Good Deal on Black Plain Edge Leek 1660

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Good Deal on Black Plain Edge Leek 1660

Post by QTCut5 »

This eBay seller has 10 brand new, USA made, Black Plain Edge Kershaw Leeks 1660 for sale listed at $29.99 OBO (Free Shipping!). I offered $25.00 and my offer was automatically accepted (maybe could have gotten it for even less?). If you're in the market for this particular knife, this is a pretty good deal. (Disclaimer: I am not the seller nor am I affiliated with the seller in any way.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kershaw-Leek-1 ... 2749.l2649
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (22.15 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Good Deal on Black Plain Edge Leek 1660

Post by Colonel26 »

Good looking knife for a good price. Just to test the waters I sent an offer in too. We’ll see what he says.

***edit****
I just bought two, one for me and one for my middle boy. He accepted $20. I think this model is selling for $50 on Amazon.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

::hmm:: Did they fall off a truck? :mrgreen: Wonder if he'll take $15 & ship to Germany? LOL! :lol:

Great looking knife! ::tu:: Great deal! ::tu:: Congrats guys! ::handshake:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:24 pm Good looking knife for a good price. Just to test the waters I sent an offer in too. We’ll see what he says.

***edit****
I just bought two, one for me and one for my middle boy. He accepted $20. I think this model is selling for $50 on Amazon.
Monkey see, monkey do, only I only offered for one. Real tempting to try & get two. One to keep and one to give away. Super price.

Edit: Just hit me. I wonder if they're blems. At that price, it makes no never mind to me if they are. Usually it's almost impossible to find the blemish on Kershaw blems.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm ::hmm:: Did they fall off a truck? :mrgreen: Wonder if he'll take $15 & ship to Germany? LOL! :lol:

I offered $15 just to see and they rejected it automatically.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 pm
Colonel26 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:24 pm Good looking knife for a good price. Just to test the waters I sent an offer in too. We’ll see what he says.

***edit****
Monkey see, monkey do, only I only offered for one. Real tempting to try & get two. One to keep and one to give away. Super price.
Well, I’m a horrible father, don’t ya know. I made Parker pay for his. But I’m sure he’ll eat more than $20 today so it’ll be a wash. lol
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:29 pm
TPK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm ::hmm:: Did they fall off a truck? :mrgreen: Wonder if he'll take $15 & ship to Germany? LOL! :lol:

I was just joking around. My car was broke down (€450), so now I'm broke as a snapped bean anyways. ::nod::
I only get a paycheck once a month, so if your broke after the first week, your in for a long month. ::doh:: And things have gotten even worse in the last year & a half. Who cares about food, now when I'm broke, I can't even buy any knives. ::facepalm:: It's absolutely terrible! ::doh::

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm

I was just joking around. My car was broke down (€450), so now I'm broke as a snapped bean anyways. ::nod::
I only get a paycheck once a month, so if your broke after the first week, your in for a long month. ::doh:: And things have gotten even worse in the last year & a half. Who cares about food, now when I'm broke, I can't even buy any knives. ::facepalm:: It's absolutely terrible! ::doh::
You’re singing my tune! I’ve got a broke down truck that needs parts, and a tractor that I just ordered a bunch of parts for the lift and pto, and then there’s the bush hog I need to get sheet metal and patch up...... I think I’m done adulting. :D

PS

I’m always curious about our members beyond the pale. What’s it like shipping knives to Germany. Are there restrictions?
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:50 pm
TPK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm

You’re singing my tune! I’ve got a broke down truck that needs parts, and a tractor that I just ordered a bunch of parts for the lift and pto, and then there’s the bush hog I need to get sheet metal and patch up...... I think I’m done adulting. :D

PS

I’m always curious about our members beyond the pale. What’s it like shipping knives to Germany. Are there restrictions?
The only restrictions I know of is about the value of the knives. If the value on the package is like $15 - $20, it's fine. If it's stated as being worth more than that, I have to pay "Import taxes". Good thing my Mom has no idea what knives are worth & I always tell her, "Oh just write $20 on it. That'll be fine." :lol:

Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Rofl.
Robert E. Lee
Eye Brand Man

Post by Eye Brand Man »

I'm not up to speed on modern knives. Is it possible these are "clones"?
Eye Brand Collector
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Eye Brand Man wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 pm I'm not up to speed on modern knives. Is it possible these are "clones"?
I really don't know. But, I've noticed a lot of retailers (both knife and general) have been clearancing out Leeks in all configurations like crazy as of late, and what the seller is asking is only about $5 less than what I paid for my silver one. Yet pretty much all Scallions, and most Chives are regular price. I don't know if for some reason, it's a slow seller, or perhaps, Kershaw is making some changes to the design in the near future.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Eye Brand Man wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 pm I'm not up to speed on modern knives. Is it possible these are "clones"?
No. I suppose anything is possible but that is very highly unlikely.

Edit: For those who got an order in, it's a good thing you were quick on the trigger 'cause they're all gone.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

jerryd6818 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 pm
No. I suppose anything is possible but that is very highly unlikely.

Edit: For those who got an order in, it's a good thing you were quick on the trigger 'cause they're all gone.
I made an offer at $20, and it sat unconfirmed for several hours. I went out and did some stuff and when I got back I had a notice that my offer was accepted, so I paid. Maybe I got the last one. ::shrug:: Thanks Q for the heads-up. :D

Now we’ll see what shows up in my mailbox. :lol:

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I was sore tempted to buy two but managed to get my implusive side under control. (for once) Now let's see how quickly he ships.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

The Kershaw Leek is a great knife. The Ken Onion/Kershaw assisted opening system is the next best thing to an automatic. A couple of bits of info that might be useful:

Kershaw factory blems are marked with 4 "X" on the blade, like this: https://kershawguy.com/wp-content/uploa ... scaled.jpg

Several years ago, Ken Onion, the designer of the Kershaw Leek, Shallot & Chive left Kershaw and went to CRKT. Since then, Kershaw has continued to sell the Ken Onion knives. The Leek, in particular, has been released in a wild array of different colors, steels and handles.

Someone mentioned clones - Well, you can find the "Kershaw Leek" on aliexpress, DHgate and the other Chinese sites. Are these clones? I don't know.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305368 ... hweb201603_

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000917 ... hweb201603_
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

If they're not blems, he must have got a SUPER good deal on them to be able to sell them for $20 & free shipping. I'll let y'all know if it's a blem when I get it. Shipped today (well the shipping label was printed today).
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Day ( or a few ) late. DARN!!! ::dang::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

These leeks, the chive and some others are now on sal at Menards,,it’s like a Home Depot or Lowe’s. Looked them over on the rack ,didn’t see any defects. The leek was going for 25.99 ,can’t remember the price on the chive, think it was 19.99 . So what’s the deal with these Kershaw , is there a legal battle between Kershaw and this Ken guy? Or is it that there not selling?
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Oh boy. Now I gotta make a stop at Menards. Maybe they will have a color I don't have (not likely but ya gotta check it out) and I only have one Chive & it's an Snap-On advertiser.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Update. Drove down to the closest Menards. No Kershaws (or any other knives) on sale.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm Update. Drove down to the closest Menards. No Kershaws (or any other knives) on sale.
Jerry ,what color are you looking for ? Or did they have them at regular price of 39 or whatever! These here are at 25.99 and am going to get one on my way thru town,might even grab a chive for my wife.
Will get info from store if possible regarding the sale price .
JP
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Ripster wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm
jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm Update. Drove down to the closest Menards. No Kershaws (or any other knives) on sale.
Jerry ,what color are you looking for ? Or did they have them at regular price of 39 or whatever! These here are at 25.99 and am going to get one on my way thru town,might even grab a chive for my wife.
Will get info from store if possible regarding the sale price .
I wasn't looking for any color in particular. All I was looking for was a deal. All they had was silver and I have that. Thought I might get a Chive since the only one I have is an advertiser. Oh well. I didn't need to spend the money.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

My two arrived today. There are no XXXX marks on mine and they look good to me. Well done, straight grinds, the black coating is even on the blade and the coating to bevel like is straight as can be.

But there’s one thing different about them than any other Kershaw leek I’ve owned. These were actually sharp out of the box. Every other one I’ve had has been blunt as a froe.

I’m tickled with these two.
Robert E. Lee
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I really went over the one I got with a fine-tooth comb and compared it to my other Leeks. I found some minor differences but nothing that would suggest it is a knock-off clone. If it is a clone, it's a very well made copy that is every bit as good as the genuine article.
Here are my observations:
The assisted opening is not as crisp and the frame-lock is a bit harder to release.
The pocket clip is a tad longer, has a deeper upswept curve with a more pointed tip and sits at a slightly different angle on the frame (closer to the back spacer pins)
P9210001_1.JPG

The edge of the frame is not rounded...it's almost a 90 degree corner
P9210002_1.JPG
P9210006.JPG

The bevel on the downward sweep of the blade spine is slightly different
P9210007.JPG

The 1660 pattern number is smaller print
P9210008.JPG

Other than these few differences, though, it looks like a genuine Kershaw Leek to me.
P9210009.JPG
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”