PLEASE HELP

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
abraden

PLEASE HELP

Post by abraden »

MY GRANDPA PASSED AND HE INSTRUCTED ME TO SELL THESE KNIFES, AND IM SO LOST WITH IDENTIFYING THEM
Attachments
20201021_144405 (1).jpg
20201021_144432.jpg
IMG_20201021_112530 (1).jpg
20201021_144741.jpg
IMG_20201021_112530.jpg
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: PLEASE HELP

Post by edge213 »

abraden wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 pm MY GRANDPA PASSED AND HE INSTRUCTED ME TO SELL THESE KNIFES, AND IM SO LOST WITH IDENTIFYING THEM
No offense meant, but none of those are high dollar.
If they belonged to my grandfather I would keep them.
I would love to have a knife of my grandfather.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
TPK

Post by TPK »

abraden wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 pm MY GRANDPA PASSED AND HE INSTRUCTED ME TO SELL THESE KNIFES, AND IM SO LOST WITH IDENTIFYING THEM
Welcome to the AAPK! ::handshake::

I must say edge213 is right. If those belonged to your grandfather, you should keep em. ::nod:: You might get a few bucks for them but nothing near what you will lose. IMO. ::tu::

If you still want more information, you must take pictures of each knife individually. Especially of any & all stamps at the base of the blades. Open the blades to 90° to see & take complete pictures of the stamps. These will tell more about the makers & the ages of the knives. I can't help much with dates or values but others here can with the right pictures. :wink:
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Agree with David and Tom , keep em or pass onto another family member . Wish Gramps would’ve left my brothers and I them , can’t buy memories. The knives are great EDC , Some one will be happy to tote those!
A big Welcome as well, hope to see you stick around , Do you collect or Accumulate as some of us here do? Knives, guns , etc,.
JP
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks like you have a pocket knife for each day of the week, and memories of your grandfather. ::welcome:: to AAPK!
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
TPK

Post by TPK »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:20 pm Looks like you have a pocket knife for each day of the week, and memories of your grandfather. ::welcome:: to AAPK!
Good advice, well said! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.....i would give just about anything I have for the 2 Camillus knives(ss whitler and sunfish)my grandfather carried!!!!..... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ...........
abraden

Post by abraden »

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WELCOME. I WASNT CLOSE TO HIM AND REALLY HAVE NO GOOD MEMORIES OF HIM.. BUT MY GRANDMOTHER WAS AMAZING, AND I HAVE ALL HER KNIFES AND GUNS IN A SAFE :)
abraden

Post by abraden »

THE Vintage Rare Anco HPK 1057 Japanese lockback stainless steel pocket knife IS THE ONE THROWING ME OFF, I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE IN BOOKS OR ON THE INTERNET
Attachments
20201021_144741.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

It looks very much like ones that I have had that were made for Valor, C.I. Industries and several others. Most likely made by Seizo Imai during the 80’s. It’s not the high quality ones that Master Imai made for his own line of knives. If you can find some other knives like this made by one of those companies, it will give you a little bit of info on the knife. Those don’t bring much money unfortunately.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Keep them :x
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Froe

Post by Froe »

Keep them. Carry a different one everyday until you pick a favorite. Grampa knew the value of a good knife.
Froe
abraden

Post by abraden »

garddogg56 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:36 pm Keep them :x
im passing them down to my brother, he wasnt a nice man to me, i truly dont want them, i kept my grandmothers though :)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

abraden wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:59 pm
im passing them down to my brother, he wasnt a nice man to me, i truly dont want them, i kept my grandmothers though :)
abraden, I think you made a wise choice. We live in a fallen world and often the persons who should be precious to us are not. I am sorry for your history but passing them on seems like a very thoughtful idea. ::nod:: ::handshake::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

doglegg wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:07 pm
abraden wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:59 pm
abraden, I think you made a wise choice. We live in a fallen world and often the persons who should be precious to us are not. I am sorry for your history but passing them on seems like a very thoughtful idea. ::nod:: ::handshake::

I agree! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The first one is a Jos. Rodgers "His Majesty" bone handle pen knife. Dates to first part of 1900's. J.R. was The Top British knife maker but as both blades are worn down, value is low, maybe $30-$50 max on a good day.
There were a great many lock back knives made in Japan in 1970's-1980's. Value of all of them is low. No need to try to ID it any further.
Old Case knives can be valuable depending upon condition. If you show the Case knives with blades open and show tang markings clearly, Case collectors here can tell you age and value.
kj

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”