GEC#33 CONDUCTOR

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Onearmbladejunkie

GEC#33 CONDUCTOR

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Looks like another old winner coming out. I am down for at least one GEC#33 .
33-conductor.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: GEC#33 CONDUCTOR

Post by jerryd6818 »

Almost tempted to buy another one if they didn't cost so much. I see there's no bail on this one.
Attachments
331211 - Burnt Stag.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The #33 Conductor is one of my favorite GEC patterns. I really like pen knives. The 2 examples shown above unfortunately look rather 'dull' to me. The ones from 2011 have triple threaded bolsters, great stag with a shield and a bail which further dresses it up.
I hope this new release will have more handle choices than just the 2 that are shown.
And, how about a repeat of the Norfolk pattern that GEC made for Northwoods about 10 or more years ago. The Norfolk is perhaps the most elegant graceful pattern of all folding knives.
kj
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Thankfully I can sit this release out and rebuild the knife fund.
kootenay joe wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:28 pm The #33 Conductor is one of my favorite GEC patterns. I really like pen knives. The 2 examples shown above unfortunately look rather 'dull' to me. The ones from 2011 have triple threaded bolsters, great stag with a shield and a bail which further dresses it up.
I hope this new release will have more handle choices than just the 2 that are shown.
And, how about a repeat of the Norfolk pattern that GEC made for Northwoods about 10 or more years ago. The Norfolk is perhaps the most elegant graceful pattern of all folding knives.
kj
Mike at CK stated on another forum that these are going to be the only options.
Trace
Onearmbladejunkie

GEC is having temporary material shortages. The #33s will made from NOS parts. These GEC#33s will be in low numbers. I want the Tidioute #33 for easier opening. A nail nick closer to the tip of the blade makes a bigger difference for one arm me.
Onearmbladejunkie

GEC announced today, the Northfield Stag #33 Conductor and the GEC#33 Tidioute Antique autumn jigged bone knife. These are next for production. Shield on the Tidioute knife will be announced later.
Onearmbladejunkie

Great Eastern Cutlery showed some production line photos today , of the Tidioute GEC#33 Conductor knife. The Antique Autumn wavy rogers bone jigging GEC#33 Conductor knife is on the production line , right now. I hope GEC uses the new shield in the GEC drawing. The wavy rogers jigging has the best feel in my hand. I am so looking forward to buying this #33 Tidioute knife.
33-conductor.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The 33 is one of my top three favorite patterns.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Onearmbladejunkie

The GEC#33 Conductor Antique Autumn wavy jigged bone knives were released on 7/31,2020. Those knives will be shipped out to dealers this week. No news on the #33 Sambar Stag Conductor knives yet.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The 2011 #33 are far more attractive, more handle options, threaded bolsters, shield and a bail which further dresses up the knife.
And no 3 blade whittler this time either.
Why is GEC only making such a 'plain jane' #33 this time ? Anyone know the explanation ?
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:07 pm The 2011 #33 are far more attractive, more handle options, threaded bolsters, shield and a bail which further dresses up the knife.
And no 3 blade whittler this time either.
Why is GEC only making such a 'plain jane' #33 this time ? Anyone know the explanation ?
kj
GEC ran out of Bovine Cattle Bone . This #33 Conductor is a filler knife. The Northfield #23LL knives need bone and assembly. Parts for future patterns are being made right now. A #35 run is most definite. #33 Tidioute Antique Autumn wavy jigged bone Conductor knives have been shipped out. The #33 Sambar Stag knives are released 8/7/2020. Those will be shipped out next week. I hear there will be about 400 each of the #33 knives. (not confirmed) The Northfield #33s have pinched bolsters.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Does GEC dye & jig the bone slabs for their knives ? Or are bone handle pieces purchased already dyed & jigged ?
kj
Onearmbladejunkie

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:05 pm Does GEC dye & jig the bone slabs for their knives ? Or are bone handle pieces purchased already dyed & jigged ?
kj
I heard in the very early years GEC did outsource coloring and bone jigging. It is all inhouse now and they are getting better every year. 2019 Chocolate Almond peach-seed jigged bone is the best example.
4PqtLo3.jpg
ZDcZU6A.jpg
l4GwzwE.jpg
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Well the 33's hit tonight in 2 place Gunstock Jacks (miss it) & C Risner Cutlery and they sold out in less than 2 minutes .
I didn't get one in the cart till it was sold out . ::dang::
JUST A HOARDER

Post by JUST A HOARDER »

kennedy knives wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:10 am Well the 33's hit tonight in 2 place Gunstock Jacks (miss it) & C Risner Cutlery and they sold out in less than 2 minutes .
I didn't get one in the cart till it was sold out . ::dang::
I think is was more like 30 seconds. :shock:
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Hoarder You may be right ::shrug::
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

At C Risner, had one in the cart, within a second of going live. Within a minute, PayPal transaction was complete and it came back "Out of Stock".
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
Trouts

Post by Trouts »

Doc B wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:29 am At C Risner, had one in the cart, within a second of going live. Within a minute, PayPal transaction was complete and it came back "Out of Stock".
I had the exact same happen. Just crazy.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I managed to get a Conductor ! Real Beauty too. Ivory, 2011, with a bail.
They don't make them like they used to.
kj
mightyzaa3

Post by mightyzaa3 »

yep. in cart, paypal processed, and then out of stock. all in less than 2 minutes. makes you sick. wonder how many flippers got one? ::facepalm::
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

The flippers have the inside track.
That's why I don't bother with GEC.
Tim
Onearmbladejunkie

I paid my invoice with Franks Classic Cutlery on the #33 jigged bone knife. I want to score a #33 Sambar Stag conductor and the #35 BEER & SAUSAGE knife too. I'll be happy when GEC receives some more Bovine Cattle bone. I need both #23LL Northfield knives to complete my GEC#23/23LL collection.
Onearmbladejunkie

The Knife Connection has fourteen GEC Conductor jigged bone knives right now. Hurry ! (EDIT) I was going to make another posting. Sold out in 2 minutes . Limit two each ! Stroke those flippers , again !
Iowaboy

Post by Iowaboy »

I had the same problem at Risner's, was in my cart, but before I got through with Paypal confirmation, it was snatched away from me.

That is getting ridiculous, at least when I want a nice Case knife I can get it!!

Not GEC's fault there so popular and small quantities, but pretty soon all will be bought for resale by speculators.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Got my 33 today, it’s so light and small I thought the tube was empty at first. This would be a great one to carry, you might forget your toting it though.
Attachments
IMG_3767.jpeg
IMG_3769.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”