Need information! Trying to research maker of this fixed blade knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Need information! Trying to research maker of this fixed blade knife

Post by Gone2Three »

I've come across this knife and would like to see if anyone here can identify the maker. Was told it's a usa made knife but can't find anything about it ::dang::
Thanks for the help !
Attachments
20201001_160247.jpg
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Need information! Trying to research maker of this fixed blade knife

Post by Gone2Three »

Does anyone recognize McCaffre stamp... ?
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

You might try posting your fixed blades and related questions in the dedicated Fixed Blade Knives sub-forum. There is overlap with people interested in both fixed blades and pocket knives but the guys having the most info and interest in fixed blades will probably have their alerts set to see posts there. ::tu:: Likewise, if fixed blades are your primary interest you can subscribe to that forum and receive alerts when someone makes a new post there. Doesn’t mean you can’t see everything else as usual, just means you won’t miss anything in the fixed blades forum, because you’ll get a notification when a new post is made.

viewforum.php?f=34

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:52 pm You might try posting your fixed blades and related questions in the dedicated Fixed Blade Knives sub-forum. These is overlap with people interested in both fixed blades and pocket knives but the guys having the most info and interest in fixed blades will probably have their alerts set to see posts there. ::tu:: Likewise, if fixed blades are your primary interest you can subscribe to that forum and receive alerts when someone makes a new post there. Doesn’t mean you can’t see everything else as usual, just means you won’t miss anything in the fixed blades forum, because you’ll get a notification when a new post is made.

viewforum.php?f=34

Ken
Thank you Ken, didn't realize that there was a sub-forum for fixed blade knives. See, learn something new today as well... I'm fairly new to the sight and have been somewhat stumbling around and discovering different things as I poke around here.
Primarily started collecting pocket knives, but have recently started to pick up a few fixed blades as I come across them. Don't have a clue about value, mainly looking for older ones that catch my eye.
Thanks for the guidance, lord only knows that I need it lol...
Randy
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Pretty sure that's a custom knife.

The problem with custom knives is that there are those who are pretty well known, and make a lot of knives (and as of late, a LOT of them have become known through Forged in Fire), meaning it takes little work to ID a knife; and then there are those who just produce small amounts only sold locally within their own area, and then there are those who might make a few for the use of themselves and their friends.
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

cody6268 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:36 am Pretty sure that's a custom knife.

The problem with custom knives is that there are those who are pretty well known, and make a lot of knives (and as of late, a LOT of them have become known through Forged in Fire), meaning it takes little work to ID a knife; and then there are those who just produce small amounts only sold locally within their own area, and then there are those who might make a few for the use of themselves and their friends.
I'm leaning towards that conclusion as well... it looks to be at least 30+ years old and well made.
I thank you for your input, with so much out there, it's hard to pin down ::shrug::

Return to “General Knife Discussion”