Phil Tham Texas Knifemaker

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
kootenay joe

Phil Tham Texas Knifemaker

Post by kootenay joe »

I bought a couple of folding knives from Phil Tham in Texas a few years ago. I am trying to contact him but his email address bounces back. My browsers refuse to go to his website "ptartistry.com" saying it is "unsafe" even though a few years back there was no problem accessing his website.
Does anyone here know, or know of Phil or have any contact info for him ? I cannot recall where in Texas he is located.
kj
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Phil Tham Texas Knifemaker

Post by Madmarco »

Roland! I tried to access the site as well, and it would allow me to proceed but claimed it was "unsafe". Usually a sign that something has changed. Good luck finding your pal. 8)
8)
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

I sent Ricky Bob a message asking if he might know.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Montanaman wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 pm I sent Ricky Bob a message asking if he might know.
Thank you.
"Ricky Bob" ? Menefee ??
kj
Froe

Post by Froe »

I tried. The message was that the ‘domain has expired’.
Froe
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

Did a search and found that Phil Tham, knife maker, is currently living in Bryan Texas. I got the Bryan Texas from a Worthpoint listing for one of his knives.

Using

Phil Tham Bryan Texas

as google search words, you can get phone numbers, etc.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you zzy. I did the same search before posting here and it did not bring up the Worthpoint site. I just did the search again and it brings up Phil Tham in Bryan Texas and a Phil Tham as Director for Texas Department of Agriculture in Austin Texas.
I found a phone number for the Phil Tham in Bryan Texas. I'll give him a call in the morning.
Google search seems to be variable in what it brings up ?
kj
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:03 pm I bought a couple of folding knives from Phil Tham in Texas a few years ago. I am trying to contact him but his email address bounces back. My browsers refuse to go to his website "ptartistry.com" saying it is "unsafe" even though a few years back there was no problem accessing his website.
Does anyone here know, or know of Phil or have any contact info for him ? I cannot recall where in Texas he is located.
kj
My browser say's it is an expired domain name.
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:46 am
Montanaman wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 pm I sent Ricky Bob a message asking if he might know.
Thank you.
"Ricky Bob" ? Menefee ??
kj
Yep, Ricky said he never heard of him, sorry.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I now have 2 phone numbers for Phil Tham in Bryan Texas: 979 778 3130 and 409 830 0089. Neither one is still in service.
This is mystery. When Phil's website was active it showed many knives he had made and was making along with pictures of his well set up modern shop. He was not just 'dabbling' in knife making. He was full time knife making. That was about 7-8 years ago ?
If you find any further information please post it.
kj
conslade
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by conslade »

I used to set up at the Buffalo (Texas) Gun Show across the aisle from Phil. I always loved looking at his stuff. but he hasn't been there for several years now. The show is going to be this coming weekend (Mar.6,7). I'll ask around, see if anybody knows anything.
I loved looking at his knives, finally bought one and then let a friend get it away from me.
By the way, Buffalo is not very far from Bryan.
We are all smarter than any one of us. Let us learn from each other.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Conslade. I'm sure someone at the show will know something. I hope Phil is still with us. With the cancelled phone numbers and website i am beginning to think he might have passed away.
kj
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:58 am Thanks Conslade. I'm sure someone at the show will know something. I hope Phil is still with us. With the cancelled phone numbers and website i am beginning to think he might have passed away.
kj
I'm concerned with that as well, but I'm usually pretty good at finding obituraries and I haven't found on yet.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”