Wanted: Protech TR3 w/ fish scale grip

Looking for a particular knife or related item? Post it here.
iubigred007

Wanted: Protech TR3 w/ fish scale grip

Post by iubigred007 »

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have been here, but I have a favor to throw out to the community. I have scoured the Internet via searches with search engines and also checked all of my favorite online dealers but no one has what I am looking for.

I am looking to acquire a Protech TR3 with the aluminum fish scale pattern on the grip. I handled one at Smoky Mountain knife works a couple of years ago and really liked it, but I never picked one up. Unfortunately it looks like they are a discontinued item. I can still get TR5 in the fish scale, but I like the TR3 blade shape better. The only TR3 I can seem to find are smooth scaled, or the one with the lines running horizontal down the scales.

I am really only looking for someone who is willing to sell one that is a “safe queen” or a new in the box.
Stanwade

Re: Wanted: Protech TR3 w/ fish scale grip

Post by Stanwade »

Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
iubigred007

Post by iubigred007 »

No. That’s got the strange multi-angle cut blade. I’m looking for a standard grind. Like a high saber grind or whatever their standard is. Thanks though!
Stanwade

Post by Stanwade »

No problem! Good luck!🤝
Ryan

“That’ll be the day”—-John Wayne
iubigred007

Post by iubigred007 »

Y’all can disregard this “want ad” as luck would have it, SMKW just released a exclusive model of this knife. I picked one up.
::groove::
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

iubigred007 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:18 pm Y’all can disregard this “want ad” as luck would have it, SMKW just released a exclusive model of this knife. I picked one up.
::groove::
Glad you got what you were looking for. Show us a pic when it arrives. ::nod::

Return to “Want Ads”