Christmas Child Shoe Boxes

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
LDF Knives

Christmas Child Shoe Boxes

Post by LDF Knives »

Here is a Wonderful thing to do! I am a volunteer for Operation Christmas Child. The idea of to "Fill a Shoe-Box" to learn more of this, please go to Samaritanspurse.org or check with your local Churches, help a child from all over the globe to get some gifts that they may never receive, you can get nice things from any type of a Dollar Stores. This organization is up by the Billy Graham Family, and also this helps for the Children and adults,to spread the Gospel of Our Great Lord, Jesus Christ! ::ds:: Will you Help? Please do the research and see the rules of to what to fill in those shoe- boxes. and you can put in a letter of where you are from, You might get a response! ::tu:: Let's give the blessings from you to them!
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Christmas Child Shoe Boxes

Post by Colonel26 »

Good on you! Our ladies group at church usually does either this or will adopt some folks in some local homes without families. And then they enlist us all to gather the items.

Lots of opportunities out there to share the love of Christ!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Cool! Our church has been doing this for several years now. A great cause!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Our Church does this haven't heard about this year yet ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Our small church will be filling 100+ shoe boxes. We also have "Special Touch Ministries" where several churches partner together to provide Thanksgiving meals to the poor and "shut-ins" in our own communities. The Lottie Moon Christmas offering is coming soon and this years the national goal is $175 million. This is something close to my heart as it helps support my daughter and her family who are missionaries with the International Mission Board. There are many very good opportunities out there to support the Word of God reaching people around the world. Please pray how you can be involved this season. ::pray::
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Our church has participated in Operation Christmas Child for several years. Just today I read in our church newsletter that for some reason (unknown to me at this time) they were not going to be involved this year. I have already purchased numerous items with the intention of filling at least ten boxes this year. I get my two granddaughters involved because I think it gives them a wonderful lesson in caring for others. I plan to discuss this matter with our minister and see what's up, and if that door remains closed, I intend to channel my donations through another church if necessary.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Thank you Phil. For a child that has next to nothing and to see their smile when they open
the box will melt your heart and make any man cry. God's blessings.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

philco wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:28 am Our church has participated in Operation Christmas Child for several years. Just today I read in our church newsletter that for some reason (unknown to me at this time) they were not going to be involved this year. I have already purchased numerous items with the intention of filling at least ten boxes this year. I get my two granddaughters involved because I think it gives them a wonderful lesson in caring for others. I plan to discuss this matter with our minister and see what's up, and if that door remains closed, I intend to channel my donations through another church if necessary.
There are several churches that involves this in your community, It's one of the largest in the world, you will not have any problems! Blessings to you for doing so!
TPK

Post by TPK »

That's pretty cool Lance! ::tu:: Good deal! ::handshake:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

TPK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 am That's pretty cool Lance! ::tu:: Good deal! ::handshake:: ::nod::
Thank You! ::tu::

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”