Unusual Remington.............

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
knife7knut

Unusual Remington.............

Post by knife7knut »

I don't normally buy knives with broken blades unless they are something special and I think this one may qualify.This one was free.
Has the Remington UMC circle stamp that is worn away a bit;no pattern number(I call it a lobster pattern).Handles appear to be silver but not marked sterling(or anything else)that are engraved on the ends with an oak leaf and acorn pattern and in the middle on one side a standing Indian chief aiming an arrow.May have had a bail on one end at some time.
Master blade shows a fair amount of fullness but the pen blade is broken just in front of the nail nick.Manicure blade has file on bottom and side.
Any info as to the pattern number;etc. would be greatly appreciated.Not looking to sell.
Attachments
RemingtonManicureKnifeFree 001.jpg
RemingtonManicureKnifeFree 002.jpg
RemingtonManicureKnifeFree 003.jpg
RemingtonManicureKnifeFree 004.jpg
RemingtonManicureKnifeFree 005.jpg
RemingtonManicureKnifeFree 006.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
espn77

Re: Unusual Remington.............

Post by espn77 »

Very cool. It looks like a R6559. I like thi ge like that. Thanks for showing us.
knife7knut

Re: Unusual Remington.............

Post by knife7knut »

espn77 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:23 pm Very cool. It looks like a R6559. I like thi ge like that. Thanks for showing us.
Thank you for the info;I will input that into my doc file.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”