I think somebody just got a great deal on the Bay...

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Robo

I think somebody just got a great deal on the Bay...

Post by Robo »

Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't these old pick-lock Latima's normally go for hundreds? Some lucky person just scored this "Buy it Now" for 25 bucks! Check it out and see...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Latama ... 7675.l2557

If it's an AAPK member congrats! It's nice reporting on some good news!
Attachments
s-l1600-6.jpg
wiseguy

Re: I think somebody just got a great deal on the Bay...

Post by wiseguy »

I saw that and then it disappeared , here’s what popped back up shortly after , looking at the pictures, that blade was in so- so condition ... the whole listing is a bit fishy, here’s the sellers sold listing, he sold it several times
Attachments
1B88A617-4A3E-4782-916F-2B606002D338.png
CCEB2C23-87A3-4A0B-8FB5-0E4126F8557E.png
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

What happened is he got a good offer for it, re-listed at the buyer's offer. Possible that ebay removed it if there is no record of sale. Sometimes autos get through but when they don't there is no ebay record of them being sold.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

According to the listing, he sold it at 4:27 P.M. today for $25., then again at 4:37 P.M. today for $350., and then yet again at 5:12 P.M. today for $350., so there's definitely something fishy going on. They do sell for big bucks if in 1st-Rate condition, but the one he has is kindda beat-up so who knows what went down on this one. ::shrug:: 8)
8)
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Hmmmm, definitely something odd going on there. Look at the feedback the "buyer" left for the $25 sale:

Seller cancelled auction and lied about the reason.
Feb 21, 2021

::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Robo

Post by Robo »

herbva wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:19 am Hmmmm, definitely something odd going on there. Look at the feedback the "buyer" left for the $25 sale:

Seller cancelled auction and lied about the reason.
Feb 21, 2021

::teary_eyes::
Yeah, thanks for replies folks! Looks like somebody got to this seller. I had that happen to me one time a piece of vintage recording gear. I listed it at a buyer friendly price and and it seemed like I barely pushed the "List it" option and "Cha-Ching!!!!" I got the e-bay cash register sound ebay sends to alert you to a sale. Anyway, minutes later another buyer is messaging me and offering a hefty bit more to sell it to him. I chose to retain my integrity but every time my pride swells up thinking about things like that, I ask myself, "But what if you were in dire straights?"
Kramersknife

Post by Kramersknife »

Yes they don't like people selling those there, but once in a while one slips through Like this one I bouget for $55.00 Last year.
Made my day for sure...well year. Pays to stay up late sometimes.
Attachments
IMG_8049.JPG
IMG_8048.JPG
IMG_8047.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Kramersknife wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 am Yes they don't like people selling those there, but once in a while one slips through Like this one I bouget for $55.00 Last year.
Yours looks identical to the OP knife K.K.! ::nod:: Ya sure you didn't just buy it for $350.? ::shrug:: LOL! Lovely old Latama, nice score! 8)
8)
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Kramersknife wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 am Yes they don't like people selling those there, but once in a while one slips through Like this one I bouget for $55.00 Last year.
Nice score there, if you don’t mind what does your knife measure open , it has some of the characteristics of the knives contracted out of Frosolone to meet Latamas demands for export out of Italy at that time.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”