AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by Madmarco »

Hi guys! I just had something occur that almost knocked the wind out of me, and felt I had to share it! When I logged-in this morning there was a "Private Message" from someone on this forum, whom will remain anonymous so as to not embarrass them, but I will definitely share their gesture toward me. The message said that a Gold Membership for this forum had been purchased for me, and absolutely NOTHING was expected in return! This gesture in itself is incredibly generous of this individual, but there's more! Prior to reading the message, I had posted in a topic somewhere that I was just waiting for some money to arrive so I could purchase a membership, and then I read the message! Incredible coincidence? I doubt it, more like Divine intervention if you ask me! I have no idea what prompted this individual to do this kind thing for me, but it certainly is in the spirit of what this brother/sisterhood is all about! I wish to publicly thank the person who did this wonderful thing for a fellow member, and I will do my best to "Pay it Forward"! So, thanks to, only you and I know who you are, ::handshake:: your kindly act has filled me with gratitude! Mark! 8)
8)
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: AN INCREDIBLE GESTURE!

Post by dlr110 »

This is just another example of why I really do love being a part of this great organization.
At the heart of it I believe we come here to learn, to laugh, to share, to help one another
and even lift each other up in prayer in time of need. God bless the member that did this
for you Mark and God bless all of us here on AAPK. ::pray:: ::tu::
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

dlr110 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm This is just another example of why I really do love being a part of this great organization.
At the heart of it I believe we come here to learn, to laugh, to share, to help one another
and even lift each other up in prayer in time of need. God bless the member that did this
for you Mark and God bless all of us here on AAPK. ::pray:: ::tu::
Amen David! ::pray:: 8)
8)
TPK

Post by TPK »

Congratulations Mark! ::handshake:: That's awesome! ::nod:: Awesome people here! ::nod::
A group of like minded, a gathering of friends, a band of blade brothers. ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

TPK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm Congratulations Mark! ::handshake:: That's awesome! ::nod:: Awesome people here! ::nod::
A group of like minded, a gathering of friends, a band of blade brothers. ::nod:: ::tu:: :D
Very well stated Tom, ::tu:: I'm proud to be a part of it! 8)
8)
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
Yes, Sir - well done!!

Congrats, Mark.
I was the recipient of a similar gesture several months ago, only I didn't receive a PM telling me about it. One day I happened to notice a Supporting Member banner under my avatar. I still have no idea who made the generous contribution, but it is certainly appreciated.

The members here are grade A, number one, top-notch, best folks around!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm Those of us who have been reading the thread you are referring to know who this is and all I can say is "Well Done". Now it is up to you to "pay it forward".
I will certainly do my best O.C.! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Steve Warden wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm
Yes, Sir - well done!!

Congrats, Mark.
I was the recipient of a similar gesture several months ago, only I didn't receive a PM telling me about it. One day I happened to notice a Supporting Member banner under my avatar. I still have no idea who made the generous contribution, but it is certainly appreciated.

Well said Steve, ::tu:: and I couldn't agree more! ::handshake:: My new banner is up and flying already! ::groove:: Thanks again to all involved! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

That is truly great Mark, agree with you and all who’ve posted here ,the genuine fellowship, for the most part is great here . And a big hats off to the quiet donor . Very well done. Good to see good things happening here .
Take care ,stay safe ::handshake::
JP
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Ripster wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm That is truly great Mark, agree with you and all who’ve posted here ,the genuine fellowship, for the most part is great here . And a big hats off to the quiet donor . Very well done. Good to see good things happening here .
Take care ,stay safe ::handshake::
Thanks J.P.! ::handshake:: I'm still in a state of shock over the whole thing, :shock: but it's a good state to be in! Some 1st-Rate people frequent this forum, and for the "most part" one's, perhaps they'll eventually pick-up on the vibe! BTW, I really enjoy your posts! 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::tu:: 8) ::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

That "Premium Subscription Tier" looks very good under your avatar Mark. ::nod::
Congratulations to the silent donor.

Dan
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Madmarco wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:25 pm I wish to publicly thank the person who did this wonderful thing for a fellow member
I know who it was but I ain't tellin'... ::paranoid::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Congratulations Mark!

Thank you silent donor.

Bob
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Such as this makes an ol' redneck's heart feel good about some things! A lot of people and institutions in our upside down world could learn a lot from the actions of many AAPK members.
Great read! ::nod::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys! It's good to feel like I'm part of the crew! All made possible by a truly spiritual individual! 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

::tu:: 8) ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

A fine gesture by whoever did it. That's what I like about this place!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

glennbad wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 pm A fine gesture by whoever did it. That's what I like about this place!
Totally agree Glenn! It's things like this that make me look forward to logging-in everyday! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Yes, Sir - well done!!

Congrats, Mark.

Me too, thanks to whoever is responsible!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

samb1955 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:49 pm
Yes, Sir - well done!!

Congrats, Mark.

Me too, thanks to whoever is responsible!
Super cool, you got one too Sam! Really makes you feel like you belong! 8)
8)

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”