Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by kennedy knives »

QS very nice Dog Bone Shield on That GEC Bulldog ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I see any GEC made knife as a GEC knife regardless of the name stamped on the tang. I know that many people only see a knife that is marked "GEC" to be a GEC knife. To me the maker is the significant factor and i like the above GEC made Congress with the dog bone shield.
kj
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Gary and kj.
J1890

Post by J1890 »

GEC made Schrade 73 with a really cool shield.
71, which is just a great all around knife.
F7293DC1-C0B9-45F5-949D-ACC7E669BCDF.jpeg
"As for me and my house, we serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15
salmonpie75

Post by salmonpie75 »

Something about this little guy :D
Attachments
St. Patty’s Day Acrylic
St. Patty’s Day Acrylic
~Sean
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sweet Lambsfoot from Gunstock Jack came in. It's used and there was a tiny spot where the grind meets the tang mark side. Made a little tool with a copper wire point so I can rub the spots out with softer metal. Worked great. Took out the corrosion, didn't seem to remove any untainted metal, and looks about new again.
Attachments
thumbnail_20200807_112713.jpg
thumbnail_20200807_112817.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Great idea on removing the spots. And that is a very sweet knife. ::tu::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

doglegg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:26 pm Great idea on removing the spots. And that is a very sweet knife. ::tu::
Thanks doglegg, appreciate it. Thanks for the compliments on the home made tool too.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I am going to copy your copper tipped tool. Any 'secrets' for securing the copper in place ?
Very attractive knife. Charlie C. is able to tweak a GEC pattern into an even better knife.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

It’s been too long since anyone posted on here. I got this one today. Had an email from Barry at Gunstock Jack’s the other day that these had been customized by Esynx Custom Knives. This is a 15 pattern with cocobolo handles and a crest shield Beautiful.
Attachments
IMG_4340.jpeg
IMG_4338.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm It’s been too long since anyone posted on here. I got this one today. Had an email from Barry at Gunstock Jack’s the other day that these had been customized by Esynx Custom Knives. This is a 15 pattern with cocobolo handles and a crest shield Beautiful.
That is a really nice knife, you must be very happy with it. ::woot::
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:53 pm It’s been too long since anyone posted on here. I got this one today. Had an email from Barry at Gunstock Jack’s the other day that these had been customized by Esynx Custom Knives. This is a 15 pattern with cocobolo handles and a crest shield Beautiful.
I saw those the other day after receiving an email. They went pretty quick, but very limited quantity. Very nice work by Esynx as expected.Congrats on landing one.
-Tim
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

....drooooool, drooooool, droooooooooolll, drip, drip, drip....
::not_worthy:: ::not_worthy:: ::clapping:: ::not_worthy:: ::not_worthy:: :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::super_happy:: :lol:
Looks custom or like a SFO only better. Fabulous wood, bare head, shield, mmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks to Kennedy Knives kindness for trading me a Beer and Sausage for the Appaloosa bone and for letting go of the jigged bone. Love these two, really fine specimens and begging to ride along. Going out with a bang SFO. Thanks thanks thanks KennedyKnives.
Attachments
thumbnail_20201015_125415.jpg
Maher and Grosh $1.50 Razor Steel Trapper  GEC 35 frame
Maher and Grosh $1.50 Razor Steel Trapper GEC 35 frame
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Received my first 74 today from Barry at Gunstock Jacks. Wow! I don’t say that often but this plum color jigged bone is really nice looking. I finally get it why people like these single blade knives over multi-bladed knives. This is such a well done knife. My only complaint, and it’s a minor complaint is that the bone jigging seems a little jagged on some edges. When I wiped it off with a microfiber towel it kept grabbing threads out of the towel and they were stuck in some of the jigging.
I’m so impressed with this over the 23 I am thinking about selling all my 23’s
Attachments
IMG_4423.jpeg
IMG_4425.jpeg
IMG_4428.jpeg
IMG_4431.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Gorgeous scales and everything. Know what you mean about jigging that grabs fibers, and skin. Guess its a small price to pay for such a cool knife otherwise. Congrats.
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Ivoryman wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:15 pm Thanks to Kennedy Knives kindness for trading me a Beer and Sausage for the Appaloosa bone and for letting go of the jigged bone. Love these two, really fine specimens and begging to ride along. Going out with a bang SFO. Thanks thanks thanks KennedyKnives.
Those are two beauties! ::tu::
David
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:08 pm Received my first 74 today from Barry at Gunstock Jacks. Wow! I don’t say that often but this plum color jigged bone is really nice looking. I finally get it why people like these single blade knives over multi-bladed knives. This is such a well done knife. My only complaint, and it’s a minor complaint is that the bone jigging seems a little jagged on some edges. When I wiped it off with a microfiber towel it kept grabbing threads out of the towel and they were stuck in some of the jigging.
I’m so impressed with this over the 73 I am thinking about selling all my 73’s.
Verah nice 74! ::tu::
David
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I don't collect GEC knives in general. I joined AAPK in 2018. Last year, I purchased two of the 2019 AAPK knives and I recently decided I wanted a 2018 AAPK knife also. So I bought a, new to me, 2018 AAPK knife. It has the tube, the wrapping paper and the C.O.A. It is in Near Mint condition. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
2018 AAPK Knife
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Fabulous bones New W, have a couple 14s from that run, but no AAPK. Love those saw cut with the ends lighter colored. Beauty, congrats, they don't come cheap. Great score.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

The AAPK knives are some of my favorites, especially the boys knives.
I got these two in today. I am very happy with the Arizona Ironwood. I saw several the other day that were ver bland, some all dark and some all light. But this one is very nice. Since I wasn’t able to pick it out, I am especially happy with it.
The Burlap Micarta is also very nice
Attachments
IMG_4476.jpeg
IMG_4479.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg
IMG_4481.jpeg
IMG_4482.jpeg
TPK

Post by TPK »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:37 pm The AAPK knives are some of my favorites, especially the boys knives.
I got these two in today. I am very happy with the Arizona Ironwood. I saw several the other day that were ver bland, some all dark and some all light. But this one is very nice. Since I wasn’t able to pick it out, I am especially happy with it.
The Burlap Micarta is also very nice
Classy knives my friend! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Love the grain on that Ironwood.
-Tim
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thanks Tom. I’m pretty impressed with these 74’s.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Ivoryman wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:43 pm Fabulous.....
Thank you Ivoryman. 🍻
Please, my name is Skip.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”