My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

My Manual Folders!

Post by Madmarco »

Hey guys! I have already posted my autos and my fixies on the appropriate threads, so I thought I'd share with you'all my remaining 100 or so manual folders from various locations on the planet. Please keep in mind that I don't actually use any of my knives, I simply collect them for my own pleasure and their "cool" factor, and I will do my best to describe them, although, the info I provide will be only from what I can remember, and the markings on each knife, so if any of the info is incorrect please feel free to correct me. Since I don't carry or use my knives, factors such as steel type, edge retention, etc. hold very little importance to me, so my details won't contain much technical information. I think you will shortly notice that I have a penchant for stiletto style knives, and I've had this desire since I was 6 years old. Some are cheapos, some are mid-range, and some are quality knives, both inexpensive and expensive. On a final note, I will post 1-a-day, as this will give me something to look forward to each day, and, kindly try to overlook the fact that my hand is in the pics, since the only camera I have is the one built into my laptop, and I need 1 hand to hold the knife and 1 to click the pics! Enough said, on to the 1st knife! This is a Tac-Force TF-428 8 3/4" linerlock stiletto/SS bayonet blade bolsters liners screws and adjustable pivot, dark brown pakkawood scales, and pocket-clip, although, I remove the clips on all my knives since I have no need for them, and, I think the knife has a sleeker profile without them. Weighs about 3 oz.'s. Has "Tac-Force" and "Milano", as well as "Stainless" and "USA Design" etches. Opens fast via a pull on the "flipper", and locks-up tight. This knife had an additional "flipper" on the top edge of the blade, but I ground it off to add to the slim appearance. This was the 1st knife I ever purchased, and is the one that got me hooked on stilettos. I recently spotted an auto version of this knife, and it's on my radar to purchase in the future. Thanks for listening! 8)
WIN_20200806_13_34_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200806_13_35_06_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by samb1955 »

Looking good!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! I have some pretty cool folders to post, so keep watching! Mark. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I just got this nice little folder in today's mail, after waiting for over 2 months for it to arrive! It was coming from California, and under normal circumstances would have gone straight up the west coast to Customs in B.C., but due to the back-log they are dealing with at the western Customs mail center because of the virus, it was sent all the way across the country to an eastern Customs center, which undoubtedly was a factor in the long delivery time. I will usually receive a package from California inside of 2 weeks, but this virus has really disrupted most delivery schedules. Shipped June 2nd, delivered August 7th, YIKES! Oh well, c'est la vie! The knife! It's a simple Frost Cutlery "Flying Falcon" linerlock model that's 8" open/SS bayonet blade with about a 40% serration, all SS body with single liner and deep grooves for grip, thumb-stud, and lanyard hole. Being all steel construction it weighs about 6 oz's. and only 6/16" thick. Arrived razor-sharp. Has "Frost Cutlery" and "FLYING FALCON" stamped on the front tang, and, "MITCO STAINLESS" stamped on the back tang. A very nice all steel folder that fits right-in with my other all steel knives! 8)
WIN_20200807_11_02_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200807_11_03_23_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I like both of those Mark. That last one looks like it could handle some very hard work, it would be a good one to take in the back country.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! It really is a solid little folder and very slim, feels great in-hand! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I purchased this nice little folder based strictly on the designs on the scales and blade, but once I handled it, it turned out to be a sturdy well-built knife. At the time I bought it CBSA(Canadian Customs)hadn't gone crazy on knives with "flippers" yet, so there were no import problems, just ordered it and sat back and waited for it to arrive, like it should be. It's a Black Legion 8 1/2" linerlock folder/SS dagger blade with what appear to be dragon's claws engraving, jet-black SS scales with a dragon engraved in gold(just the color, not the material)on the front and the same engraving on the back minus the color, adjustable pivot, SS liners, and pocket-clip. Has "BLACK LEGION" etch on the front blade. Weighs-in at about 4 oz.'s and arrived with the bottom edge razor-sharp. As I do with all my knive when they arrive, I applied a couple drops of Quick Release oil to the pivot, and that made for fast silky-smooth opening via the "flipper", and tight lock-up. A teriffic conversation piece, but would certainly be a handy user if one didn't mind beating it up! 8)
WIN_20200808_13_02_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200808_13_02_34_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Really looks Kung Fu, I like it!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! It was one of my very early purchases, and fortunately I've learned a bit about quality since, not much, but a bit! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That’s an interesting knife. Looks great.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! ::tu:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This is another stiletto that I purchased for the engraving designs on the blade and scales, but this one also turned out to be well-built and sturdy. It's called "Gravedigger" and is an 8 3/4" OAL linerlock A/O stiletto/SS skull-engraved dagger blade including the flipper tabs and false top-edge, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS stonewashed skull-engraved scales, SS liners, adjustable pivot, and pocket-clip. For any who've noticed that I state "pocket-clip" but don't see one, that's due to me removing them upon arrival since I don't carry my knives, and, I just think the lines on the knife are cleaner without the clips. This one has a hefty weight of about 5 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge of the blade is sharpened. Opens hard and fast with a pull on the flipper, and locks-up solid. Is completely unmarked, and I'm afraid I can't remember who made it. An excellent piece for 1-handed "flipper therapy", meaning you can open and close it all day long with just 1 hand and never having to worry about breaking the spring. Whomever made these certainly put the emphasis on the A/O torsion spring, cuz these open nearly as fast as an automatic without all the legal hassles involved! 8)
WIN_20200809_15_02_05_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200809_15_02_39_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I like the look of that one too! Keep them coming.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Sam! I fully realize these are simple non-quality folders, but I'm a sucker for certain designs, skulls being 1 of them, and they were fun to wait for and eventually play with! Doesn't take too much to amuse me! lol! 8)
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I'm easily amused too and I like skulls too, I have a tattoo of a skull.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

That's somethin' I never pulled the trigger on, a tattoo. I drew a design for one that I almost got when I was much younger, a grinning skull with perfect teeth and a cigarette dangling out of his mouth with a smoke trail, a top-hat with the 4 aces tucked into the hatband, 2 red dice for the eyes with the 2 sixes showing, and all the appropriate colors filled in. Those were my days when I thought I was an accomplished gambler, but all it took to put an end to that was to pretty much lose my shirt in Vegas one year ::facepalm:: and I came crashing back to Earth. ::dang:: It sure was fun though while it lasted! To this day, many years later, I still don't have any tats, cuz I spend all my money on knives! At least I finally have my priorities straight! lol! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This stiletto has a bit of a story that goes along with it! I saw it online and was immediately drawn to it's all-black appearance so I ordered one. When it arrived I removed the pocket-clip which was on there REALLY tight, and as a result I ended up scuffing the bottom bolster pretty badly. With a lot of the paint scuffed off the stainless steel was showing and didn't look too good, so I spray painted the bolster black and let it dry. Looking back on it now the knife looked pretty good with the alteration, but, it bothered me that the paint was flat looking and the rest of the knife had a shine, so I made the decision to order another one and use the altered one for everyday tasks. The knife was very inexpensive so to get another one was no big deal, but, while ordering a new one I failed to notice that I'd added it to my cart TWICE! I had about 5 other knives in the order so it wasn't until the order arrived that I found 2 more of these knives included, and traced back to my mistake. So, I'm now the embarrassed owner of 3 of the exact same knives, and it was all due to my being in a rush and trying to do too many things at one time! This was quite awhile ago and I can say I've never made that mistake again, so hopefully I've learned my lesson, which is, don't buy cheap knives in the first place! lol! Sorry for the rant, I'm a little bit bored and trying to fill-in some time! To the knife! This is a Tac-Force 8 3/4" OAL linerlock A/O stiletto/black-coated SS bayonet blade, SS bolsters liners and screws, adjustable pivot, black/white swirl ABS scales, and pocket-clip. Another hefty folder weighing-in at about 5 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge is sharpened. After applying Q.R. oil to the pivot, the blade flies open with a pull on the flipper, and locks-up tight. There is "Tac-Force" and registered trademark etched on the front blade, and "TACTICAL TF-623" as well as "STAINLESS STEEL" and "USA DESIGN" etched on the back blade. At the time I ordered this knife it was priced at about US$18., and I've seen them lately priced close to US$45., so if I had to make a mistake it would appear I made it at the right time! I decided to post these manual folders from least expensive to most expensive, so if you're getting bored with these cheapos rest assured they get better! 8)
WIN_20200810_11_08_51_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200810_11_09_19_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

You seem to like that style, so do I.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I’m not usually a big fan of skulls, but that one does look very nice.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes I really do like that style knife Sam! I think in my first post of these manuals I said, "if you haven't already noticed I have a penchant for stiletto style knives" or something similar. I just like their clean straight lines, always have, always will! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:10 pm I’m not usually a big fan of skulls, but that one does look very nice.
You know Mark, there was a time that I thought it was strange or even morbid to be attracted to skulls, flames, and such, but after I read his "About Me" profile by Paul "Burn" Panak a famous builder of high quality automatics, I changed my thinking. He described his attraction to these things dating way back to when he was a kid, and I realized it wasn't so odd to find these symbols attractive, as long as I kept things in perspective and didn't look for the morbid aspect of them. After all, they're only symbols, so as long as I didn't seek out the bad things associated with them like witchcraft, satanic rituals, etc. it'd be O.K., and is, for ME. I'm not trying to defend my point-of-view or denounce yours, just explain it! Although, after some of what you've told me about bad experiences I can certainly understand you not being a fan of such things. To each his own I guess! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I like the black on black look of that last one. It does have a very classy look to it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! I happen to have a couple extras if you want me to send you one! lol! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

These 2 knives are a couple more inexpensive Tac-Force folders. They're both 9" OAL linerlock A/O stilettos/SS bayonet blades with blood grooves, SS satin-finish bolsters, SS liners and screws, decorative ABS scales, adjustable pivots, and pocket-clips. The knife in the top pic is called a "Speedster" model, and the one in the bottom pic is the "Punisher" model. Both weigh about 4 oz.'s each and arrived with only the bottom edges sharpened. They open fast and hard via the flippers and lock-up solid. They have the usual Tac-Force markings, including the same model number TF-598. These knives are identical in construction, the only differences being the scale designs and additional holes in the blade on the Speedster. Have no fear, the models will improve shortly! 8)
WIN_20200811_19_12_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200811_19_13_01_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

I have a bunch of stuff alot like what you've been posting lately, fun knives.

Return to “Other foreign made knives”