2F27-4252-B96E-A32832D568A1.jpeg
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Jacknifeben wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:32 pm Just found this old Schrade.
Great looking knife!
And this is where you chose to post it? ::poke::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Hello,

So glad to have found a forum space in which I can participate in discussions about knives without encountering foul language, cussing and swearing, photos posted of naked women, graphic advertisements for women's underwear and abortion clinics, and where the Word of God and the Name of Jesus are treated with reverence and respect...!!
Mark
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Onearmbladejunkie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm I want to cuss Great Eastern Cutlery. I want to cuss GEC for teasing their customers. I want TO CUSS GEC for putting one badge to four tubes ! Their best knives are produced in super low numbers to create crazy inflated prices. Harley Davidson did the same thing since 1982. Now Harley Davidson is in big trouble and Indian moto-sickles is the way to go with better tested quality moto-sickles. I want to cuss GEC for making too many two bladed knives , when they know most customers want single blades for easy opening. I want to cuss GEC for all those Tidioute knives with those stupid hot dog shields. I want to cuss GEC for not making all their knives fancy like the Northfield and the Northwoods knives, that they make for "Knives Ship For Free". I own 8 GEC knives , with many pre-orders being made right now. I signed up for #99s & #85s knives on Collector Knives. I was never notified. I have one arm and those knives would of been perfect for me. Now an #85 Tiger Maple wood easy open end sold for $200 on EBAY. I cuss GEC good on that one. I also bought 11 CASEXX knives and I joined the CASEXX Club. That will show them ! I cuss Great Eastern Cutlery for making too many brown knives and yellow knives that are 90% brown. 36618919_2113511145585231_1040317757142335488_n.jpg
Just to be clear, GEC has nothing to do with prices on ebay. Except make a great knife with demand growing that private sellers and people can buy and sell. Thank goodness for Tidioutes with the plain bolsters and stuff, some of my favorites. Thanks to GEC for the two blades and others besides singles. Thanks GEC for all the brown knives people dish on and the yellows. Some of us love brown and yellow. GEC has nothing to do with an 85 tiger maple selling on ebay. You should be glad it didn't sell for 3-4 hundred or more. $200 is a steeeeeeel. And thank the lord for GEC making the kind of traditionals no one else is making. Case quit making stuff like we love back in the late 70's. Thanks thanks thanks GEC for picking up the ball and making them again. And thanks GEC for making 40-50 knives for me over the past decade that are now worth 2-3 times what I paid. I couldn't ask for more and love my GEC knives and love what they are doing these days. Thank the lord they didn't do what Case and Queen and Schrade did. Thank Goodness. And thanks GEC for my favorite knives, they are all GEC and Northwoods pretty much. Looooooooooooooooove them and hope they don't listen to the whiners and the people who dish on them and the people who cuss them out for doing us all a favor and resurrecting quality manufacturing of pocket knives today. GEC is an American business success story like few others. Who else is making knives in the USA these days that are selling for 2-3 times the retail price? Who else is resurrecting the traditional pocket knives industry and growing business and demand like GEC? Nobody. Hats off to GEC and all they do. Keep it up, we love you and will keep supporting you and love every knife you put out. Salute and god bless!
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Working Edge wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm Hello,

So glad to have found a forum space in which I can participate in discussions about knives without encountering foul language, cussing and swearing, photos posted of naked women, graphic advertisements for women's underwear and abortion clinics, and where the Word of God and the Name of Jesus are treated with reverence and respect...!!
Mark
That’s what’s great about this place!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Mark

Welcome aboard Mark!
I am glad you found us. ::welcome::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

Thank you, Dale, much appreciated..! 🤠🤠
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Colonel26 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:32 pm

Mark
That’s what’s great about this place!
Amen!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Mark
Happy, if a bit belated, ::welcome:: to AAPK Mr.Mark.
So glad you could join the crew.
Stick around,
have a few beers,
enjoy the knives,
and Love the Lord;
it tis a good place to be.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Working Edge

Post by Working Edge »

WillyCamaro wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Mark
Happy, if a bit belated, ::welcome:: to AAPK Mr.Mark.
So glad you could join the crew.
Stick around,
have a few beers,
enjoy the knives,
and Love the Lord;
it tis a good place to be.
::tu::
Thank you..!!!
::handshake::
Praise the Lord,
Pass the ammunition

Return to “General Knife Discussion”