Parker Experts Help me!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
LDF Knives

Parker Experts Help me!

Post by LDF Knives »

I have a beautiful 3 blade Knife that the main blade is a Lock back The main Blade has I can Dig Gold From Quartz and is stamped # 17 on the bolster, I thought from a Price Guide 1987(?) it has 300 made (?) of that particular knife It is a nearly mint condition W/O a box. Chime in, Guys/Gals! :) P S It also has a flying Eagle shield on the handle!
kootenay joe

Re: Parker Experts Help me!

Post by kootenay joe »

Parker had thousands of different patterns of knives made. We need to see a couple of pictures to be able to comment
kj
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Parker Experts Help me!

Post by QTCut5 »

What exactly do you want to know about it?

I've owned two versions of that particular lockback whittler pattern in the past, and have seen at least three or four different versions (maybe more) on eBay over the years. It came in a number of different bone handle finishes/colors and with several different master blade etches: "Rio Grande Camp Knife" was etched on one of mine, "Arkansas Tooth Pick" on the other one...photos can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=53487&hilit=parker&start=30.

Both of mine were solid, well made knives...certainly not "high end" but typical of the Parker style. I think they were made in Japan, but not 100% certain (maybe only around 97.33%).
~Q~

Return to “General Knife Discussion”