R.I.P Tony Bose

If you can think of something to talk about that is not related to knives, discuss it here.
Doc B

R.I.P Tony Bose

Post by Doc B »

I just heard Tony Bose passed away. Certainly a stand-out in the knife world. :(
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: R.I.P Tony Bose

Post by 1967redrider »

Man, I'm sorry to be reading this. What a knifing community icon. Condolences to his family and friends, he leaves behind some enormous shoes to be filled. Rest in peace. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Wow, thats shocking! :shock:
I don't know how old he was but I kind of assumed he was fairly young, either that or the videos of him I have seen were perhaps older videos.

A sad day for the knife collecting community!
Prayers for peace and comfort for his loved ones.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Very sad indeed. His creative, innovative, and downright great work will be greatly missed.
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

This is a huge loss. I liked him very much. Spent about an hour talking with him once. He was a great guy.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Quite a guy and a great Custom maker . Very generous man would make a knife for the NKCA at the Blade Show and people would stand in line to get a chance to bid on it . Then give the money to Lisa to help out the NKCA . Meet him at the Case swap meets . He had a funny saying that he was humbled that people would pay that much for his knife .
Will be missed !!!!!!
mcrunkin

Post by mcrunkin »

WOW, no doubt a man with such talent as a cutler, and moreover a person of tremendous depth is so many ways will be missed for sure. Rest in Peace Tony
WAYNED
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by WAYNED »

May God give added blessings to the family and close friends of this great gentleman. I never met him but feel as though I know him. Some kind of a great man and inspiration to so many.Prayers for all involved...wayne
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mr. Bose.
::pray:: 🕊
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I never met Tony Bose, but sure read much about him on knife forums and saw his work through his unique Case Knives. Rest in peace to Tony and condolences to his family. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

Return to “General Off Topic Discussion”