Parker Identification help

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
tinroof

Parker Identification help

Post by tinroof »

I have 3 Parker knives, one is tang stamped as "Parker Edwards, Jacksonville Alabama" - 1423-1. The other two are "Parker Cutlery Company" and made in Japan on the reverse tang, also "Eagle Brand Cutlery" hot stamped on the blade but no model number. I have seen other Parkers listed as made by Seki and some are listed with model numbers. Is there a identity marking to relate a knife being made by Seki -- or maybe they are the only maker ?? Is a catalog or list available to find model numbers, and dates of production. Thanks for your help in trying to learn a little more.
Attachments
Parker Edwards 1423-1.JPG
Parker One Arm.JPG
Parker One Arm (2).JPG
Parker Eagle (4).JPG
Parker Eagle (3).JPG
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Parker Identification help

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I don't know if this knife belongs under this topic or not. It is only marked on the tang of the main blade as far as I can tell. It says EAGLE. ?
PHILA. ?
It looks like there are at least 2 more letters/figures where I have the question marks. My question is, does this knife belong under the Parker umbrella? Is this an example of the "Eagle Brand" or is this a different company entirely?
Your assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
KAW

Post by KAW »

::welcome:: NW... BTW... New Windsor is in my neck of the woods....
Very nice looking Eagle brand knife... but it is not related to Parker.
All I know about Eagle is... they were one of the three companies bought out by Winchester in the early 1920's.
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Thank you KAW. I used to hang out in New Paltz (bars) on weekends 1974-78.
big monk

Post by big monk »

tinroof wrote:I have 3 Parker knives, one is tang stamped as "Parker Edwards, Jacksonville Alabama" - 1423-1. The other two are "Parker Cutlery Company" and made in Japan on the reverse tang, also "Eagle Brand Cutlery" hot stamped on the blade but no model number. I have seen other Parkers listed as made by Seki and some are listed with model numbers. Is there a identity marking to relate a knife being made by Seki -- or maybe they are the only maker ?? Is a catalog or list available to find model numbers, and dates of production. Thanks for your help in trying to learn a little more.
Lots of reading that may help link below***

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... cutlery+co.
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Pigpen

Post by Pigpen »

Parker identification help

Hello, i have a butterfly knife that i was told is from parker. All it says on tje blade is seki Japan. The knife has never been assembled, pins not set. I bought the handles and blade separate. Any help on this would be appreciated. Its never been carried or sharpened. I collect parkers but know nothing about this knife. What year, was this a kit, what's it worth? Thank you, Brian
Attachments
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Parker?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Seki is to Japan like Solingen is to Germany - a cutlery center making knives for many companies. Parker was just one of many who contracted with a maker there to have knives made. Knowing Parker, if it was anything related to him it will have “Parker” on it somewhere.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Pigpen wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:43 pm Parker identification help

Hello, i have a butterfly knife that i was told is from parker. All it says on tje blade is seki Japan. The knife has never been assembled, pins not set. I bought the handles and blade separate. Any help on this would be appreciated. Its never been carried or sharpened. I collect parkers but know nothing about this knife. What year, was this a kit, what's it worth? Thank you, Brian
Hey P.P.! I can't help identify your knife, ::shrug:: but it sure is cool! ::nod:: And, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

Return to “General Knife Discussion”