Wife’s Art Studio and couple pics

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Wife’s Art Studio and couple pics

Post by Ripster »

Posting a couple of pics now that we got our basement done. Wife’s studio got filled up fast ,but now we got my shop down there back as well . She’s getting back into heavy soon, a on line show judged and something else not sure. Doglegg , thought about you when
I seen your post elsewhere, so hope you see these . More later , we have to get to library and get a bunch of stuff from there and then she’ll have more pics if interested.
Take care ,stay safe out there! ::tu::
Attachments
B3EB5231-C57E-43D5-AF1F-4FF44876DE05.jpeg
4FB65535-BBFB-4352-BC7B-2E54EC8027CC.jpeg
07B1DBAD-7BE7-40EA-85AB-6071AE459DFB.jpeg
0875BB9F-5DAF-4FB5-BCDD-CA11E140CDB9.jpeg
4254D713-F052-4413-BB7C-1BA48F6E0BE9.jpeg
8FA37396-149C-4C97-9868-F9E92BE208C8.jpeg
01B4063F-E32C-4F19-8211-9DCD84625172.jpeg
JP
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Wife’s Art Studio and couple pics

Post by Ridgegrass »

Interesting ! Like to see more. J.O'.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

::tu:: 8) ::tu:: I admire any one who an artistic talent!! Kudos to your wife Rip.. ::ds::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I appreciate your posting. Also getting a look at some more of her work. And your shop as well. Thank you. ::handshake::
Waukonda
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Waukonda »

JP, thanks for showing! Those are some great pieces there. I am really drawn to the "Point Reyes". Has she ever done any of the Great Lakes Freighters? Just asking because of your location.
My favorite is the lunch box with the Buddy Poppy, wow, that one evokes some emotion. Very nice work, please pass that along to her and post more anytime!
Ike
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Waukonda wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 pm JP, thanks for showing! Those are some great pieces there. I am really drawn to the "Point Reyes". Has she ever done any of the Great Lakes Freighters? Just asking because of your location.
My favorite is the lunch box with the Buddy Poppy, wow, that one evokes some emotion. Very nice work, please pass that along to her and post more anytime!
Afternoon Sir, got a couple more pics for you ,and the Others .
To answer your ? Regarding Great Lakes , did a few things when up by Duluth/ Superior area ,she’ll have to look for them . The Point Reves was a East coast trip if we remember right. Thanks for taking an interest, makes my wife’s day ::tu::
The lunch box was my last day of work ,on my way out for the last day . She did a great job with it . Agree with you Ike, it gets you .
Take care ,stay safe and warm.
Note, the Owl. Is a bigger piece still in progress , the eyes are awesome . This one is going in our room ! Been waiting a year for this one, it’ll be worth it .
Attachments
B1FA6D1E-C22D-4D80-9C07-A7001D17DBC3.jpeg
C22C779C-9852-4ED0-8459-F829EB7EC1C9.jpeg
F3DA6024-BEC1-4952-AD62-386E4EB43CB5.jpeg
F2F2FE50-0D64-487E-9799-E10F64DA8EB9.jpeg
7C156B84-5218-4479-9E4D-DCAC754960DF.jpeg
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

The owl's eyes seem to follow me as I moved around in our office! Be sure to share that one when your wife finishes it. ::tu::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 pm The owl's eyes seem to follow me as I moved around in our office! Be sure to share that one when your wife finishes it. ::tu::
Treefarmer
Thanks Philip , will let her know. She starts every painting with the eyes ,if in the painting. She believes it’s the most critical part of the painting .
Have a good one down there , and stay safe and warm. ::handshake::
JP
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

JP, I think your wife's art is wonderful. Her animal portraits have enormous appeal to me. I love how she uses the darker background resulting in highlighting the center of interest. The steer, the birds, would be proud to adorn my walls with any of these. I do not mean to minimize her skill with other subjects in any way, its just that animals are a lifelong interest for me. I think your wife is a remarkable talent.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Quick Steel wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:18 am JP, I think your wife's art is wonderful. Her animal portraits have enormous appeal to me. I love how she uses the darker background resulting in highlighting the center of interest. The steer, the birds, would be proud to adorn my walls with any of these. I do not mean to minimize her skill with other subjects in any way, its just that animals are a lifelong interest for me. I think your wife is a remarkable talent.
Thanks QS, will pass it on to Heidi , that’ll put a smile on her face .
You have yourself a great day out there .
JP
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

I like your wife’s art work very much. Very impressive! I agree with QS that her animal paintings are very striking. But I guess my favorites are the Port Reyes and the one of you with the cooler. Very impressive.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
wlf

Post by wlf »

The reverse shadows blew me away. One of the coolest paintings I’ve ever seen. Would love to purchase it or trade knives for it.😊
Seriously email or PM me
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Ripster wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 pm
Waukonda wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 pm JP, thanks for showing! Those are some great pieces there. I am really drawn to the "Point Reyes". Has she ever done any of the Great Lakes Freighters? Just asking because of your location.
Afternoon Sir, got a couple more pics for you ,and the Others .
To answer your ? Regarding Great Lakes , did a few things when up by Duluth/ Superior area ,she’ll have to look for them . The Point Reves was a East coast trip if we remember right. Thanks for taking an interest, makes my wife’s day ::tu::
The lunch box was my last day of work ,on my way out for the last day . She did a great job with it . Agree with you Ike, it gets you .
Take care ,stay safe and warm.
Note, the Owl. Is a bigger piece still in progress , the eyes are awesome . This one is going in our room ! Been waiting a year for this one, it’ll be worth it .
Love the last day at work lunch box. 8) 8) 8)
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

wlf wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:30 am The reverse shadows blew me away. One of the coolest paintings I’ve ever seen. Would love to purchase it or trade knives for it.😊
Seriously email or PM me
Morning Sir,just talked to Heidi about the painting . She’s still working on it ,but will put your name on it. If you want to send me email will forward it to my wife. Then you and her will be able to connect with each other. Thank you for the kind words, take care .
Wife said this is a first ,trading for knives, she thought that was cool . Told her We’re serious ,she laughed and said,yes I know! She knows we like our Cutlery
Catch up with you later. Stay warm and safe
JP
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

Oh, that’s great stuff! I love the way she sees ordinary stuff, like the guy with the cooler and the tp. Very well done!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

What a wonderful talent your wife is!

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”