help me please dont know what I have

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
jander5191

help me please dont know what I have

Post by jander5191 »

I sell a few knives on ebay
I cant find out online what the maker or model is
thank you thank you
Attachments
IMG_6554.JPG
IMG_6555.JPG
IMG_6562.JPG
IMG_6559.JPG
knife7knut

Re: help me please dont know what I have

Post by knife7knut »

You need to provide a closeup of the tang stamp.The bottom line looks like Prov. RI.Makers there were Colonial;Imperial,and Ideal.There may have been others but I am not aware of any.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
jander5191

Post by jander5191 »

That's the problem
closeup of the tang stamp is all gone!!!!!!
The only hope if some one is smart enough to know what the red square with the gold ring means!!!!!!
HELP HELP HELP
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Can't help you with your knife Jander, ::shrug:: but ::welcome:: to AAPK, and I'm sure someone will be along who can help! 8)
8)
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

jander5191 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 pm That's the problem
closeup of the tang stamp is all gone!!!!!!
The only hope if some one is smart enough to know what the red square with the gold ring means!!!!!!
HELP HELP HELP
You'd be surprised what these guys can work with.
Get a close up pic of the tang stamp, no matter what you think about it, and watch what happens 😁

And welcome aboard!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Try a little pencil over the stamp and vary the photo angles. Works sometimes. Take quite a few pics. J.O'.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

For some reason it looks Russian to me. ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Kase's Kutlery Plus

Post by Kase's Kutlery Plus »

Even if you figure it out it probably won't bring much just because of the style.
just bob

Post by just bob »

I can't ID your knife. I enlarged the pictures and had no luck. The bottom word may begin with Prov. or may say France? What I can tell you is that knives like this are commonly called picnic knives. If you search on Google or Ebay many images will comes up. Others call these champagne knives because of the corkscrew and you'll even see a few listed on ebay as swiss army knives, because they are multi purpose. Pradel in France made many of this style of knife and in fact had a square shield with a cross in it on many of their knives. They also commonly have a blade etch and yours does not. I don't see another knife with a shield like yours has and that probably indicates it wasn't a major American maker or else many on here would recognize it. I'm not sure that is a ring? I thought it was a drum? It maybe the mark of a European vineyard or beverage maker? One thing you might try is to find someone that has a jeweler's loupe. I have been stumped on several knives and taken them to the local guy who has a loupe and he has been able to pick up details that I missed with a magnifying glass. The more letters you can make out the better chance you have of ID'ing the knife. Keep us posted on your progress.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

just bob wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:22 pm I can't ID your knife. I enlarged the pictures and had no luck. The bottom word may begin with Prov. or may say France? What I can tell you is that knives like this are commonly called picnic knives. If you search on Google or Ebay many images will comes up. Others call these champagne knives because of the corkscrew and you'll even see a few listed on ebay as swiss army knives, because they are multi purpose. Pradel in France made many of this style of knife and in fact had a square shield with a cross in it on many of their knives. They also commonly have a blade etch and yours does not. I don't see another knife with a shield like yours has and that probably indicates it wasn't a major American maker or else many on here would recognize it. I'm not sure that is a ring? I thought it was a drum? It maybe the mark of a European vineyard or beverage maker? One thing you might try is to find someone that has a jeweler's loupe. I have been stumped on several knives and taken them to the local guy who has a loupe and he has been able to pick up details that I missed with a magnifying glass. The more letters you can make out the better chance you have of ID'ing the knife. Keep us posted on your progress.
I think you're onto something Bob.The corkscrew looks like a handmade style rather than the more modern machine twisted version. The bottom word could be "Pradel" and the top one,"Depose" which would make it of French origin.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
just bob

Post by just bob »

[/quote]
I think you're onto something Bob.The corkscrew looks like a handmade style rather than the more modern machine twisted version. The bottom word could be "Pradel" and the top one,"Depose" which would make it of French origin.
[/quote

One other thought I've had is that the ring is actually a tin can that held sardines, crackers, nuts or something else and the knife is an advertising item.
Who knows? Fun to try and solve these.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”