Pray for Me Please

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Pray for Me Please

Post by dlr110 »

I tested positive and it wasn't a pregnancy test. I've got the Covid-19 and it looks like I got it from the neighbor across the road when he was here doing some work, he didn't find out until the work was finished, he's an contractor. I have been sent to my room, a sperate bedroom, bathroom and my office. The only good thing is that I'm being waited on, food and drinks being brought to my office.

Now on the serious side, this sucks! I was feeling bad this passed Thursday and Friday, but on Saturday night I took an ambulance ride to the hospital where they treated me and tested for the virus. I was sent home, because I was not showing signs of needing critical care at the time. I just received the phone call from the hospital informing me of the positive results.

I now have pneumonia in both lungs, I'm on oxygen almost day and night, I cough and I have pain in my back and neck. My inner ear is messed up and I have a problem balancing so I hold on to things. The only place that gives me any comfort is right here sitting upright at my desk. Whatever they meant by critical care I sure hope I don't get to that point.

You know, it doesn't matter one bit what the statistics are, I don't care to hear any of the media lies and the conspiracy theorists' need to find a new hobby. All that matters is it's real, it hurts and I've got it. Right now I need my Heavenly Father, my wife Cheryl and as my prayer warriors as I can.

David R
Attachments
20200706_173149.jpg
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
cudgee

Re: Pray for Me Please

Post by cudgee »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:41 pm I tested positive and it wasn't a pregnancy test. I've got the Covid-19 and it looks like I got it from the neighbor across the road when he was here doing some work, he didn't find out until the work was finished, he's an contractor. I have been sent to my room, a sperate bedroom, bathroom and my office. The only good thing is that I'm being waited on, food and drinks being brought to my office.

Now on the serious side, this sucks! I was feeling bad this passed Thursday and Friday, but on Saturday night I took an ambulance ride to the hospital where they treated me and tested for the virus. I was sent home, because I was not showing signs of needing critical care at the time. I just received the phone call from the hospital informing me of the positive results.

I now have pneumonia in both lungs, I'm on oxygen almost day and night, I cough and I have pain in my back and neck. My inner ear is messed up and I have a problem balancing so I hold on to things. The only place that gives me any comfort is right here sitting upright at my desk. Whatever they meant by critical care I sure hope I don't get to that point.

You know, it doesn't matter one bit what the statistics are, I don't care to hear any of the media lies and the conspiracy theorists' need to find a new hobby. All that matters is it's real, it hurts and I've got it. Right now I need my Heavenly Father, my wife Cheryl and as my prayer warriors as I can.

David R
::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Here for ya, David!

Father, bless David with Your healing power. I pray You bring a quick recovery. I ask You to bless him and Cheryl with Your peace and comfort through this. May a miraculous recovery brought by Your power bring glory to You. I ask in the name of Your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Got ya covered on the prayer, hope you don't get worse before you get better!
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Prayers for you heading Skyward. ::pray::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

David - you will he added to my prayers - Godspeed
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

David, you’re in my prayers.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

In my prayers for a speedy recover God bless you
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

So sorry you have to go through this, David.
Praying the Lord will bless you with a quick recovery and keep Miss Cheryl healthy.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Froe

Post by Froe »

Prayers sent.
Froe
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

My prayers are with you David. Stay strong and keep a positive attitude. ::pray::
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Not really a praying person but I sure wish you a full recovery. You gotta tell yourself to "fight,fight, fight" every day and every night and not give up. I got it back in early April and it near killed me or at least that is how it felt. It is now over three months since I got it and although the extreme fatigue, the freezing chills are gone but I am still having problems with high pulse rate and shortness of breath and the headaches come and go. It has not been easy. Keep your faith and fight it from inside yourself, it is tough but survivable for many.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

David, I pray and hope that you get better soon. The Lord always provides the grace we need. Jehovah-Jireh.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Wishing for the best my friend. Stay strong!!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Sorry to hear this news, David. My prayers are with you and your family, for a speedy recovery. Keep the faith. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

My prayers for you and Cheryl both. May the Great Physician give you strength and healing.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

You got it David: I will pray.
And let me thank you for your service to our country. My Father-in-Law retired out of the Navy - 21 years active, and 10 years in the Reserves.
I hope that you loved your time in the Navy as much as he did his.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
eveled

Post by eveled »

I’ll dedicate a Rosary to you. Take care.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Abba, Father, we thank you for David, for his life, his witness and his friendship. We thank you Lord that he reflects your image and your light in our little corner of cyberspace.
I am convinced Lord that you are not through with him yet so I ask Father that you would strengthen his body, his soul and his spirit. But you would strengthen him in the Inner Man that his physical body would reflect the healing you are doing in his spirit.

Your Apostle Paul said; "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind."
We asked Lord now that you would give David a double portion of your power, love, and a sound mind and that there would be no spirit of fear in him!qq

We ask that you would heal him quickly and that his healing and life would be a testimony of Your Love and your power, not just power over a virus, but Lord Jesus you were vctorious over sin and over death itself! You alone hold the keys to death
So we ask you Lord on David's behalf that you would be the great physician and heal our brother quickly because we love him and we enjoy his company Lord!

By the power of your shed blood Lord Jesus,we ask in your name,
Amen
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Prayers sent to you.

On a medical side:

Have you and your wife monitor the following and if any acute changes call your doctor or ER and have them
evaluate you soon:

Rapid breathing rate changes or difficulty to catch your breath or find it too winded to speak

Rapid heart rate changes

Blue color developing under your nails

Acute changes in your ability to think or get your point across.

I do not want to scare you but this virus can turn your health on a thin dime.

Best of luck. Can’t wait until you feel better so you can talk knives.

Bob
[
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

::pray:: You get thru It Okay K.C.
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

I lift you up to the Lord in prayer right now. I believe that God is a healer and he will rid this virus from your body and make you well again.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Praying for you.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Praying for you David and your family!
Lloyd
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

David, watch this YouTube video interview (The COVID-19 silver bullet) from Bill Still’s YouTube channel. A Dr. Richard Bartlett from your great state of TX has an interesting and promising COVID-19 treatment plan that is certainly worth listening to. Continuing to pray for you and wishing you all the very best!!

https://youtu.be/iYRO6NldUP4
Lloyd

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”