A Farmers Stockman

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Mainerd72

A Farmers Stockman

Post by Mainerd72 »

My father gave my great uncle this 65-69 Stockman the year I was born. My great uncle carried the knife everyday for 34 years. He always used the sheepsfoot blade to cut bulls in the spring and the spey blade for general use. My father estimated the sheepsfoot blade had castrated roughly 800-900 bulls. I'll take it out of the box just to feel his presence. He was as much like John Wayne as these parts ever knew, he even looked a little like The Duke, in my eyes anyways
Attachments
IMG_20190204_111844852~2.jpg
cudgee

Re: A Farmers Stockman

Post by cudgee »

Mainerd72 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 pm My father gave my great uncle this 65-69 Stockman the year I was born. My great uncle carried the knife everyday for 34 years. He always used the sheepsfoot blade to cut bulls in the spring and the spey blade for general use. My father estimated the sheepsfoot blade had castrated roughly 800-900 bulls. I'll take it out of the box just to feel his presence. He was as much like John Wayne as these parts ever knew, he even looked a little like The Duke, in my eyes anyways
Great looking knife with a unique history. The fact that is was used as intended, as a stock knife, is rare these days. Welcome to the forum. ::handshake::
Mainerd72

Post by Mainerd72 »

Thanks man great to be here. Just feeling my way around lol ::handshake::
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Beautiful knife with a great history! Thanks for sharing. Poor bulls. ::teary_eyes::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Great story and a KOOL knife!! NICE!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Mainerd72

Post by Mainerd72 »

herbva wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:18 pm Beautiful knife with a great history! Thanks for sharing. Poor bulls. ::teary_eyes::
Thank you!
Mainerd72

Post by Mainerd72 »

jmh58 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:34 pm Great story and a KOOL knife!! NICE!!! ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D
Thank y'all, he actually only lost the knife once that we know of. It was found beside the mailbox that evening I believe.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Great family heirloom, to be treasured for sure. Appears to be a well loved knife, used as it was made to be used.. ::tu::

Welcome to AAPK.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Mainerd72

Post by Mainerd72 »

Thank you Ken that 65-69 metal was hard to beat in my book. I know some folks say the metals were the same but I believe it's a little better. Make maybe 3 backwards strope swipes across a fine stone and its razor sharp again,
Mainerd

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”