Russlock T01953L SELECT

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Sharkdriver

Russlock T01953L SELECT

Post by Sharkdriver »

I can not find any information regarding this knife, can anyone help?
It is a Russlock T01953L SELECT. The stamping is Case XX SELECT 2002 - 2004. What is the handle materal? Does anyone know the aproximate value.
It is a beautifil knife.Thanks for your help
Walt
Attachments
IMG_1277.jpeg
IMG_1276.jpeg
Modern Slip Joints

Re: Russlock T01953L SELECT

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

Welcome to the forum. That is a beautiful RussLock. Obviously the handle is tortoise shell but the question is is it real tortoise shell. The research section here writes that prior to 1940 Case used a 7 in tang stamps for imitation tortoise shell. If Case was consistent TO would be real tortoise shell. I suspect that's what it is.
Sharkdriver

Post by Sharkdriver »

Thanks for your help. The stamping is identical to the Case the "CASE XX SELECT" stamping for 2002 - 2004. There are no . or * on so, I assume it was made between 2002 and 2004. What value does the SELECT status add to the knife's value?

Walt
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Unfortunately not much if any added value based on what they're selling for on eBay. Here's a link to a current thread about Case Select viewtopic.php?f=66&t=68152 .

Regarding details about your specific knife you might contact Case at consumer-relations@wrcase.com and ask them.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”